• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VOTES: Helping other groups that may help us

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Wondering how folks feel about clicking to help other organizations in contests that we are not in competition with, and in turn perhaps get their votes ? Not just for the current deal, but ongoing ?

I'll start and see what happens. As you find others that you support and need help and may reciprocate, post them on this thread.

A friend is in the animal rescue business and is a few points off from first place in the Animal Rescue site. ( no need to go on facebook or to Register !! fast and easy : )
Vote for a Shelter @ The Animal Rescue Site
type in the Shelter name box : PURR
and type in the State box : WV
hit search it comes up and vote !
you can vote 1x a day. Contest runs through 12/16.
I will pass on your potential generosity to that group and ask them if they will reciprocate w/ the aviva contest . Can only help , right ?
Cheers !

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Wondering how folks feel about clicking to help other organizations in contests that we are not in competition with, and in turn perhaps get their votes ? Not just for the current deal, but ongoing ?

I'll start and see what happens. As you find others that you support and need help and may reciprocate, post them on this thread.

A friend is in the animal rescue business and is a few points off from first place in the Animal Rescue site. ( no need to go on facebook)
Vote for a Shelter @ The Animal Rescue Site
Shelter name : PURR State: WV
put those in the appropriate blanks hit search it comes up and vote !
you can vote 1x a day. Contest runs through 12/16.
I will pass on your potential generosity to that group and ask them if they will reciprocate w/ the aviva contest . Can only help , right ?
Cheers !
Hi beaker - I just voted for them.

Just to clarify (for non-US people!) you put 'PURR' in the 'Shelter Name' box and 'WV' in the 'State' box (I thought the name of the thing was, weirdly, 'PURR State: WV'!).

You don't have to register - you just click on 'vote' and fill in one of those Captcha things with distorted letters to prove you're not a robot.

Thanks for setting this up, beaker!

Just off to do my Aviva vote now.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Thanks Sasha !
I edited my posted to clarify a bit. -- appreciate your feedback.
I think the more we band together with others, the better ! Wish I had thought of it sooner.
More opportunities to come -- I hope !

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks Sasha !
I edited my posted to clarify a bit. -- appreciate your feedback.
I think the more we band together with others, the better ! Wish I had thought of it sooner.
More opportunities to come -- I hope !

Thanks, beaker - I would also add in that bit about not having to register, since that's a real drag for many people. I use a special junk email account for all this online voting stuff which involves logging out of my regular account, logging into that one, logging back out again, logging into the old one...

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Thanks, beaker - I would also add in that bit about not having to register, since that's a real drag for many people. I use a special junk email account for all this online voting stuff which involves logging out of my regular account, logging into that one, logging back out again, logging into the old one...

I do the same thing !!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I am going to vote for them whenever the darn page loads. Be sure to tell them that we have only two days left. They have to do their part SOON. I will continue to vote for them until the end of their contest.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Voted, page is slow!

GG

thanks for voting ! and for waiting for the page.
I haven't had trouble with the site. maybe the time of day ? or your service provider ?
Hope it speeds up tomorrow .

I have heard from some members who have voted for us. : )
I hope we get a bit of a surge. Next time there is one of these I will try to find a partner like this earlier on.

Nielk

thanks for voting ! and for waiting for the page.
I haven't had trouble with the site. maybe the time of day ? or your service provider ?
Hope it speeds up tomorrow .

I have heard from some members who have voted for us. : )
I hope we get a bit of a surge. Next time there is one of these I will try to find a partner like this earlier on.

Thanks for doing this, Beaker.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Thanks for all who participated . I have no way of knowing how many vote we got from the group , but I do know we got some : ) It was posted all so late in the game.
Next time, perhaps we can make arrangements for partnering up early on.
That said.....

This group is still fighting back and forth for 1st place in the US division of their contest. The voting continues through the 16th. Let's show our gratitude and forge future good will by continuing to show support , and voting for their cause.
Thank you .

Sasha

Fine, thank you

K2 for Hope

ALways Hoping
Shoot, I voted and closed the share with FB friends... I have several that would have voted for that.

I will try to share it, but it may be too late... :eek:

OK, I posted the link on FB. Hope that helps. Thanks for the link....

adin

The old guy now
voted. I'd recommend trying to partner with a no-kill shelter in the Miami, FL area...I've heard that it has one of the top 5 kill rates in the entire US.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I'm just ready to go vote. That site is really slow to load on dial-up, so I have been opening a bunch of threads here to read while it is loading. For some reason this site has been unusually slow, too.