• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFIDS: Top Prize Registries for All Diseases

taniaaust1

It appears to be they won far more then $25,000 or maybe they did win $25,000.. the article is written so confusingly.. here's a couple of quotes from the link.

Bridgewater, NJ — (December 12, 2012) – Sanofi US announced today that Registries for All Diseases has been selected as the winner of the Collaborate Activate Innovation Challenge.

Registries for All Diseases will receive an award of $300,000 to create a comprehensive, crowdsourced, cross-disease registry to help accelerate translational research for over 1,000 diseases. The team consists of partnering organizations Genetic Alliance, CFIDS Association of America, National Psoriasis Foundation, and the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Registry for All Diseases was one of four teams selected to partake in the final phase of Collaborate Activate. Each of the finalists received a $25,000 award and mentorship from Sanofi team members and healthcare experts, drawing on the mentors’ insight to refine their solutions before presenting to the judges.

Firestormm

Top Prize in Sanofi's Collaborate | Activate Challenge: We're thrilled to share the announcement from Sanofi US that Registries for All Diseases has been selected as the winner of the Collaborate Activate Innovation Challenge. Registries for All Diseases received a $300,000 award to create a comprehensive, crowdsourced, cross-disease registry to help accelerate translational research for over 1,000 diseases. The team consists of partnering organizations Genetic Alliance, CFIDS Association of America, National Psoriasis Foundation, and the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Read more about the project and contest at http://bit.ly/top-prize-c-a.

From Kim:

Sanofi has awarded the team “Registries for All Diseases” $300,000 to create a comprehensive, crowdsourced, cross-disease registry to help accelerate translational research for over 1,000 diseases. The team consists of partnering organizations Genetic Alliance, CFIDS Association of America, National Psoriasis Foundation, and the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation. This is tremendous news for our SolveCFS BioBank, one of the member biobanks in the Genetic Alliance Registry and BioBank cooperative that is at the core of the Registries for All Diseases winning project. Hope that helps describe the winning project!

Well I said I found it hard to understand! :)

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Where is a happy dance smiley when you need one!

This sounds good.
In addition to the cash prize, the team will be given access to other non-financial resources, including Sanofi staff, data and partner networks. Read more about the winning project at http://bit.ly/c-a-winner.

This too.
The second place winner, “21st Century Brain Trust” will develop a mobile app for cognition that could be helpful to people with CFS and research on neurocognitive states.
The runner-up in the Collaborate Activate Innovation Challenge is 21st Century Brain Trust, a self-administered, clinical-grade cognitive testing app to detect asymptomatic Alzheimer’s disease. In addition to anticipating the onset of Alzheimer’s, one of the team’s larger goals is to support a dialogue based on brain health rather than brain disease, empowering people to take control of their cognitive well-being.
YES! Our health-care systems needs to be more about health, then it could be less about disease.

And there's more (emphasis mine).
Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme.
But you can't have everything.
The CFIDS Association was part of a second team that was one of four finalists in the competition, “Partnering to End Pain.
$25,000 isn't anything to sniff at, though. I wonder if this group could make use of the Registries for All Diseases.

I see that the Genetic Alliance CEO, the Sanofi CEO, the Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation executive director, and the CFIDS Association of America scientific director are all women. That would be, respectively, Sharon Terry, Anne Whitaker, Ginny Mason, and Suzanne Vernon, PhD. No wonder good things are happening! {Now I really need that smiley wall to hide behind.}