• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good Interview from Medical Intuitive

Lily

*Believe*
Interesting......

I have read a few books by medical intuitives - my foggy brain can't remember who they were at the moment and it has been several years since I read them.....in fact, I don't think I was sick yet. Anyway, I do believe some people do have this gift. Do you think you would ever have a consultation session with Laura????? I see that a 70 minute consultation is $560..... something feels genuine about her. I could see myself doing this - back when I was very gainfully employed anyway and had not only the financial but physical means to pursue such things ;)

klutzo

Could the books you read have been by Carolyn Myss? She is the most well known medical intuitive I can think of. I have seen her on Oprah a couple of times.

I have gained a small ability along these lines myself since I've been sick and have correctly dx'd 2 people with terminal illness. I wish I had been wrong.

However, I can't see anything for myself or those I have strong emotional ties with....the attachment seems to block it.

klutzo

jenbooks

She's really expensive. I don't know why that should be. I mean, it's practically $500/hour, that's the same as an expensive lawyer. I have to take issue with that.

OTOH, I think she is genuine. I read her book this week. She had a very interesting NDE. And I watched the interview to see what I thought. I might do it, I don't know. Her book offers rudimentary exercises. I'm also rereading Donna Eden's Energy Medicine. I've just started it again--I read the first edition 10 years ago. So I purchased the new edition which is updated.

She said in the interview that every illness has an "attitude." The way she described CFS/fibro in the book was pretty good (energetically) so I felt she had picked it up pretty well (she describes different ailments). I feel like the attitude of lyme is, "I'm going to bring you to your knees." Why? I don't know. I used to think it was nature's revenge on humans for being so careless with the ecosystem. And I was just an innocent bystander visiting a garden in CT for a couple of minutes. Who knows.

She does have an interesting quiz in the book about your intuitive style, and I guess mine is "organizational" or abstract. IE I checked off the most boxes under that section and interestingly, when I try to "intuit" things (unless they come to me suddenly) I ask questions in my journal and answer in my journal. So that is more abstract I suppose.

She talks in the book about honoring your intuition. I sort of began to feel badly at the times I had these odd intuitions and ignored them as they seemed irrational. Well we've talked about that before on this forum.

I should add that most intuitives haven't impressed me much. They tend to be vague. I have a few friends who are intuitives. I really like these folks but they aren't really very good at figuring my situation out. I should also add that would be a huge amount of $$ for me and I'd kick myself if it wasn't an extraordinary reading. It's not like I have it to spare. However if it really helped me of course I would be grateful.

kurt

I have read a few books by medical intuitives - my foggy brain can't remember who they were at the moment and it has been several years since I read them.....in fact, I don't think I was sick yet. Anyway, I do believe some people do have this gift. Do you think you would ever have a consultation session with Laura????? I see that a 70 minute consultation is $560..... something feels genuine about her. I could see myself doing this - back when I was very gainfully employed anyway and had not only the financial but physical means to pursue such things ;)

If you want a less expensive way to find out what a medical intuitive / channeler says about CFS, you might look at Edgar Cayce's recommendations. He gave many readings for neurasthenia (which probably was a type of early CFS).

http://www.edgarcayce.org/health/database/chdata/data/prcfs3a.html

and a study of PWC following his recommendations:

http://www.meridianinstitute.com/cfscs.htm

I wonder if modern intuitives can even match this, let alone improve on his recommends ... Cayce was accurate on so many things.

Lily

*Believe*
Oh yes.....

I read Edgar Cayce and Carolyn Myss in the 90's along with so much else. Thanks for reminding me. Ahhh but the person I was then seems like just someone I barely remember now. She's in me somewhere, I know she's still there, lol.

Yes klutzo, I read about your abilities in one of the threads. So many of you have reminded me of interests and abilities I use to have, but seem to be gone now.