• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immunovir, of interest to aussies

GhostGum

I think half the time custom officers do not know what the hell they are doing, unless something is a really obvious well known banned substance/supplement on the banned list they probably do not spend the time to check it out properly. Just goes to show how inefficient systems like this can be, they need you and I checking the packages :D

vli

heapsreal,

Keep us posted. I'm going through a completely stagnant period with Ampligen right now and am extremely discouraged. Would love to hear about your experience.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I think half the time custom officers do not know what the hell they are doing, unless something is a really obvious well known banned substance/supplement on the banned list they probably do not spend the time to check it out properly. Just goes to show how inefficient systems like this can be, they need you and I checking the packages :D
I had a script up my sleeve incase they were going to try and keep my stuff

Finally got my immunovir order from these guys http://brandmedicines.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=746 i think there was a delay in getting it as it was inspected by customs and the good thing is they let it through.
They probably trying to work out what the hell it was, maybe they got some education on cfs when they looked it up??

cheers!!
How do you know that what you have ordered is actually the same as imunovir, which is inosine pranobex. Is this a reputable brand as there is a problem getting the true imunovir which is made in France by Sanofi Winthrop industries?

heapsreal

How do you know that what you have ordered is actually the same as imunovir, which is inosine pranobex. Is this a reputable brand as there is a problem getting the true imunovir which is made in France by Sanofi Winthrop industries?
My understanding is the brand name is immunovir, the generic name is isoprinosine(inosine pranobex) which is what i bought. I would think that more countries would make immunovir then just france just like many other meds that are made in different countries. Its an old med so there wouldnt be a patent on it.

Imunovir contd, the box you have shows is like mine where newport pharmaceuticals Ireland is the licensee and Sanofi Winthrop ind in France the manufacturer. There is a problem in France at the moment and in NZ there are no packets which has me in a relapse perhaps caused by this. I did have a complete100% improvement I think was because of imunovir for 5 years, then did too much stress and stopped imunovir so relapsed badly. Been on it 3 years, slight improve but not as before!

heapsreal

Imunovir contd, the box you have shows is like mine where newport pharmaceuticals Ireland is the licensee and Sanofi Winthrop ind in France the manufacturer. There is a problem in France at the moment and in NZ there are no packets which has me in a relapse perhaps caused by this. I did have a complete100% improvement I think was because of imunovir for 5 years, then did too much stress and stopped imunovir so relapsed badly. Been on it 3 years, slight improve but not as before!
What is the cost of immunovir in NZ,

ukxmrv

Frankie, you could maybe consider an alternative brand? I did well on the Newport variety but also another type manufactured in Greece.

Frankie, you could maybe consider an alternative brand? I did well on the Newport variety but also another type manufactured in Greece.
Are you really convinced they are the same? Knowing how seriously the French pharmacies are and how slack the Greek ones are is it taking a gamble? Can you please give me the contact for the Greek one so I can look into it please. Thanks for the advice

heapsreal

Just recieved my next lot of 200 tabs of immunovir. Got these alot quicker this time, still inspected by customs but maybe now they know what it is so they get moved through quicker. I have a script but still never been asked for one, does seem to be classed as a food supplement though which might be one reason why.

Ok, i have just finished 2 months of immunovir, do i feel any better for it?? I dont know as i think because i am taking the valcyte it is hard to tell, in general yes. I will start immunovir in feb and get my lymphocyte testing at the end of feb and this will tell me if my nk numbers have gone up. Im unable to get a nk function test now but my nk numbers have always been low normal so if these do go up i will take it as a sign immunovir is helping.

This first round of immunovir i dosed mon to fri with weekends off and the first week was 1 tab twice a day, second week 2 tabs twice a day from week 2 to 4, week 5-8 was 3 tabs twice a day. This was a dosing system i read that Klimas has used.
The next round of immunovir im going to dose differently. This time im going to dose week1 mon/wed/fri 1 tab twice a day and tues/thurs 3 tabs twice a day. Then the next week reverse it around so that 1 tab twice a day will be on tues/thur and 3 tabs twice a day will be on mon/wed/fri.

During my month off immunovir im going to use cycloferon which i have used in the past which has improved my nk function when it was measured. I suppose it works in a similar way to immunovir, by increasing the bodies production of natural interferon which itself improves nk function.

In general valcyte i feel has helped me alot, im only going to be on valcyte until april(12months) but will stay on famvir. Im hoping by using these immune mods, immunovir/cycloferon that they improve my immune system and natural killer cell function enough to keep ebv/cmv dormant after valcyte has stopped. Im probably functioning at an 8 out of 10 and i think i can still improve by working on my adrenals, as i think even when we clear the infections there is still adrenal fatigue to over come from having chronic infections for so long.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

2 weeks into my second course of immunovir after having a break from it, but did use cycloferon during that time, i went and got some blood tests. My nk numbers are normally in the lower third of the range but since immunovir they are up in the middle/upper third of the range, so a small but modest improvement.

heapsreal

Heapsreal jus emailed you.

I didn't realise you have used a few different antivirals

Would cycloferon be the most effective?

Or just the most probably effective for Enterovirus's

Have you ever tried Zadaxin? I just emailed some one from Hong Kong regarding this antiviral, as India does not distribute this med...the price would have been really good if they did

Cycloferon is an interferon inducer so increases ones natural interferon. Im guessing it would probably help enteroviruses as dr chia has used interferon itself to treat entroviruses although he says many feel worse while on interferon, interferon inducers dont seem to make one as sick as interferon itself for some reason. But i have heard of people having a herx type reaction with cycloferon also, but i didnt.

Personally have used it in the past and had improvement with it as well as had a nk function test which showed it increased my nk function quite high.

Im currently on cycloferon and its the first time in a couple of years that i have been able to stay of antibiotics for sinusitis issues, also been able to stay off antivirals for 4 weeks which i havent been able to do in a long time as well.

for me i guess its a combo of things as my main issues are herpes viruses, ebv/cmv for which famvir and valcyte have helped directly and cycloferon hopefully increases immune function. Immunovir is also an interferon inducer and i have had tests show it increased my nk numbers, wasnt able to get an nk function test while on it. I will try and cycle between the two ? I have used inosine but cant say it helps consistently.

I havent used zadaxin. I am considering trying immunofan in the future as well as maybe look at other immune mods and interferon inducers?

I will check my email and see if i can elaborate on things for you.

heapsreal

Hi @end

zadaxin from memory is a thymus extract or stimulates the thymus gland, i think?? i think with all the russian research into all this i think immunofan was the refined version of this research on thymus type meds/supps. Sorry i cant give u direct links but recalling info from the best of my memory, so maybe immunofan might be the better thing to look into???

heapsreal

Very usefull information - thanks mate

I will let you know who that T doc is on the Goldie as soon as I find out

Okay

Zadaxin is a little different and does not seem to be an INF inducer - it is a synthetic version of thymosin alpha 1 which of course the thymus produces http://www.sciclone.com/product-portfolio/zadaxin/ if it seems cost effective I will post back details. Apparently some of KDM's patients have used it and reported good results I remember reading some where

My email's being 'difficult' atm thought it was my device...
Im not really sure what immunofan is classed as , havent seen anything on it stating its an interferon inducer although it may, i think they just class it as an immune stimulant. Hard to find alot of info on these things as they are mainly treatments researched in eastern block countries, although i think i have seen a book on the subject on amazon ??
Heres a link to immunofan http://www.bio.net/mm/immuno/1994-July/001614.html

heapsreal

Experimental data on IMMUNOFAN
1.Pharmacological properties.
1.1. IMMUNOFAN has a powerful immunoregulating activity in
respect of restoration of disturbed indicators of the cellular and
humeral immunity.
1.2. The drug stimulates the processes of the T-lymphocytes
maturing and cooperative interaction of T-helpers and bone marrow
cells
, restores the disturbed balance of T-lymphocytes subpopulations,
intensifies the activity of the natural killers and the oxygen
depended system bacterial action of the neutrophils.

1.3. On the background of congenital or acquired immunopathology
IMMUNOFAN activates earlier stages of antibody production, increases
synthesis of immunoglobulins M, G, A, but in the case of the Ig E

hyper production it decreases its synthesis level.
1.4. IMMUNOFAN stimulates disturbed production of the thymic
immunity hormones
, including serum thymic factor and increases the
amount of antibody producing cells in 4-6 times.
1.5. IMMUNOFAN regulates formation of immune system mediators
depending on their production level. In conditions of decreasing
lymphocytes proliferating activity the drug stimulates expression of
receptors and formation of interleukine-2 (drug induced or ecological
immunodeficiency). On the background of induced hyperproduction of
tumor necrosis factor the drug decreases its activity.
1.6. The drug increases the antibacterial and antiviral resistance
of the host
, its administration existentially increases the survival
of experimental animals after Klebsiella pneumoniae infection and
viability of the posterity after influenza virus infection.
1.7. IMMUNOFAN administration in the case of immunization by
antiviral vaccine increases titters and the duration of the antiviral
antibodies circulation sharply.
1.8. In the case of the chronic infectious process decompensation
the drug normalize the lymphocytes genetic stability according the
DNA structure stabilizing indicator and its ability of reparation.
1.9. IMMUNOFAN's pharmacological effect does not depend on the
prostaglandin E^2 production level and is reached in combination with
anti-inflammatory drugs of the non steroid group (prostaglandins
inhibitors).
1.10. IMMUNOFAN has an exceptional low toxicity and provides the
wide safety reserve. The single dose as higher as 1000 middle
therapeutic dose does not cause deaths in the experimental animals.
1.11. Determination of the drug chronic toxicity demonstrates its
safety. Changes of the hematological and biochemical indicators
occurred during the IMMUNOFAN administration to the animals daily
during one month in therapeutic or subtoxic dose come back to the
initial levels after withdrawal of IMMUNOFAN.
1.12. The IMMUNOFAN administration does not cause local irritating
effect, allergic reactions and mutagenesis.
1.13. The close analog of IMMUNOFAN is Thymopentin (Thymunox),
produced on the base of synthetic pentapeptid by the firm Cilag AG
International (Switzerland). The main advantage of the IMMUNOFAN is
its ability to stimulate markedly antiviral immunity
. The recommended
single dose of IMMUNOFAN is 1-1,5 mcg/kg of the body mass, but that of
Thymopentin (Thymunox) is about 700 mcg/kg.