• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation Block without gluthathione depletion?

I recently had a Spectracell test and it showed that I had adequate levels of gluthathione (slightly above the minimum reference). I was deficient in Vitamin B3 and B6, folate, zinc, and coenzyme Q-10.

Is it still possible to have problems with my methylation cycle if I do not seem to have gluthathione depletion?

Thanks!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I recently had a Spectracell test and it showed that I had adequate levels of gluthathione (slightly above the minimum reference). I was deficient in Vitamin B3 and B6, folate, zinc, and coenzyme Q-10.

Is it still possible to have problems with my methylation cycle if I do not seem to have gluthathione depletion?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if Spectracell measures reduced glutathione or total glutathione--they are different and reduced is what we need.

Sushi

invisiblejungle

Koivy, if someone has low reduced glutathione and high oxidized glutathione, their total glutathione could look normal event though the person is having methylation issues. If Spectracell didn't specify, they probably tested for total glutathione. The reason why Rich VanK recommended the Vitamin Diagnostics methylation panel is because they test for reduced and oxidized glutathione.