• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FDA should give CFS patients access to Ampligen! --Online Petition

I'll be sending a copy of the signature list to Robert Miller on Monday. No-one else will be getting it as far as I'm concerned. I'm considering directing other requests for the list to Mr. Miller, though we haven't discussed it yet.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'll be sending a copy of the signature list to Robert Miller on Monday. No-one else will be getting it as far as I'm concerned. I'm considering directing other requests for the list to Mr. Miller, though we haven't discussed it yet.
Thanks for the update, Freds.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I got this email from Courtney Miller this morning (my bolding):

Dear Friends,
Someone who was moved by patient testimony at the FDA hearing on Ampligen started an online petition to the FDA, which has already gotten 2,300 signatures from patients like us. My husband Robert is planning to deliver the petition to the FDA by the February 2 approval deadline. Please join us in signing it and spreading it, so we can break 3,000 this week!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ampligen/

The FDA Advisory panel voted that Ampligen is safe enough to market, given the serious and life-threatening nature of the illness and the lack of any approved treatments or medicines in the pipeline.

The FDA is noticing patient involvement on this decision, which is very good for our illness. Thank you for your emails to the Secretary of Health and the FDA. Keep them coming too! This petition is important as well because the FDA hasn't gotten 3,000 signatures on our illness before.

We can't let the FDA deny the only medication for ME/CFS in advanced clinical trials and send a message to pharmaceutical companies that it won't approve ME/CFS treatments.

Please sign and spread it today! Thanks for your voices.

Courtney Miller

Reno, Nevada

I said:
I'll be sending a copy of the signature list to Robert Miller on Monday.
This was changed to Tuesday (tomorrow) and I'll make every effort to get the most recent version to Mr. Miller on the day before delivery. So the delivered snapshot will most likely be in the Tuesday - Thursday range.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
2,700 signatures now - it's going up - please sign if you haven't already...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Mr. Miller is in DC right now. We're at 3,080.

That's brilliant that we got over 3,000. Thanks for the updates and info, Freds, it's very helpful and encouraging to be kept abreast of things.

dannybex

I wonder if it might actually be approved. Very interesting that the stock price went up 21% today -- and the amount of trades went way up.

???

Nico

I wonder how many signatures will be required to give the FDA a much needed wake up call? Another nail biter, waiting...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I wonder how many signatures will be required to give the FDA a much needed wake up call? Another nail biter, waiting...
Yep, the waiting's killing me!

I'll feel better if I put a diving helmet on. :ninja: