• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SED Rate - Relevance

PhoenixBurger

Apologies to everyone as this post is very custom to me, not necessarily CFS/ME and Sed Rate in general.

I am still in the process of trying to figure out whats going wrong with me.

One test result I have noticed is significantly different from before all of this began, is my SED rate. I would normally hover mid -range, but now my SED rate is showing "1" ..... and "2" a couple months later. The mayo clinic states that the proper range for men is 0 - 22.

Interestingly, high SED rate is associated with high immune system inflammation. This means that my problem is the very opposite. Is it reasonable to deduce that a SED rate so low might be seen in a person who has an underactive immune system?

This would explain a lot of my other problems ...

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Apologies to everyone as this post is very custom to me, not necessarily CFS/ME and Sed Rate in general.

I am still in the process of trying to figure out whats going wrong with me.

One test result I have noticed is significantly different from before all of this began, is my SED rate. I would normally hover mid -range, but now my SED rate is showing "1" ..... and "2" a couple months later. The mayo clinic states that the proper range for men is 0 - 22.

Interestingly, high SED rate is associated with high immune system inflammation. This means that my problem is the very opposite. Is it reasonable to deduce that a SED rate so low might be seen in a person who has an underactive immune system?

This would explain a lot of my other problems ...

Another thing associated with low SED rate is hypercoagulation.

Sushi

PhoenixBurger

Okay so hypercoagulation is associated with low SED rate and CFS/ME is associated with hypercoagulation.

And this all started for me when I took toxic medications that are known to cause blood disorders and anemia. However my CBC's have been only mildly off in regards to Red and White blood cells. Its my SED rate that took a dive.

Is there any logical thought process here that might lead me to looking into treating hypercoagulation ?