• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What has helped best against your leaky oversensitive gut?

MonkeyMan

Just wanted to mention that I've assumed for years that I have leaky gut, based on my symptoms. Finally had the Genova Intestinal Permeability Test a couple of weeks ago, and guess what ... the results were NORMAL.

Drew

Waverunner

Just wanted to mention that I've assumed for years that I have leaky gut, based on my symptoms. Finally had the Genova Intestinal Permeability Test a couple of weeks ago, and guess what ... the results were NORMAL.

Drew

Hi Drew,

can you tell us what your symptoms are/were?

Greets

Wave

Adlyfrost

Rockt Over the last 15 years, my attempts to repair my gut are the only thing that have made a significant difference depending on what stage of CFS I am in. I have 4 stages:
1. healthy w/ periodic light crashes and nervous exhaustion, can tolerate light, gradual exercise sometimes tolerated
2. Always lethargic, little appetite, nauseous, need 12+ hours of rest, heat /cold intolerance, slight clogged ears, intolerant of most exercise
3. Low grade fevers, autoimmune responses to all food, tensing of muscles, constant nausea, severe brain fog, bad periods, constant active herpes simplex on lips, clogged ears, can't exercise, narcolepsy, winded from sitting up
4. Can barely walk, feel like I have been beat to a pulp, everything aches and hurts, sleeping all day, constant sore throat, never rested, despondent, light intolerant, freezing all the time, low fevers, nausea, completely bedridden, severe sores on lips, frequent panic attacks

Level 4 requires LOW dose immune modulators over a long period of time (Low doses so autoimmune response to food is not made worse). Viruses, parasites have to be addressed. Low dose Equilibrant and Kutaja and astralagus are good. I also have to eat an autoimmune diet with no grains, legumes, nightshades, etc.

Level 3 requires bone broth mini fasts. All liquid diet for a while.

Level 2 and one require I begin restoring my optimum levels of Mg, Zinc, Ca, Se, killing stuff in the gut with nystatin and olive leaf and garlic. Also light aerobic exercise such as walking is beneficial to kill pathogens.

Level 1 hormone levels optimized by adding more fats and light weight bearing exercises. Also treating my scoliosis with my spine core brace.

Nothing will work though without a STRICT diet. And nothing will return to normal without restoring nutrition with fermented food, B', EFA's, and Magnesium and other mins. Transdermal MG and country life's Magnesium caps the best. Rice MG chelates are awful. Mg is a precursor to hormones and nervous system and muscles relaxing.