• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ADENOSYLCOBALAMIN, THE VERY LARGE GORILLA IN THE ROOM

Freddd

This is all about inflammation, NOT methylation. In this paper Dr Wheatly (an oncologist) explains why AdoCbl (adb12, adob12, cobalamide, adenosylcobalamin, adenosylb12 etc) is "radically" more effective and completely different from the NO control of hydroxycbl. She suggests that this older view is the workaround for essentially AdoCbl starvation and is a faulty and incomplete view. This is a specualtive paper that basically lays the biochemical foundation for the active b12 protocol. I wish Rich was to see this and where his theories have lead. Methylation was one shoe, this is the gorilla's second shoe to drop. I am anxious to read the next few papers.

In this paper, availalble at Researchgate, the necessity of boron, as in the Anobol Dibencoplex adb12 also is shown. Also, where zinc fits in and of course Tetrahydrobiopterin.

This is revolutionary.

The Very Large Gorilla Sitting in the Room? Adenosylcobalamin is the Missing Link: its Radical and Tetrahydrobiopterin are the Principal in vivo Catalysts for Mammalian Nitric Oxide Synthases.
Carmen Wheatley
Orthomolecular Oncology, (registered charity no. 1078066), 4 Richmond Road, Oxford, OX1 2JJ, and St Catherine’s College, Oxford, OX1 3UJ, UK.
Abstract
Mammalian nitric oxide synthases (NOS) are a source of the universal second messenger, and pivotal biochemical molecule, nitric oxide (

.NO). NOS are assumed to function catalytically in a haem-centred manner, by analogy with cytochrome P450. Yet, they differ significantly. Cobalamin, vitamin B12, is believed to function almost solely as an .NO scavenger and, latterly, as a direct, physiological inhibitor of the NOS. Yet, in pathology, associated to cobalamin deficiency, functional or otherwise, NOS over-produce superoxide, peroxynitrite (ONOO-), and other reactive nitrite species, rather than .NO (Figure 7). This paper offers a radical, new solution to the gaps and inconsistencies in the current understanding of the mechanism of haem-centred NOS catalysis, which also challenges the other existing paradigm of cobalamin as just an .NO mop. Examination of a wide diversity of NOS and cobalamin-dependent enzyme structure-function studies, as well as data from the .NO/cobalamin chemical, biochemical, immunological, genetic, and clinical literature, offers indications that cobalamin, specifically, in one of its active forms, adenosylcobalamin (AdoCbl), may have a third, eukaryotic coenzyme function as the principal cofactor of well-regulated NOS catalysis in vivo. The AdoCbl-centred NOS reaction is described in detail (Figure 5), and some existing evidence that, in vitro, without AdoCbl, NOS turnover activity is significantly slower than in in vivo AdoCbl-rich environments, is presented. AdoCbl, in conjunction with tetrahydrobiopterin, couples NOS oxygen binding/activation to L-arginine hydroxylation and .NO synthesis much more effectively than does haem, overcoming NOS spatial and redox problems, leading to productive catalysis, decreased radical formation/escape, with a consequent increased ratio of .NO to ONOO-, and prevention of pathology (Figures 5 & 7). In vivo, haem-centred NOS catalysis may, in fact, be the back-up NOS reaction, and it‟s predominance in the absence of AdoCbl,

There are many names for these active b12 vitamins. Adenosylcoblamin, adenosylb12, adenosylcbl, cobalamide, cobamamide, adocbl, adob12, adb12, adcbl, methylcobalamin, methylb12, methylcbl, mecocbl, mecbl, mb12, mecob12 and other similar ones.

PointsNorth

Paulo
Freddd, I've read much about zinc deficiency across a broad spectrum of the US population. For over a year it worked wonders for my Crohns and for the first time in my life I had no colds through last winter. ZINC will be the next big thing and is starting to make it's way into many over-the-counter remedies e.g. Cold FX.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Hi Fredd,

Where do you source your adenosylcobalamin?

Sorry if youve already stated this a million times before. I'm getting too lazy to go over old threads.

Freddd

I have recently been using the Anabol Dibecoplex adb12. It also includes Boron which is an essential trace element in it's utilization in the body. I empty a quater of a cap onto a spoon and then drop it along my lower lip and gums aqnd it takes 2-3 hours to absorrb. I do that 4 times ne day a week and that maitains me in equilibrium becasue the turnover ofrate is slow. This recent paper may point the wqay for inflammation control being more effective if taken in smakller doses daily.. I was doing the one larger dose a week to get it inth the CSF/CNS. My daughter found every day to be essential. Others have found that too so we were wondering what could account for that.

http://www.iherb.com/Anabol-Naturals-Dibencoplex-10-000-30-Capsules/9849

Lynn

I have recently been using the Anabol Dibecoplex adb12. ... I do that 4 times ne day a week

Hi Fredd,

There was a typo in your post. Do you mean that on one day per week you take it four times during the day? If that were the case, would it be just as good to take it once-four days/week?

Lynn

Hi Fredd,

There was a typo in your post. Do you mean that on one day per week you take it four times during the day? If that were the case, would it be just as good to take it once-four days/week?

Lynn
i believe what he was saying is that he takes one capsule and divides it into quarters and takes that 4 times a day one time a week. he will have to verify that though..that's what i took from it

Freddd

To clarify, I dump 1/4 cap into a spoon and drop it carefully at the bottom of where my lower lip and gums comes together. Each 2.5 to 3 hours I do that on one day a week. This accompanied by the 30 mg of Enztmatic therapy mb12 I take each day during the same period. This allows adb12 to enter my CSF-CNS by diffusion. Taken as 4 doses 1 each day is perfectly fine and good. My daughter needed that. However, I, like many people with CFS/FMS/ALS/Parkinson's and others have low b12 levels of one or both kinds in their CSF/CNS which makes it easy to demonstrate that sufficiencient dose can penetrate and to some extent heal.

I've tried both methods. This works better for me and once a week appeared sufficient as regards ATP startup. However, after reading that paper and realizing that I may have missed the inflammation differences not looking for them so starting yesterday I'm taking it every day for now, 1/4 capsule, and once a week a full capsule. Quite a few people have reported improvment with daily adocbl.

There are many names for these active b12 vitamins. Adenosylcoblamin, adenosylb12, adenosylcbl, cobalamide, cobamamide, adocbl, adob12, adb12, adcbl, methylcobalamin, methylb12, methylcbl, mecocbl, mecbl, mb12, mecob12 and other similar ones.

Hi April

That link wasn't active 2 days ago. Thankyou.

Search the paper for H4B - 4 hydrogens and 1 boron, also in one of the graphics the H4B is shown at the base of one set of reactions and Zn something at the base of the other if I remember correctly.
High Freddd,
I think Wheatley uses H4B as abbreviation for 8-tetrahydrobiopterin (H4B) ..... the B in this case being biopterin

Freddd

Amazon/Vitacost 120caps bottle is a bit cheaper ....about half price :)
For what product? And have you tested how it works? How well does it work compared to the Country Life Dibencozide with folic acid, 3mg adb12, Source naturals 10mg dibencozide and the Anabol Dibencoplex with Boron?

Freddd

High Freddd,
I think Wheatley uses H4B as abbreviation for 8-tetrahydrobiopterin (H4B) ..... the B in this case being biopterin

I see it could be. Thankyou In that case a giant oooops becasue I was looking for how Boron comes into it. That doesn't change the meaning of the paper about what occurs, just where in blazes does Boron fit in?

For what product? And have you tested how it works? How well does it work compared to the Country Life Dibencozide with folic acid, 3mg adb12, Source naturals 10mg dibencozide and the Anabol Dibencoplex with Boron?
I should have been clearer .... The same stuff you mentioned Anabol Dibencoplex with Boron (just bigger package and cheaper).:) Amazon (description vague) VitaCost (does mention the boron).
I did not try anything yet. Just reading and absorbing info. After trying to overcome the withdrawal effects of years of AntiDepressants I am getting close to start trying the methylation protocol.

I see it could be. Thankyou In that case a giant oooops becasue I was looking for how Boron comes into it. That doesn't change the meaning of the paper about what occurs, just where in blazes does Boron fit in?
Absolutely, the paper is a tantalizing eye opener. Through H4B (or BH4 as I see it abbreviated elsewhere) the folate/MTHF/AdB12 cycle problems can now be connected to the NO and mast cell issues.
IMHO via this paper, you found a common underlying denominator to tie together the different thoughts about the cause and symptoms of CFS.
About the Boron... I have no clue. Another question to do some searches on me thinks.

Rand56

hi Freddd

I know you're not talking to me here but I am one who has tried all 3 of these. Some time ago when Anabol Dibencozide was first talked about, I remember myself and a couple others who mentioned that we could "feel" the Anabol much moreso than any other. For me it was quite noticeable. There "has to be" something about them adding that small amount of boron to have some nice synergy.

Rand