• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK Conference: Keynote Speaker: Autoimmune Limbic Encephalopathies

Firestormm

This looks like it might be interesting. I suppose Wessely will be a focus on this thread, and it was indeed why the conference was highlighted elsewhere - but the other aspects of this conference are perhaps even more relevant. Would certainly be why I'd like to attend:

Broadening Horizons in Challenging Times
The Rougemont Hotel, Exeter
27 February -1 March 2013

Keynote Speaker
Autoimmune Limbic Encephalopathies- the science Dr. Angela Vincent

Autoimmune Limbic Encephalopathies- clinical presentation Dr. Belinda Lennox

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/CALCLiaisonFaculty 2013prog28Nov2012.pdf?forumid=331851

Firestormm

"Greetings.

In case anyone is clamouring to attend the annual conference of the faculty of liaison psychiatry, which sadly is normally a rather small., sedate but friendly affair, just to listen to me talking about chronic fatigue syndrome, I am afriad they will be disappointed. I thought that the bob Dylan allusion would have been sufficient to spot the topic, but it seems not. It’s about wind farms.

Oh, one more thing for the conspiracy theories. Have a look at the educational history of the general counsel for Wikipedia during the time when a small geoup of people wrote stuff and nonsense about me and then compare it with my cv, paying special attention to dates. Co incidence? Surely not?

Compliments of the season to all, and thanks also to those who seem to be able to tell the difference between what I have done, write and think compared to the untruths and distortions put out by a tiny number of people."

Simon Wessely

http://jdc325.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/mecfs-harassment-of-researchers/

Firestormm

barbc56

This looks like it might be interesting. I suppose Wessely will be a focus on this thread, and it was indeed why the conference was highlighted elsewhere - but the other aspects of this conference are perhaps even more relevant. Would certainly be why I'd like to attend:

Was the Bob Dylan reference a double entendre?

Barb C.:>)

Enid

Well he does not disappoint me and delighted to see his contribution is about wind farms. If you find science there please let us all know.

Keynote ? Here and many others will not follow.