• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

hydrogen peroxide

paul80

I've heard people saying drinking hydrogen peroxide can kill the bad things in your gut and is safe. Anyone tried this or have any information about it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've heard people saying drinking hydrogen peroxide can kill the bad things in your gut and is safe. Anyone tried this or have any information about it?

I have had IV hydrogen peroxide which did indeed kill a lot of pathogens. (I had about 20 IV treatments) I also had a lot of die-off and it was hard on the veins though. They don't just use the 3% stuff you buy in the pharmacy! Nor is that the type you would take orally.

Sushi

paul80

Thanks, I don't really know anything about it but someone told me i should do it.

What convinced you to do it? Is there a lot of evidence that it works and is safe?

Sushi

Thanks, I don't really know anything about it but someone told me i should do it.

What convinced you to do it? Is there a lot of evidence that it works and is safe?

There is evidence that oxygen kills certain types of pathogens. No one can say whether a therapy is safe for everyone--so many of us react differently to any therapy. I think with any oxygen therapy you have to watch out for oxidative stress.

I did IV EDTA chelation at the same time (that wouldn't be my choice for chelation now) and between the 2 therapies, I improved a great deal and had a couple of very productive years following.

Sushi

I have read about people inhaling hydrogen peroxide.
Here's a couple of links:
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/hydrogen_peroxide.html
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/hydrogen_peroxide_inhalation.html

If you look on the same website under CFS "cures" you will find them also talking about how inhalation therapy helped them get better.

I am wary because it sounds like it is not working for everyone, but as for a cheap way to treat pathogens, it sounds like something worth trying since my insurance doesn't cover any kind of naturopathic or alternative therapies. I'm on the fence. I'd like to hear more from people with ME/CFS who have tried it. Anyone out there?

taniaaust1

I used to take the medical grade hydrogen peroxide... I forgot how much one takes by mouth now but it was very tiny... 1-3 drops.. something like that. I found it to be of no help to my ME/CFS thou.

Dolche

Dolche
uote="Sushi, post: 293948, member: 47"]I have had IV hydrogen peroxide which did indeed kill a lot of pathogens. (I had about 20 IV treatments) I also had a lot of die-off and it was hard on the veins though. They don't just use the 3% stuff you buy in the pharmacy! Nor is that the type you would take orally.

Sushi[/quote]

Dolche

Dolche
Sushi,

I'm on my 11 hydrogen peroxide iv. I am having terrible die off? Is it worth it? Do you think it helps.
How many iv a week did u do? N for how long?

Thks,

Dolce

Dolche

Dolche

Sushi,

I am on my 11 treatment of hydrogen peroxide and vitamin c iv ? I am getting a lot die off. Feeling exhausted.

Is it worth it? For how long did you do them ? How many times a week?

Thks

Dolche

Sushi

Sushi,

I'm on my 11 hydrogen peroxide iv. I am having terrible die off? Is it worth it? Do you think it helps.
How many iv a week did u do? N for how long?

Thks,

Dolce

I had about 22 IV hydrogen peroxide infusions but they gave them to me way too close together (I was in a clinic and they gave them to us 6 days a week).

I felt like total hell with die-off/detox, but yes it was worth it. I got a few years nearly symptoms free once I recovered. Kinda points to the necessity of "killing things."

Sushi

P.S. you have to include both the [ ] s for someone to get an alert that they have been quoted. You will see it when you post and can edit it if it didn't work!

Dolche

Dolche
I had about 22 IV hydrogen peroxide infusions but they gave them to me way too close together (I was in a clinic and they gave them to us 6 days a week).

I felt like total hell with die-off/detox, but yes it was worth it. I got a few years nearly symptoms free once I recovered. Kinda points to the necessity of "killing things."

Sushi

P.S. you have to include both the [ ] s for someone to get an alert that they have been quoted. You will see it when you post and can edit it if it didn't work!

Dolche

Dolche
Sushi,

Thank you for responding. I really appreciate your help. It gives me hope because
I am feeling pretty bad. I going to stick to it. I started w three a week
And now docs wants to put me on two a week. I was homebound so I figure
I would try it. It's so hard to find people who have tried it. But my Doctor
seems confident .

When did you see difference?

Did you have to recover from die off?

Did you ever think of trying it again if it was so beneficial?

I wonder if keeping a maintenance dose w prevent infections from coming back?

Blessingssssss........

Dolche

Sushi

Sushi,

Thank you for responding. I really appreciate your help. It gives me hope because
I am feeling pretty bad. I going to stick to it. I started w three a week
And now docs wants to put me on two a week. I was homebound so I figure
I would try it. It's so hard to find people who have tried it. But my Doctor
seems confident .

When did you see difference?

Did you have to recover from die off?

Did you ever think of trying it again if it was so beneficial?

I wonder if keeping a maintenance dose w prevent infections from coming back?

Blessingssssss........

Dolche

Let me try to remember. Yes, I had to recover from the die-off--a week, two weeks? Can't remember. A couple of months later I was able to begin a demanding full-time job, but I can't remember how long before I felt that well--I think it was gradual.

I have thought of trying it again but I was concerned about how hard it was on my veins. Maybe that was because they gave the IV's too close together, but it took a long time for my veins to recover. I also had EDTA chelation at the same time, so I am not sure whether it was one or both that were hard on the veins. Also, with any oxygen therapy, there is a danger of oxidative stress.

But I was able to work full-time for the next 10 years so, yes, I'd consider doing it again.

I would guess that a maintenance dose would help, but I don't have any experience with that.

Good luck. All the other patients I was with who were getting IV hydrogen peroxide also had a hard time with die-off.

Best,
Sushi

Dolche

Dolche
Let me try to remember. Yes, I had to recover from the die-off--a week, two weeks? Can't remember. A couple of months later I was able to begin a demanding full-time job, but I can't remember how long before I felt that well--I think it was gradual.

I have thought of trying it again but I was concerned about how hard it was on my veins. Maybe that was because they gave the IV's too close together, but it took a long time for my veins to recover. I also had EDTA chelation at the same time, so I am not sure whether it was one or both that were hard on the veins. Also, with any oxygen therapy, there is a danger of oxidative stress.

But I was able to work full-time for the next 10 years so, yes, I'd consider doing it again.

I would guess that a maintenance dose would help, but I don't have any experience with that.

Good luck. All the other patients I was with who were getting IV hydrogen peroxide also had a hard time with die-off.

Best,
Sushi

Dolche

Dolche
Sushi, Thank you for your help. You are a true angel.
Just wondering what was your level illness when you started iv treatments. Homebound ? From 0 to 10 . 10 Being recovered
I also wanted to ask you about fir sauna. I read you had one and it helped you. I actually bought one. I used it gradually at first and then 30 min everyday. I was feeling good for two months then I crashed badly. I haven't used it since April I get awful pem. Any suggestions? Why I crashed?I was not on my green diet juicing then. Maybe I was not strong enough and over did?
Any suggestions?.
Dolche, Miami

Sushi

Sushi, Thank you for your help. You are a true angel.
Just wondering what was your level illness when you started iv treatments. Homebound ? From 0 to 10 . 10 Being recovered
I also wanted to ask you about fir sauna. I read you had one and it helped you. I actually bought one. I used it gradually at first and then 30 min everyday. I was feeling good for two months then I crashed badly. I haven't used it since April I get awful pem. Any suggestions? Why I crashed?I was not on my green diet juicing then. Maybe I was not strong enough and over did?
Any suggestions?
Dolche, Miami

I can't remember fully what my level of illness was so long ago, but I guess I'd rate it at mostly couch bound. But, I had only been that way for a few months before getting the IV treatments, though I had been partially sick for years.

I am not "recovered" cause I crashed again about 6 years ago and have slowly gotten better since then using a variety of treatments.

It is hard to guess about your experience with the FIR--was it the FIR that caused a crash, was it something else, was it a combination of things? I can't use the FIR everyday--it stirs up too much. In some periods I have used it every other day, now I use it about every 3rd day. Do you follow immediately with a cool shower?

Best wishes,
Sushi

Dolche

Dolche
I want this to be a warning. I had 12 consecutive hydrogen peroxide IV's. I felt terrible during treatment. I assumed it was a herx reaction. I literally had to stop treatments because I was so sick. Well it's been two and 1/2 months since I stopped. I am now bedridden. It obviously was too much for my weak body and it caused more oxidative stress. I just want to warn others.. Please reconsider if you are thinking about it.

Dolche