• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anabol Dibencoplex vs Source Natural Adb12

dbkita

What are people's preferences between the two brands listed in the title?

I have been experiencing some benefits now using 1/4 tablet of the Source Naturals per day.
However, placing it under the upper lip seems to be damaging / stripping enamel from the upper
teeth at the gumline.

I have heard some people like the Anabol brand but other complain the powder does not dissolve well when placed along the lower gums.

Any input is welcome ...

arx

Some members and even Fred have posted about Anabol. Use the search option and search for anabol, you'll find threads where it is mentioned. As far as I remember, Anabol Dibencoplex is now the recommended brand by Fred.

About the enamel damage, many and even me personally have experienced this effect from sublinguals. It might be because of the added citric acid or any other ingredient. Either way, the effects were gone after using the sublingual for a month and it helps to rinse with water or a mixture of water and baking soda after the sublingual is finished inside the mouth. This helps reducing the acidic levels which might be damaging the enamel, thus causing sensitivity,swelling and pain.

jeffrez

I don't think the Anabol Naturals is intended to be sublingual. Maybe try under the tongue if under the gums isn't working. Otherwise, try putting it in some liquid and just drinking it, seems to be effective for me that way.

Lotus97

I haven't tried the anabol naturals, but I've tried other powders between my lower teeth and gum and it seems like whether or not it dissolves would be based on how much saliva you have. I have problems with dry mouth and to increase my saliva I sometimes suck on xylitol mints because xylitol increases saliva (it's also good for your teeth). The brand I use is Xclear. Although they're called mints, they actually come in 4 different flavors.

Some people have digestive problems with xylitol though so another option could be to use a dropper from a liquid extract bottle to place a few drops on the powder if it doesn't seem to be dissolving after a certain amount of time. Or just close your eyes and imagine eating a lemon and your saliva glands will kick into gear.

Another option although undesirable to most would to be to snort some powder with a drinking straw or other sanitary object (not money:aghhh:).

arx

I don't think the Anabol Naturals is intended to be sublingual. Maybe try under the tongue if under the gums isn't working. Otherwise, try putting it in some liquid and just drinking it, seems to be effective for me that way.

The capsule powder can be put between the gum and cheek, allowing for absorption through the sublingual route?

Lotus97

Fredd says it takes a long time to absorb, but isn't that a good thing?
I have recently been using the Anabol Dibecoplex adb12. It also includes Boron which is an essential trace element in it's utilization in the body. I empty a quater of a cap onto a spoon and then drop it along my lower lip and gums aqnd it takes 2-3 hours to absorrb. I do that 4 times ne day a week and that maitains me in equilibrium becasue the turnover ofrate is slow. This recent paper may point the wqay for inflammation control being more effective if taken in smakller doses daily.. I was doing the one larger dose a week to get it inth the CSF/CNS. My daughter found every day to be essential. Others have found that too so we were wondering what could account for that.

http://www.iherb.com/Anabol-Naturals-Dibencoplex-10-000-30-Capsules/9849

arx

It does seem like a good thing. Maybe trying it out and comparing with source naturals/country life(mind you this has folic acid) will give a better view, as each person differs in effects..

Lotus97

Are sublinguals absorbed better between the gums and teeth rather than under the tongue? Before I started reading these forums it never even occurred to me to try something other than putting them under my tongue. I also never had any problems with sensitive teeth while doing the under the tongue method.

dbkita

Thank you for the posts. Yes I have read Freddd's recommendations.

I am interested in responses from others who have tried the brands in question and what their experiences were, i.e.
if they prefer the Anabol what is the equivalent dose and how do they take it, etc.

Placing it along the lower gum line is an option but at least for the Source Naturals the benefits are then not as strong for me suggesting lower absorption which is to be expected. If the Anabol is taken directly orally, would not most of it be destroyed in the gut?

I know from personal experience there is a huge difference taking the methyl b12 sublinguals above the upper teeth as opposed to on the lower gumline.

Lotus97

So as far as sublingual goes from best to worst it's 1. Upper lip/gum 2. Lower lip/gum 3. under tongue? There's a thread about an alternative method of taking sublinguals which promises to be very effective:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-b12-fast-efficiently-under-the-tongue.20973/
However, I had another idea. What if you made some sort of paste with the powder and a tiny bit of denture adhesive and spread it on your upper gum? This would allow it to be slowly absorbed for the entire day.

dbkita

So as far as sublingual goes from best to worst it's 1. Upper lip/gum 2. Lower lip/gum 3. under tongue? There's a thread about an alternative method of taking sublinguals which promises to be very effective:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/sublingual-massage-—-absorbing-b12-fast-efficiently-under-the-tongue.20973/
However, I had another idea. What if you made some sort of paste with the powder and a tiny bit of denture adhesive and spread it on your upper gum? This would allow it to be slowly absorbed for the entire day.

I might give the massage idea a try. Thanks Lotus97 :)

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
What if you made some sort of paste with the powder and a tiny bit of denture adhesive and spread it on your upper gum? This would allow it to be slowly absorbed for the entire day.
I would be afraid that some/a lot of the B12 would stay in the denture adhesive and not be absorbed.

jeffrez

The Dibencoplex absorbs fine from the stomach. The label even says to take it with food.

I have tried both the source naturals AD-b12 and Dibencoplex. The Source Naturals appears to dissolve better and still last for quite some time. But the Dibencoplex, for me, does not dissolve at all. I tried it again this morning, between lip and gum, 3hours later it's still there!

jeffrez

Hmm ok. I was not aware that was possible. Intestinal absorption of any form of B12 is ~1%.

The boron helps it absorb. My blood levels of b12 were near zero from being on prilosec, and I still had reactions from 1/4 or less of a capsule of Dibencoplex. It absorbs from the stomach fine.

jeffrez

I have tried both the source naturals AD-b12 and Dibencoplex. The Source Naturals appears to dissolve better and still last for quite some time. But the Dibencoplex, for me, does not dissolve at all. I tried it again this morning, between lip and gum, 3hours later it's still there!

Right, because it's not designed to be taken sublingually.

jeffrez

Hmm ok. I was not aware that was possible. Intestinal absorption of any form of B12 is ~1%.

Absorption of B12 is ~1% or less if you have no intrinsic factor. Most people have intrinsic factor and absorb B12. If we didn't, no one would be getting any B12 and we'd all be running around with anemia.

Lotus97

Absorption of B12 is ~1% or less if you have no intrinsic factor. Most people have intrinsic factor and absorb B12. If we didn't, no one would be getting any B12 and we'd all be running around with anemia.
I don't quite understand about intrinsic factor, but this discussion reminded me of something I was wondering about. Perque's B12 sublingual is supposed to be very effective, but it dissolves very quickly which I thought was bad for sublinguals. Could this have something to do with intrinsic factor and gut absorption?