• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mastocytosis: Diagnosis, Classification, and Therapy

xchocoholic

Hi nanonug,

In looking at page 31, I noticed that they didn't recommend treating for h pylori for peptic
ulcers. Is it possible that this area of medicine has missed that ? Or is this info old ?

They mentioned treating neuro symptoms with h1s too. What's up with that ?

Tc .. X

nanonug

In looking at page 31, I noticed that they didn't recommend treating for h pylori for peptic ulcers.

These would be for H. pylori-negative peptic ulcers, caused by excessive histamine leading to increased stomach acid.

They mentioned treating neuro symptoms with h1s too. What's up with that ?

H1/H2 blockers appear to be "standard practice" for mast cell activation disorders. I suspect this is due to the auto-excitatory nature of histamine on mast cells. However, there might be other reasons I am not aware of.

xchocoholic

I can tell from experimenting with h1 mc meds, including Benadryl, and Klonopin that h1s don't stop my myoclonus / jerking.
Klonopin nails it tho. So I'm surprised that they'd suggest using mc meds for neuro problems. It is just a chart
tho. Lol.

tc .. X

nanonug

So I'm surprised that they'd suggest using mc meds for neuro problems.

What I found most interesting was the suggestion of using cromolyn sodium for neuro symptoms. Cromolyn sodium pretty much stays in the gut so I guess the old adage of "it's all in your gut" might old true after all. In my case, there is definitely a very strong correlation between gut and neurological symptoms.