• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Selling my Gupta Amygdala ReTraining Kit

leela

Hi All,

If you've been interested in trying the Gupta training, I have all materials in next-to-new condition.
There's no writing in the book, one page was removed but put back in place in perfect condition,
and I'll even leave the blue-tac on the wall poster if you like so it'll be ready to go.

US$100 including shipping if you're in the US. It retails for $199.75 so big savings if you've been considering trying it.

Feel free to post here or PM me if you've got questions.

Cheers,
~leela

Ian

you are selling it because it retrained your brain, and now you are magically cured ?

leela

I'm selling it because I very quickly discovered that I, in my own fashion, already practice these techniques.
Different style, same effect. I feel my illness is mitigated substantially by the ability to interrupt conditioned fear or other reactive patterns from symptoms/stimuli. I do have pretty severe MCS, and I also credit mindfulness techniques for being able to manage bad exposures without totally going into fight-or-flight mode. It doesn't cure anything, but it makes things a lot more manageable and easeful.

I could see it being very helpful for someone who tends to panicky reactions, despair, or freakouts when exposed/overextended/overwhelmed, and for learning to be more in touch with what is actually happening right *now* as opposed to getting caught in identification with, or fear of, the illness pattern.

It's definitely not a cure, but depending on your relationship with yourself and the illness, it could be a really helpful tool for making the whole show less horrible.

baccarat

They'll refund your money back if you return it to them. It did nothing for me but they were fair enough to keep their promise to refund the money if it didn't work. That's the only good thing I can say about it.

Jenny

Cort has some experience of this - he was using the techniques and did a regular blog on it a while ago.

Jenny

Jenny

Cort can answer for himself of course, but I seem to remember that he felt that some of the techniques were helpful for the 'wired' feeling. I don't think there's any evidence that people are cured as a result of this.

I do meditation and other relaxation techniques which sometimes make me feel more normal for a few hours. But it doesn't last.

Jenny

I posted in a similar but older thread - 2 yrs old. Leela, I may be interested. Are you up for a few questions?... Here's my same post...

Hi folks, I'm new here. I googled Ashok's work and landed here. I've watched his three hours of free intro videos and have been pondering purchasing the program at some point, finances allowing. A few questions if anyone might still be around to answer...

Trying to get more a picture of what the training is like compared to some other things I am familiar with like breath meditation, distraction and what sounds like distress tolerance skills. Someone mentioned re-directing. Can anyone who's done his program give an example of the "re-directing"?

Also, did Cort finish the whole treatment program? I had read a blog some time back that i thought was incomplete (?).

One other thing...I have tremendous trouble with breath meditation (the fatigue and very severe sleep deprivation make even minor concentration nearly impossible much of the time), I wonder if this program would work for me. Any feedback? thanks!

Thanks for any info,
Wendy

leela

Hi Wendy,

Well, I did not finish the programme, but I can answer some of your questions.
The "distraction and distress tolerance" portions, from what I saw, have to do with creating a visual
and body-based anchor for interrupting the stress response. There is a floor/wall chart to work with,
as well as some simple hand gestures and phrases that help to "place" you in a larger perspective than
the contracted one that usually steams in when caught in a reaction-pattern. It is very simple and easy to do,
but the combinatory effect of mentally, physically, and verbally reframing the situation is actually quite powerful.

Eventually one no longer needs the chart/gestures, etc; they serve as training tools to create a new, easily accessed awareness that is based in a perspective of realistic calm and recognition of what is presently going on, so that an informed response can occur to the circumstances, as opposed to an ingrained hyper-reactive one.

Hope that helps.

Ember

The Mayo Clinic apparently thinks it can help, leela.

Mayo Trial Concludes Amygdala Retraining Can Support Improvements for ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Patients
Analyses demonstrated statistically significant improvements in scores for:
Physical health,
Energy,
Pain,
Symptom distress,
And fatigue
...in patients who received the amygdala retraining compared with standard care.
According to Ashok Gupta, The standard care involved medical and pharmacological assessments, cognitive behavioral therapy, graded exercise, etc.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=16932

Note, however, the two comments:

"Over half of the study participants dropped out of the study and only 7 people who were in the 'treatment' group completed the study."

"The methods section of this study states 'Inclusion criteria were as follows a confirmed diagnosis of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and/or chronic fatigue syndrome; age 18 to 59 years; and access to a DVD player. No patients were excluded on any other basis.'"

Hi! Did you sell it? I'm interested if you didn't.

~Tracye

Hi All,

If you've been interested in trying the Gupta training, I have all materials in next-to-new condition.
There's no writing in the book, one page was removed but put back in place in perfect condition,
and I'll even leave the blue-tac on the wall poster if you like so it'll be ready to go.

US$100 including shipping if you're in the US. It retails for $199.75 so big savings if you've been considering trying it.

Feel free to post here or PM me if you've got questions.

Cheers,
~leela

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
how does on pm you?
Click on the person's icon. A box will pop up and one of the choices is "start a conversation." Click on this and a new screen will open. Conversations are the name this software uses for PMs.

Sushi