• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kratum and Nerve Pain

Xandoff

Michael
Has anybody here with nerve pain ever try Kratum. It is supposed to act like an opiate, but work better for nerve pain. It is also addictive like opiates, as I understand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosa

If anyone has taken it and knows how it works for nerve pain, please post here.

Thanks for posting, I know nothing of Kratum except what I read on wikipedia. I do not understand why there is not a PAIN FORUM on PR? I mean isn't pain one of the KEY components of this illness. Does anyone with this illness not experience pain? Just my humble question and OPINE from a PR member who lives with pain.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Thanks for posting, I know nothing of Kratum except what I read on wikipedia. I do not understand why there is not a PAIN FORUM on PR? I mean isn't pain one of the KEY components of this illness. Does anyone with this illness not experience pain? Just my humble question and OPINE from a PR member who lives with pain.

Hmmm. Is Cort here? Could we get a separate category under pain, pain treatments etc.?

Xandoff

Michael
Hmmm. Is Cort here? Could we get a separate category under pain, pain treatments etc.?

Cort is no longer at PR. I have asked for a category under pain but to no avail. I will ask it one more time. Who with this illness does not deal with pain? God Bless those who have no pain for the illness is horrible. We NEED more information from members on how THEY cope with pain and how they treat it.​

Cort is no longer at PR. I have asked for a category under pain but to no avail. I will ask it one more time. Who with this illness does not deal with pain? God Bless those who have no pain for the illness is horrible. We NEED more information from members on how THEY cope with pain and how they treat it.​
I have bad nerve pain. I would love to see a pain forum! I'd give anything to have good input on whats working for people.

Xandoff

Michael
I hate to be a broken record but.......How can Phoenix Rising represent the problems of this illness without a Pain forum? As Spock would say....it does not compute. It would be like having a Nascar Website with no cars. I don't understand. The forum list needs to be culled and a Pain forum should be added. Just my Humble opine.

liquid sky

I agree with you, Xandoff. Pain is a very serious and debilitating part of this illness. A pain forum would be most helpful.

liquid sky

"Has anybody here with nerve pain ever try Kratum. It is supposed to act like an opiate, but work better for nerve pain. It is also addictive like opiates, as I understand. "

I had never heard of Kratum until now. It does sound interesting.