• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Latest UK Crop Circle Photos

Wayne

I've long been a big "fan" of crop circles and am pretty sensitive to the positive energy they radiate. Just found this website with a slideshow of some of the latest crop circles from 2012. It also has other information for anybody who's interested in exploring this topic a bit more.

The Latest UK Crop Circle Photos

One of my favorites from the latest 2012 batch:

154_Etchilhampton_Wiltshire_28_07_2012_Wheat_L4.jpg

Wayne

I don't bring this topic up very often with friends or family, but invariably if I do, somebody will say something like, "Oh, I heard those are made by "hoaxters". Lots of points could be made to counter that argument, but one of my favorites is, "So, where do they practice?" -- It's hard for me to imagine a hoaxter creating any of these to near perfection without any place to practice (and in such a short period of time?)

94_Corley_nr_Coventry_Warwickshire_11_07_2012_Wheat_L3.jpg

Wayne

Thanks DB. Great photos. I was keeping an eye out for some of these "favorites" of mine from the past, but wasn't running across them. Thanks for posting some of these beautiful photos. :thumbsup:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I don't know how they're made, and don't really care to have it figured out. Im just glad they exist, and that I can take pleasure in looking at their amazing patterns and shapes. Many of the best things in life are a mystery, and that works just fine for me.

Jarod

Thanks Wayne. I really enjoy crop circles. One can find articles for these crop circles going back hundreds of years.

edit: crop circles have been found going back to the 7th century. Those hoaxers are pretty dang persistant.

Enid

Thanks Wayne - great fun. We are a little waterlogged at the moment so it's like the song "the way things were".

SilverbladeTE

the standard explanation for hoaxing is bullshit, been proven you can't do the complex ones that quickly, that neatly in the dark, like the guys "The Sun" tabloid newspaper went on about.
Would take a dedicated, very skilled GROUP of people to do these fast enough and precisely
note it's at night, farmers never caught enyone, sometimes pitch black when it's been done.

Personally I think it's some military or ex-military types , or maybe some university group of long standing, as you need

1) Night Vision goggles, you can't bloody do that stuff otherwise in the dark, and considering how many years ago this started, only the miltiary or wealthy could get hold of such (has been done in dark of the moon, you try finding yer way around a field when it's pitch black, lol! rememebr, no torches, or they'd be seen)

2) A damn good artist!! One with probably high degree of mathemaical skill, could even be created by a custom program on a computer (ie like fractals)

3) Takes very high degree of co-ordination of people to do this. Most folk cannot organize a p*ss up in a brewery! Never minf do this for decades, not get seen, do it even onmoonless nights, do it over a large area with extreme precision.

So, wouldn't be surprised if it's some prank, initation right or such, of military/university/group of close, dedicated friends.

they are bloody amazing art, regardless of origin :)
thanks for posting!

SilverbladeTE

Esther
well, like it or not, until *hard evidence* is found, uncovering the person/whatever it is doing these, in the act, we simply do not know
Much more likely it is as said, just some very skilled folk, but conclusive proof is needed, until then, yes it could be aliens, or Gaea, or the Muppets for all we know :p
"Schrodinger's Cat" is both alive and dead, until you look at it....
ie we need verification for *anything*

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Having grown up on a farm, I am ambivalent about the crop circles. They are fascinating to look at but I hate to think of the farmer’s crop being damaged. I was glad to see that some of these appear to have been done on bare ground or the residue left after the crop has been harvested.

You can read about the White Horses here: http://wiltshirewhitehorses.org.uk/

You can see corn mazes here: http://www.mazeplay.com/photo
and here: http://www.cornmazesamerica.com/directory.php?state=US
There is no mystery about how they are done.

I can see the fun of enjoying the speculations about aliens or magic. I think 'CFS' means that I've already got more than enough 'mystery' in my life though!