• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High load of free radicals and

Wondering if there is anyone else as seriously toxic.
MCS, multiple food and other allergies, inability to digest
and metabolize most compounds in foods (and environment),
even bowel movement induces rashes, feeling of being poisoned,
triggers faint like episode, tachycardia, and autonomic dysfunction
for about one hour post bowel movement.

There is a need to address the digestive system, but how?
The issue is the inability to metabolize most compounds
and allergies (throat, oedema, welts, rashes).
Unable to undergo dental treatment, zero meds,
and invasive diagnostic procedures, inc. contrast dye etc

Probiotics are out of the question, as are herbs. Most supps
cause various symptoms.

Compounds from some foods cause venous vasculitis, causing horrific pains in all deep veins in the body, from head to toe, some type of seizures (a few seconds) and other neurological issues (not CNS)

Few years ago, I was given an oxygen mask on the way to
hospital. I kept pushing away, complaining of worsening of
symptoms lasting for several months.

I tried Qi Gong, and more recently pranayama breathing.
Both made me very very ill. I read a few years ago, that
oxygen can and does oxidize causing more problems, which
probably caused exacerbations of all my symptoms.

The question is how to heal the digestive system? Unable to tolerate
kefir, probiotics, yogurts etc.. can only tolerate four veggies, lamb
and beef, rice, water. Rarely, can I tolerate green tea, black and white
tea, and tried jasmine, and Puerh Chinese tea.

Looking forward to brain storm on this topic.

Quirky:)

alex3619

Hi Quirky, I have no experience with these issues at this level of severity. However I know there are people here who have had similar experiences and some have improved a lot. I hope one or more of them can help you. Which veggies can you tolerate?

Qi Gong made me worse too, which was very disappointing.

Bye, Alex

Hi Alex:

Relieved that there are some people at that level of severity and improved!!

The only veggies I can tolerate at the mo are: celery, savoy cabbage, carrots (raw, not cooked), or boiled in water, but not eaten, baby courgettes (zuchini), tried okra (for glutathione, on/off reactions), brown rice, cherries on/off, watermelon but brings on shingles and mouth herpes (the citrulline in melon), raisins, apples, pears. No longer Kamut flour, yogurt and so on. Developed allergies to those recently, and cheese. SIGH.

Many thanks.:)

adreno

PR activist
Hi Quirky,

It sounds truly horrible. I do not know much about MCS, but have you looked into methylation? Methylation is needed for the detox pathways to function, to break down histamine and many other things.

Some testing might also be a good idea to shed some light on what is going on.

There is also the possibility that you have undiagnosed Mast Cell Activation Disorder.

Hi Quirky,

It sounds truly horrible. I do not know much about MCS, but have you looked into methylation? Methylation is needed for the detox pathways to function, to break down histamine and many other things.

Some testing might also be a good idea to shed some light on what is going on.

There is also the possibility that you have undiagnosed Mast Cell Activation Disorder.

Yes, I thought about this too. My GP refuses to test. In anycase, they treat with steroids which I would not take. I belong to a forum, and none improve, some worsen. The bottom line, is that, I feel, I need to address the digestive system, some repair is needed, before methylation etc.. I did a methylation protocol about ten years ago or so, helped for a few months, then worsened.

Aileen

Hi Alex:
No longer Kamut flour, yogurt and so on. Developed allergies to those recently, and cheese. SIGH.
Kamut is a form of wheat and contains gluten. It may be possible that you have a problem with gluten, either Celiac disease or the "lesser" gluten sensitivity. That could bring on a whole range of nasty symptoms and if you have been eating something that contained gluten even on an on/off basis that could keep things stirred up. It can take a long time on a gluten free diet to heal the damage and improvements to take place but I think that is somewhere I would definitely start.

I too have MCS and a whole host of food sensitivities (not the actual IgE mediated food allergies though) and also do not tolerate oxygen even though I have a serious carbon monoxide build up in my system. My diet has been severely restricted for years, but it has almost always contained something that contained gluten. I just very recently found out I have a problem with gluten (sensitivity most likely) and have been gluten free for about a month. I am hoping some improvements will come from this but I know it is going to take some time before I notice anything. Nothing apparent yet.

tyson oberle

Kamut is a form of wheat and contains gluten. It may be possible that you have a problem with gluten, either Celiac disease or the "lesser" gluten sensitivity. That could bring on a whole range of nasty symptoms and if you have been eating something that contained gluten even on an on/off basis that could keep things stirred up. It can take a long time on a gluten free diet to heal the damage and improvements to take place but I think that is somewhere I would definitely start.

I too have MCS and a whole host of food sensitivities (not the actual IgE mediated food allergies though) and also do not tolerate oxygen even though I have a serious carbon monoxide build up in my system. My diet has been severely restricted for years, but it has almost always contained something that contained gluten. I just very recently found out I have a problem with gluten (sensitivity most likely) and have been gluten free for about a month. I am hoping some improvements will come from this but I know it is going to take some time before I notice anything. Nothing apparent yet.

I was told by my CFS doc that according to my test results that if I completely eliminate gluten and soy that I would get better. He promised. Well I haven't had gluten in over 3 years and no soy also (except I tried tempeh twice) and I can honestly say I don't feel any better.