• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. DeMeirleir speaking Jan 28/13

Daffodil

this 4:00 pm PST presentation will not be broadcast live due to the fact that Dr. DeMeirleir will be speaking about his paper that has not yet been published.

we will have to rely on the reporting of someone who is there....

snowathlete

This was today's talk at Reno, right?

Apparently it was recorded but won't be available till the paper is published.
I expect that anyone there is under orders not to speak of it, which although frustrating, would be understandable.

perrier

i thought it was happening today at 4 pm?
If KDM is giving a talk in an auditorium, it is a public place. Information should flow out of the place. Perhaps a journalist will be there. If it's a private closed talk by invitation only, that's another matter. But it has not been advertised as this.

I trust folks will be posting here whatever they come across on twitter, etc.

snowathlete

If KDM is giving a talk in an auditorium, it is a public place. Information should flow out of the place. Perhaps a journalist will be there. If it's a private closed talk by invitation only, that's another matter. But it has not been advertised as this.

I trust folks will be posting here whatever they come across on twitter, etc.

I Hope to hear something then. I know he considers the discovery to be significant.

Kati

Patient in training
Embargoed information is embargoed.
We as patients should be able to respect that until the paper is published.

What is at stakes here is the ability of the author to publish and to respect his contract with the publishing paper.

My 2 cents.

perrier

I Hope to hear something then. I know he considers the discovery to be significant.
KDM has already told some of his patients bits and pieces of his core thesis. Of course, treatment is another issue.

The paper will likely have lots of details. Perhaps questions will be allowed from those present. But we should hear something. Generally, at open conferences the speaker gives good chunks of information, then the published paper offers details, statistics, proofs, elaborations, etc.

Daffodil

i hope the paper talks about potential treatments but i just dont think it will. the discovery is significant but i dont know how it will translate into treatment or when :-/

it was an open presentation but people were probably asked not to say anything.

tom kindlon is in ireland and didnt go ...he often tweets about this kind of thing

Daffodil

So the talk is called "From CFS to autoimmunity". I guess we can now consider ourselves afflicted with an autoimmune disorder. this is the way other research groups are leaning towards, as well.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
So the talk is called "From CFS to autoimmunity". I guess we can now consider ourselves afflicted with an autoimmune disorder. this is the way other research groups are leaning towards, as well.

Slight correction to the title: ME/CFS From Infectious Disease to Autoimmune Disorder

Sushi

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
From Facebook:

Whittemore Peterson Institute
It was very in depth. There were parts that hadn't been published yet. The lecture will be posted on our website.www.wpinstitute.org

From Twitter:
brandbar_divider.gif
brandbar_divider.gif
brandbar_divider.gif
Sign in
brandbar_divider.gif
WPInstitute@WPInstitute
If you were not able to attend a summary of the lecture will be posted here.