• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aviva contest semi-finals (for $150,000)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Ember, did you post a reply? All I can see in your post is my own post quoted! Not sure if that's just me! :)

Edit: Oh, I see it now. Thanks!

Aileen

On this page:

http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/search/grid

Are all those people in our category?
If not, how can we tell how we're ranked in our category?
Just above the pictures of the different projects are 3 dropdown boxes. Click on: Sort by "Most votes" and Filter by "Large" to see the standings in our category. We must be in the top 10.

Still in 14th (virtual tie for 15th). This is where we were day 1 folks. We need to get more people voting!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just above the pictures of the different projects are 3 dropdown boxes. Click on: Sort by "Most votes" and Filter by "Large" to see the standings in our category. We must be in the top 10.

Still in 14th (virtual tie for 15th). This is where we were day 1 folks. We need to get more people voting!
Thanks, Eileen! That explains why the ranks and votes didn't seem consistent.

Ember

Definitely cuter than us.:mad:
You and M.E.
"Bare With Us"

bare-with-us-tshirt_small-1.jpg

Aileen

For people needing detailed step-by-step voting instructions (severely brainfogged), here they are. Also, you can print this off and take it in to places.

Everyone anywhere in the world can vote. Please ask your family and friends for help!

Attachments

• Aviva voting instructions semi-finals.pdf
    59.3 KB · Views: 5

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I was not able to vote today. I have been trying for nearly an hour and it is tomorrow there.

The site acted really weird when I first tried to load the page. I finally got the sign-in page up, put in my info, hit the button, and a bit later had the blank sign in page again. There was never any error message. After 3 tries, I changed my password a little, in case I was not remembering it correctly, and again got the blank page with no error message.

On the thought that both password attempts might have been incorrect, I decided to reset my password. The same thing happened. Three times I enter my info, hit the button, and got the blank page back.

I suppose I will try a little later to get Thursday vote in early.

Tuha

I chcecked the results of the best 20 organisations in our category. Just be carefull because sometimes it doesnt show the good numbers. I chcecked it in the time when americans start to wake up slowly (around 6 a.m.) so it means that during the day we will a bit lose our position because we have a lot of european and australian voters. here are the results:

1. Riehl skate park - 5678
2. Undercurrent Youth Centre - 5536
3. Une vraie cour d'école pour ados! - 5463
4. Fighting for Healthy, Affordable Food in North End Halifax - 5120
5. Exoskeleton for Trevor Greene, Canadian Veteran – 4779

6. Nouveau gymnase pour notre club de gymnastique Les Hirondelles – 4482
7. Stay Strong Nick Roma 4462
8. Harder-4-Carter: The Carter Antila Memorial SkatePark - 4210
9. Non-profit Companion Animal Hospital & Shelter – 3876
10. Castle Park's "Play for ALL", universally accessible playground – 3767

11. Un préau pour L'École des Enfants-de-la-Terre - 3557
12. Medical equipment for a new chronic diseases clinic in Vancouver – 3520
13. Projet Paradis / Paradis Project – 3492
14. The Power of Play - A Barrier Free Playground – 3329
15. Sensory Therapy Room for kids at Lutherwood - 3025

16. Building Change -A New Shelter for the RCSPCA - 2951
17. Vera M. Welsh & community of Lac La Biche needs a new playground - 2937
18. Sports for all 2902
19. Valley Park Go Green Cricket Field Project - Let There Be Lights - 2883
20. Volunteering to Independence Program "the Katimavik VIP program" - 2718

I would do a small analyse. Our results are not pesimistic but also not optimistic. We are only 250 votes behind the 10 th place but also other organisations are not far away from us. if you look at other organisations there are a lot of kids organisations and how we could already see it - the kids are able to bring thousands of votes in the last day. so we should try to catch at least 7-8 position and the gap is already around 900 votes. it´s not a lot but we have to do something now to change it because every day it will be more difficult. We already did a lot of commercial and we can continue but it doesnt bring us significant number of new voters. i think we have 2 possibilities. 1. to try to contact a big ME, fibromyalgia, Lyme,...organisation from our kind of diseas and ask them to make a big call to their members. If we post a promotion on a page it brings only few votes - it has to be someone from that community. 2. to try to find some kids organisations from our area and ask them to vote for us.
I think without this we will not be sucessfull. So any suggestions are welcome.

Aileen

I don't know where you are getting this info. I was just on the Aviva leaderboard site and it is all messed up. The numbers are wrong too. You have to look at each individual project page, which I did, and put it on a spreadsheet a few moments ago.
We are in 14th place and are some 80 votes behind 13th. We need more people to start voting. :(