• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any B12/Methylation Doctors?

arx

Hi Crux,

I am getting an MRI done in a few days. I've met with a good doctor and he has suggested some tests,so I'm in touch with him and it will all take some time.I am approaching with an open mind.You are right, neuro troubles may/may not be found in an MRI. I have read about SACD and have mentioned. Lets see. I have also experienced vision troubles, and nerve sensations in my eye like you mention. In fact after 15 mb12 injections(500mcg), the first startup I had was in my eye only. My nerves which felt so contracted and stretched started to relax a bit, and that startup process had its own twitching and pain. Much of it has healed after 3 months of mb12,but much of it still remains.

Good to know you're doing well with the cortisol problem. About the start up and titrations, titrations done very slowly require so much patience and the ability to deal with the startup effects for such a long duration. I start very slow,but after some time I get a bit impatient and increase my dosage, and that becomes a problem. Going slowly is better than pulse dosing,in my opinion. Starting and stopping again triggers additional startup for me.Though pulse dosing seems very suitable for carnitine. I've read some views mentioning that one should take a break after taking carnitine continously.

Pink Floyd will always be fresh for me. They have made beautiful music. What are your favorite songs?
There must be a lot of speculation about the health problems of Syd Barrett. He was highly creative, and mainly their drug use is believed to have caused health troubles,right?.But I don't really know the truth. It is really sad. B12 deficiency has such a wide range of symptoms,including mental illnesses and I also sometimes cannot help but wonder the possibility of it...

Crux

Hi Arx;

I think it's a great idea to have an MRI. Even if they don't detect lesions, they can check for any masses that could be causing neuro symptoms.

I've had alot of the neuro symptoms you described, even seizing. There are many cases of B12 def. seizures, in fact.

Maybe it would be good to practice relaxation techniques during the MRI. There are alot of clanking sounds.

Or, you could replay Pink Floyd songs in your mind. I do love so many of their songs, but I'm especially "weak" for :
" Breathe, Wish You Were Here, and Shine On You Crazy Diamond". They are haunting and beautiful...poetic.

I've known quite a few people who have died, or become disabled by addictions. I remember that at least some of them were having health problems prior to their addictions. I believe that their ill health made them susceptible.
Unfortunately, some drugs, especially stimulants can cause permanent brain damage. It's being seen more now. Sad.

But on a brighter note, I'm going to play some Pink Floyd while I cook. Thanks for the inspiration!

arx

Hi Arx;

I think it's a great idea to have an MRI. Even if they don't detect lesions, they can check for any masses that could be causing neuro symptoms.

I've had alot of the neuro symptoms you described, even seizing. There are many cases of B12 def. seizures, in fact.

Maybe it would be good to practice relaxation techniques during the MRI. There are alot of clanking sounds.

Or, you could replay Pink Floyd songs in your mind. I do love so many of their songs, but I'm especially "weak" for :
" Breathe, Wish You Were Here, and Shine On You Crazy Diamond". They are haunting and beautiful...poetic.

Hi Crux,

Yes, I think the MRI was due. Had it today,let's see what happens.I really hope something comes out of it.Relaxation techniques did help,as it was my first time.

Those three are my favorite songs too, along with High Hopes and Time. Haunting and beautiful..I second that.

I've known quite a few people who have died, or become disabled by addictions. I remember that at least some of them were having health problems prior to their addictions. I believe that their ill health made them susceptible.
Unfortunately, some drugs, especially stimulants can cause permanent brain damage. It's being seen more now. Sad.

You are right, maybe their ill health makes them susceptible to addictions. Or it can be the other way round. It's a very destructive spiral.

But on a brighter note, I'm going to play some Pink Floyd while I cook. Thanks for the inspiration!

Great! Happy cooking!:)

Crux

Hi Arx;

I'm glad you've gotten the MRI over and done, It's an uncomfortable procedure. A nurse friend of mine made a brilliant suggestion to me, " Just think of it as, procedure." I can really waste energy dreading things.

I hope the Docs can come up with a good plan for you.

I think I may, someday, consider doing a methylation panel, and some genetics testing. I'll need to employ the,"Just think of it as procedure", method. ( dread )

" Happy Cooking ",also a Jacques Pepin slogan, is one I appreciate.

The other night, I did play, " Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here", CDs. "Time" is a great song, I'm partial to the intro. I see " High Hopes" is on the " Division Bell " CD. I'll play that today. ( I'm slow to catch the wave with technology, no ipod, but I'm a great appreciator of it. I still like to have a disk with some artwork and info.)

So, " Happy Methylating", to you !

arx

Hehe!

Thanks Crux.

'The Division Bell' is an amazing album. I like 'Coming Back To Life', 'High Hopes' and 'Lost For Words'.