• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glutathione Suppositories

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I have been taking some of the supplements from the Pall Protocol mentioned here: http://chronicfatigue.about.com/gi/...t=1&bts=1&zu=http://sprident.com/martin-pall/

To my surprise, it has been working to give me more energy. The pain is still there, however. Next month, I am going to buy the supplements for RIch Vank....'s Simplified Methylation Protocol and add the missing supplements recommended by Professor Pall in his protocol. The two protocols seem to overlap each other anyway with the Pall Protocol having a few more supplements.

I am wondering if I would feel even better if I got some Glutathione Suppositories since the pills don't work. I am going to buy some SAM-e and NAC (glutathione precursors). But, I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with Glutathione Suppositories? Did you find a brand that worked? If so, would you let me know. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

PS I went without my Valcyclovir in December because I bought X-Mas presents with the money. The involuntary muscle twitching was once again worse than ever. I started taking it again, and no more twitching. I still believe that whatever is going on with me started with herpes viruses. Now I just need to figure out what herpes viruses have to do with the methylation cycle and antioxidants???

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Here is the connection from Rich Vank.... below. I like this new site. It is easy to find things. I think I am going to get the suppositories and keep doing the two protocols (methylation and Pall) and see if it will cut down on my twitching. That will sort of prove the hypothesis, won't it?

"In herpes simplex type 1 viral infection, raising the glutathione concentration inhibits viral replication by blocking the formation of disulfide bonds in glycoprotein B (111). Since glycoprotein B appears to be present in all herpes virus types (113), it is likely that glutathione depletion is responsible for reactivation of Epstein-Barr virus, cytomegalovirus and HHV-6 in CFS."

I`ve heard of GSH suppositories but never heard of a reputable company making them. I do take a GSH ( glutathione) precursors though. Not the one made from whey though, that one messed me up. The one I take is a patented mixture of D-Ribose and L-Cysteine. Very expensive stuff but a bottle last me close to a year. ( I only take half a cap per day every three days or so) due to my sensitivities. But, I started a grain at a time...

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Lee Silsby Pharmacy in Ohio makes a great transdermal glutathione. They sell to autistic children, so their products are pretty clean and effective. They also have a glutathione nasal spray.

Hip

You can use glutathione powder to make up a suppository, but since glutathione is an acidic powder, it will strongly irritate the rectal mucosa, unless you buffer and neutralize its acidity using some sodium bicarbonate powder.

I did this once, and it worked as a suppository, but I cannot now remember the correct ratio of glutathione powder to sodium bicarbonate powder. (To find this ratio, you add some glutathione to water, then add bicarbonate until the pH reaches exactly 7, as measured with some pH strips).

The cheapest sources of glutathione powder (reduced glutathione; aka: glutathione tri-peptide) I have found are Jo Mar Labs, and PureBulk.

I find that just rubbing some of this glutathione powder on my skin (such as across the skin on top of my legs in the thigh area), and then dampening the skin with a few drops water to help the glutathione to absorb into the skin, is quite an effective way to assimilate glutathione.

Lee Silsby Pharmacy in Ohio makes a great transdermal glutathione. They sell to autistic children, so their products are pretty clean and effective. They also have a glutathione nasal spray.
I went to Lee Silsby's website but it seems you might have to be a professional in order to order the transdermal gsh? Or maybe I have to register first. I have to go out right now but will check it out later.

I just found these and thought I'd search on here to see if anyone ever tried them. They also do a 1500 mg dose. I was thinking they might be helpful for my IBD too, but having read about the pH issue now I'm no so sure. I'll email them and ask if they're buffered and report back. Buttered will be a bonus, @Ema :lol: