• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle weakness and endurance: Solved (i hope)

Lotus97

As I took the Active B' protocol, I progressivly lost strength and muscle endurance.

I took Magnisium, but it did not have a direct effect on it: However, I continued to take it as a part of my regimen.

With in 4 days of taking 2000 L carnitine, I have started to regain my strength (not where it was but making progress). I am taking equal doses of Fumerate and tartrate.

As I know others have had issues with this, I will update if anything changes.

Hi Place,

I've been trying to figure out the difference between L-Carnitine Fumarate and L-Carnitine Tartrate. I was curious why you are taking both. Thanks.

dbkita

Tartaric acid is not a good idea. It is big time antagonist of malic acid and high enough levels can disrupt the malate shuffle in cells, not a good thing. I think Freddd is right in that fumarate is probably the best best.

Acetyl-carnitine is the best a penetrating the brain but for some may have the highest tendency towards overstimulation effects. It also partially inhibits T3 action at the nuclear hormone receptors in the brain and CNS.

L-carnitine and L-carnitine fumarate are similar in their reduction of T3 action at the receptor sites but in the periphery (unless I suppose your blood brain barrier is defective).

People who take Cytomel or similar T3 medications (probably also Armour) should be cautious on their doses of carnitine. As Freddd rightly points out it is very important to function properly, but I would recommend shooting for physiological levels of carnitine based on ATP and methylation status (methionine production) and the ambient level of the amino acid lysine. Some people have the methionine but not the lysine or ATP. What that dose is for a person will have to be experimented with a look for the appropriate clinical results on an individual basis I would imagine.

place

Be Strong!
I took both to cover my bases. Sometimes, I don't have time to fully study properly. My occupation dominates most of my time these days ( which was not the case before) Dbkit sounds good.

dbkita

I took both to cover my bases. Sometimes, I don't have time to fully study properly. My occupation dominates most of my time these days ( which was not the case before) Dbkit sounds good.

Your occupation should dominate your time. That is a sign of excellent progress. God bless :)