• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Excellent results with LactoFermented Vegetables

Zensational

I have suffered from terrible constipation problems for years even though I take fiber, senna, cascara sagrada, chia seeds, a lot of water, etc. It's almost as if I'd eaten a bag of cement.
Sooo...you can know that when I post something that "ACTUALLY WORKS" you can know that I
that I know what I am talking about.
I discovered Lactofermeted vegetables as part of the GAPS diet that was designed and is healing autistic children. And although I am not following the GAPS diet persay, I have eliminated grain and have been making and eating the Lactofermeted vegetables along with L-Glutamine which is healing to the gut. The vegetables are simple to make and once made keep in the fridge a long time.
I just eat one serving of the sauerkraut or beets every day and the results are amazing.
Turns out that before the advent of refrigeration in the 1950's, people preserved food by fermenting it and the fermenting process increases the lactobacillus "friendly bacteria" greatly.
I learned how to make it on YouTube. I use a probiotic culture with mine but I understand that is not necessary.
Please consider this as part of you regimen.
Good to finally find something that WORKS!

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
I have suffered from terrible constipation problems for years even though I take fiber, senna, cascara sagrada, chia seeds, a lot of water, etc. It's almost as if I'd eaten a bag of cement.
Sooo...you can know that when I post something that "ACTUALLY WORKS" you can know that I
that I know what I am talking about.
I discovered Lactofermeted vegetables as part of the GAPS diet that was designed and is healing autistic children. And although I am not following the GAPS diet persay, I have eliminated grain and have been making and eating the Lactofermeted vegetables along with L-Glutamine which is healing to the gut. The vegetables are simple to make and once made keep in the fridge a long time.
I just eat one serving of the sauerkraut or beets every day and the results are amazing.
Turns out that before the advent of refrigeration in the 1950's, people preserved food by fermenting it and the fermenting process increases the lactobacillus "friendly bacteria" greatly.
I learned how to make it on YouTube. I use a probiotic culture with mine but I understand that is not necessary.
Please consider this as part of you regimen.
Good to finally find something that WORKS!

Hi Zensational, could you tell me which probiotic you are using and point me to the youtube video. I have thought about fermented cabbage on and off. Not really sure why it would be any different from making yoghurt with the same probiotic though.

Mij

I've been eating fermented organic unpasteurized sauerkraut for the last several years and the results are amazing for me too. I like to eat the fermented ginger and other veggies too. I never suffered from constipation but had terrible malabsorption problems and now my gut is in perfect condition. I will eat it for the rest of my life.

Glad it worked for you!

Zensational

I'm happy to hear that. I do know that GMO's can compromise the gut lining after time so I'm fighting it all the way.
Here is a good website with recipes.
http://www.nourishingdays.com/2009/07/the-benefits-of-fermented-food-lacto-fermented-vegetables/

You can also search for lacto-fermented vegetables on YouTube or Vimeo and get lots of videos. Some use probotic culture and some don't. Apparently it's not necessary. I used just a probotic capsule that I had on hand and opened the capsule in the mixture.
It's so easy and the benefits are so great that I want everyone to know about it.

Zensational

I've been eating fermented organic unpasteurized sauerkraut for the last several years and the results are amazing for me too. I like to eat the fermented ginger and other veggies too. I never suffered from constipation but had terrible malabsorption problems and now my gut is in perfect condition. I will eat it for the rest of my life.

Glad it worked for you!

That is great news. I am curious to know if you are sleeping better since your gut is healing. I am told that once the gut heals that it produces brain chemicals, serotonin, in particular that is mostly made in the gut. There is much evidence that gut healing is crucial to recovery from CFS/ME and various other diseases.

Mij

That is great news. I am curious to know if you are sleeping better since your gut is healing. I am told that once the gut heals that it produces brain chemicals, serotonin, in particular that is mostly made in the gut. There is much evidence that gut healing is crucial to recovery from CFS/ME and various other diseases.

I've never had severe sleep issues like most with CFS/ME but I have experienced terrible sleep here and there that lasted for up to 2yrs. I've been sleeping excellent for the last 5yrs AND I'm in Menopause now! My hormones feel balanced and I'm feeling overall decent but far from being "cured", healing the gut is definitely a huge issue though. I was treated for h.pylori 12yrs ago.