• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

raw cannibis as anti-oxidant, anti-inflamatory, anti-cancer

Jarod

AFCFS: Funny video.:) I think one needs to try and keep an open mind while considering all the facts though. I'm not suggesting going out an smoking a joint for CFS. That probably would be about as smart as taking vicodin for liver pain. The original post was about juicing cannibis. Turns out one can heal cancer with oil.

Please notice the picture of the tincture bottle from the early 1900's (in post #40, first link) exemplifies my point. Cannibis was used to treat all kinds of conditions before it was cultivated for more psychoactive effects rather than health benefits. I'm just putting up some links and hoping to learn a bit more about it.

I have no doubt I would be spinning from trying the more potent stuff, but I believe the plant has been bred for very strong psyhoactive effects. From what little I know now, they are trying to produce better strains that have fewer or no psychoactive effects but are more medicinal in nature.

Hey CFS-Fibro, thanks for the vote.o_O Really enjoyed the first link, second one is a little dis-heartening.

We are all guinea pigs unfortunately, we have a serious life threatening illness with no cure. Best we can hope for is remission in my mind.

What about throwing a handfull of fresh cannibis in the blender or salad. Sounds easier.

On another note.....

I'm trying to get up to speed online first and hoping to find somebody else who is benifitting from something like CFS. I think his wife probably had something similar? Lupus?

I'm guessing this unheated plant has some powerful antibacterial properties and maybe antiviral properties?? That might be best for my situation where I want to treat the liver and GI tract etc...

I guess we are all ginea pigs and don't stand a chance if we can't understand our own bodies and gravitate to areas that might help us personally. I seriously doubt anybody would be in remission at all with out natural treatments or good intiution for what is helping or hurting..... Smoking a joint is not my answer, However, other forms of the plant with little psychoactive effects seems worth trying to figure out.

madietodd,

Yes in CA you can use and ingest any kind of marijuana preparation. Hash and Hash Oil - typically called "Honey Oil" - at the dispensaries are available for sale. I believe some may start selling Rick Simpson Oil marketed version of hash oil. And of course, you can grow your own if have the energy and ability and make your own. All kinds of do it yourself stuff on youtube, etc.

Jarod,

MJ is being bred for its medical benefits by medical growers. If you look at http://www.cannabisinternational.org/articles.php on Dr. Courtney's site, in one of the interviews he charts all the medical uses of the active compounds and THC is one the key medically useful compounds. There are many compounds/active ingredients and many are very poorly understood or studied at this time.

There are high CBD strains sold at places like Harborside in Oakland,CA right now. Pretty much in any serious medical club I'd bet. Go to youtube and google Harborside and watch the t.v. episodes from a year or two back. In a few of them they talk about the Harlequin strain as a high CBD strain one of the growers is growing.

arx

Come on guys, let's meet up and light up a joint.Others can take THC in some other form. CFS party. After the party we can publish a paper on it's effects.
We'll call it: A Stoned Analysis.

mellster

Marco
Hey Mellster,

That's interesting, but be difficult taking that much on a regular basis you think? Have you tried that again to see if you can repeat it?

I used to smoke cannibis. Looking back, I had some benefit from it and some harm. It might have calmed down the excitoxcity a bit, but also some things about it that made me worse.

What do you think of this juicing idea? Seems like it would take too much plant to me.....

Sorry for the late reply, I don't log on much anymore since my close to complete recovery (as close as it can get with this). I have not repeated this "experiment" because there was no need and let my medical cannabis license expire. I would suggest not to smoke it, but instead vaporize it or very carefully ingest it. That will keep your lungs clear. Cannabis is very interesting and complex as it does have some anti-cancer properties while it also slightly suppresses the immune system which seems like a paradox. Much more research is needed and it is really a shame the nonsensical drug laws have kept researchers from studying it closer, luckily that has been changing. I def think that cannabis has its merits for those CFS/FM patients who have an underlying overactive/imbalanced immune system, but I am not so sure for those that are immunocompromised and catch a lot of infections. I like juicing but don't have enough experience with it to claim any definitive benefits, but I think it is useful for those who have severe enough digestive issues so they cannot comfortably consume whole fruits and extract their nutrients. But if you can I would prefer eating the whole fruit as a lot of the nutrients are often in the skin, just make sure they are organic and not sprayed. cheers

For those interested and independently wealthy, Dixie Elixers has a hemp (rope, no THC) based sister company now selling hemp oil (NOT hash oil) based products by web to US based only right now. Hemp can be ingested legally in the U.S., even though it cannot be grown legally according to Fed govt. Here's the FAQ page from their website:

http://dixiex.com/index.php/faq

Or if you're more practical price minded, go to Vitacost.com and order yourself some hemp protien and hemp oil in large bottles for far less money. That's what I do. And no, I'm not healed from Hemp protein or oil but it probably helps some.

Jarod

CFS-FIBRO-LYME and InvertedTree. Thanks for the tip on dixie exlixirs. Found a review on it. Sounds like there may be something to those drops. They are pricey, but apparently concentrated.

Dixie Elixirs has a new product derived from cannabidiol (CBD) called Dew Drops. This revolutionary new tincture will not get you “high” and has some amazing pain reliving properties. CBD’s are proven antioxidants that reduce anxiety, inflammation, nausea and spasms. Dew Drops is a new medical marijuana extraction perfected by Dixie’s team of scientists bring you all the benefits of CBD with none of the psychedelic effects of THC.
Dixie Elixirs hit it out of the park with this tincture. One dose with the dropper will take care of most aches and pains. One and a half dropper will take care of the worst migraines and some of the more severe joint and chronic pains. Three or more will all but put you to sleep

LINK

Doesn't get you high...

Maybe no munchies....?

popcorn cat.gif

mellster

Marco
For those interested and independently wealthy, Dixie Elixers has a hemp (rope, no THC) based sister company now selling hemp oil (NOT hash oil) based products by web to US based only right now. Hemp can be ingested legally in the U.S., even though it cannot be grown legally according to Fed govt. Here's the FAQ page from their website:

http://dixiex.com/index.php/faq

Or if you're more practical price minded, go to Vitacost.com and order yourself some hemp protien and hemp oil in large bottles for far less money. That's what I do. And no, I'm not healed from Hemp protein or oil but it probably helps some.
Thanks - I ordered the drops without being independently wealthy yet ;) Looks like they have interesting products, the capsules with the turmeric plus concentrated hemp oil look great, too.

mellster

Marco
I thought the hemp oil was missing all of the active ingredients that support healing???
I haven't done enough research on this, but from a supplemental standpoint it is excellent, combining qualities of many other supplements in one. I don't think though that you will get any fast and significant pain-relieving or immune-calming effect from it as the THC is missing.

Jarod

Hi madietodd and all.

It's kind of a terminology thing....But you are right that not all of it has the same ingredients.

There are some dixie elixir drops you can order HERE that have no THC but do have benefits of CBD's. That dixie product has information in the last few posts.

There are at least three main chemicals in cannibis. THC, CBD, CBN. They all change when heated. THC is the one that produces psychoactive effects when heated.

I read somewhere that maybe in Early 2013 the dixie drops will be availble for delivery outside the USA...not sure though.

maddietod

I'm looking for something to help me stay asleep. I've emailed them to get some help figuring out what the dosing range would be for that purpose, and what dose is in a full dropper. I don't have pain issues. Do you think there are other benefits?

Jarod

I'm pretty tuned in to my body and will know within a couple weeks if it helps or not.

My sleep could use improvement also.

Cannibis can have antibacterial properties and I'm wondering if my infections may respond to the CBD drops at all.

My dog one has cancer, other dog has epilepsy, and my girlfriend has migranes too. So we are all going to try it out.:)

Jarod.

maddietod

Jarod, I'm very interested in what you figure out about dosage and benefits, and how long a bottle lasts.

I read last night that a smaller dose is stimulating, and a dose in the "hundreds of mgs" is sedative.

GhostGum

Hey cool looking product but I can not help wonder how much or little CBD's are in it? Would be very cool indeed if purely CBD products started coming out combined with the nutritional elements of hemp seed, but I can help but think this is just a seed oil with traces of the CBD in it that is found in hemp. Can not see on their site where they stipulate anything about this and their "about dixie X" could not be any more vague.

maddietod

Here's part of the reply I got from the company. Of course they couldn't answer my question about dosage for sleep......they're selling it as a supplement, not as a treatment.

"Here are my favorite research web sites:
Project CBD
www.projectcbd.com

US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines www.cannabis-med.org

International Cannabinoid Research Society www.cannabinoidsociety.org

We perceive there are:
2oz/500mg = 80 droppers with roughly 6.25mg cbd/dropper"

So if I understood the sleep reference correctly (from the online article I read), I would need most of a bottle for help with sleep.

Jarod

So if I understood the sleep reference correctly (from the online article I read), I would need most of a bottle for help with sleep.

Wish I didn't have to be the messenger on this, but the truth needs to be told.

The feds are cracking down on all the independent dispensaries that have pioneered the use as cannibis as a medicine.

At the same time publically traded companies are being started to produce cannibis for mass consumption.

I'm assuming they want to monoplize the profit, and insure we get a practially useless final product.

Most likely one will need a yard, energy, and a working brain to make effective medicine.