• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inosine.

Ema

I thought I would add Inosine to my supplement regime due to low uric acid levels.

Is this still the recommendation for the dosing?

CFIDS doctor Paul Cheney MD recommends the following dosing and frequency of isoprinosine for Th1/Th2 dysregulation:

Month 1:
Week One, take 6 tablets a day, Monday through Friday, and none on the weekend.
Week Two, take 2 tablets a day, Monday through Friday, and none on the weekend.
Week Three, repeat Week One.
Week Four, repeate Week two.

Month 2: Repeat Month 1.
Month 3: Take the month off - do not take any isoprinosine during the third month.
Month 4: Repeat Month 1.
Month 5: Repeat Month 1.
Month 6: Take the month off.

It says later that the dosing for inosine and isoprinosine are the same. Is that correct?

Six tablets seems like a lot based on another thread I saw where people were not able to even take a whole tablet.

I also don't really understand the differences between inosine and isoprinosine except that inosine is a lot easier to get. Does it work as well?

Are there any issues with taking two immunomodulators together (ie Nexavir and inosine)?

Thanks, Ema

Mij

A friend of mine who is a patient of Dr. Chia told me that he is recommending x2 caps 3 times a day of Inosine.

I only got up to 3x/day and discontinued for one month. The immunological symptoms have subsided since starting last August but last month Inosine was giving me an increase of irritated energy, I felt hyper and irritated all the time. Since stopping I feel calmer and back to base. I think 6 caps/day would be way too much for me personally.

Sparrow

Good question. I had wondered the other day whether the whole "pulsing" thing was still the recommended method of dosing or if there have been advances since then.

Anyone know what Dr. Klimas's clinic is recommending for their Imunovir patients?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have seen a number of dosing stratagies for immunovir. At the moment im using 3 tabs twice a day on mon/wed/fri and 1 tab twice a day on tues/thurs, none on weekends.
The other way i used them was 1 tab a day for 1 week. Then 1 tab twice a day for 1 week, then 2 tabs twice a day for 2 weeks then 3 tabs twice a day for 4 weeks. none on week ends and then 4 weeks off.
There was a study i posted in another thread that showed immunovir kept immune function higher a couple of months after stopping it. From memory the just used the same dose 3 grams for 2 months, then took time off??

cheers!!

Seven7

Seven
OMG I hope u don't start on 6 pills!!! U WILL CRASH SO BAD.
Dr Klimas week 2 and 4: 3 pills instead of 2 and the month break is every 6 months.

But the start up is half a pill 3 days, one pill 3 days, 2 pills 3days, 3 pills 3 day.
then you start week1, Weekend off....... Week2, weekend off.....

If u at any moment do not tolerate or have side effects stay in dose or go lower and stay there until no effects.

In my case the have me on week 1 and 3: 3 pills, and week 2,4: 4 pills. Because I got too acidic where my tears, vaginal discharge and bowels burned me like acid.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
OMG I hope u don't start on 6 pills!!! U WILL CRASH SO BAD.
Dr Klimas week 2 and 4: 3 pills instead of 2 and the month break is every 6 months.

But the start up is half a pill 3 days, one pill 3 days, 2 pills 3days, 3 pills 3 day.
then you start week1, Weekend off....... Week2, weekend off.....

If u at any moment do not tolerate or have side effects stay in dose or go lower and stay there until no effects.

In my case the have me on week 1 and 3: 3 pills, and week 2,4: 4 pills. Because I got too acidic where my tears, vaginal discharge and bowels burned me like acid.

This is my second 2 month block on immunovir, so i didnt think starting on 6 tabs a day would be an issue since i have been on it previously. This is only week one and i havent had any ill affects. The first time i used immunovir i had a die off reaction but not this time. Im guessing the initial die off is because the immune system starts up but the study i mentioned in my last post says that immune function stays high several months after finishing immunovir. So i dont think its as big of a problem when one has already done the immunovir previously. so far so good.