• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

US: Phone NBC news now to ask them to cover Bob Miller's Ampligen hunger strike

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Dreambirdie posted this message from Bob Miller's Facebook page on another thread - please act on it, and do it now!

No time to lose, the Ampligen decision is expected any time now. Pile on that pressure!

"Patients who are able can call NBC News at 212-664-4444 and comment on the story below. Be sure to tell the person who answers why you are calling, they will put you through to a comment line where you can request for them to plesae cover this important News story Nationally, be sure to tell them where you are calling from.
Many thanks to All who are helping, my wife and I could not do this without your help and support.
Kindly, Bob"
THIS IS THE STORY he is referring to: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50666787

Edit: Nico passed on this on another thread:

someone commenting on Bob Miller's FB page said that she has been re-directed to send an email to NBC when she called the phone number. The email is: story@nbcuni.com

WillowTree

ME/CFS is NOT fatigue!
I called NBC National News at the number given above and spoke with someone there. I faxed him copies of the local Reno coverage plus some additional information for him to look over, which he said he would do. Whether or not it will be covered on the national news, I don't know, but he did show interest in the story. Let's hope for the best.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I called NBC National News at the number given above and spoke with someone there. I faxed him copies of the local Reno coverage plus some additional information for him to look over, which he said he would do. Whether or not it will be covered on the national news, I don't know, but he did show interest in the story. Let's hope for the best.

Brilliant! Nice going. :thumbsup:

Of course, the more people phone...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just edited the original post to include this, passed on by Nico:

someone commenting on Bob Miller's FB page said that she has been re-directed to send an email to NBC when she called the phone number. The email is: story@nbcuni.com

Thanks to Nico - I checked Bob's page and the lady who posted that said that NBC had had quite a few calls so people are clearing getting in touch. She wrote, 'Just talked to a woman there who said she's gotten quite a few calls and sounded a bit exasperated as she doesn't have a say re stories or coverage. She asked that we write to: story@nbcuni.com'

So, Please email rather than phone, I guess!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just bumping this up... so more people see it.

Same here - news channels must be desperate for news at the weekends because nothing much happens so please keep emailing - we might have even more chance of success today!