• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Candida doctor

Can anyone please recommend a doctor who knows how to treat candida in the central Florida area? My daughter has it bad for a year now. We are at our wits end. She also has CFS.
Thanks

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Can anyone please recommend a doctor who knows how to treat candida in the central Florida area? My daughter has it bad for a year now. We are at our wits end. She also has CFS.
Thanks

Hi,

There are many books available (try google for the latest) and in my experience these are just as good as a doctor. I have worked on candida for many years--both with and without the support of a doctor. The reason to see a doctor would be if you you want to try a prescription like diflucan or nystatin. Any doctor can prescribe these though most won't know the length of time you need to take them.

Is there a "holistic" doctor in your area? Since this type of doctor would generally be interested in candida, you might find help there if you want a prescription.

Best wishes,
Sushi