• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Test results and antivirals success, what are high titers, what tests?

anniekim

Thanks Madietodd, so pleased that you have noticed significant improvements from having it treated.

Did you test IGM positive for the Western Blot test? Many thanks. Sorry edit, I meant did your IgG test positive? Thanks

Also is the one month antibiotic the only treatment you will be having for the Lyme? Will you be doing the test again? Many thanks

maddietod

I tested IgG negative (only positive on band 41) and IGM positive (on bands 23 and 41) on the Western Blot.

There was also a test called "Lyme AB Screen" which was positive (1.73, range: equivocal at .91-1.09, positive > 1.10)

I will be re-tested in December, 3 months from when I started the antibiotic. At that point he hopes I'll be negative for active Lyme, but apparently sometimes the test shows it still active even when it isn't. I don't know about this; I'll report back after that test.

I got him to test me for 2 co-infections; no results yet. If those tests are negative, the presumption is that the one month of doxycycline will be all I'll need (assuming he's correct that that has killed the B. burgdorferi).

Madie

anniekim

Thanks Madietodd. I've been reading the CDC website on Lyme (I know many don't agree with it, as their info on M.e/cfs is so bad, I'm open to it being wrong) which says an IGM positive and IgG negative result suggests a recent infection. Does your doc agree with this?

Yep, on the CDC website it says even if you clear the Lyme infection you may still have antibodies for quite a few months after.

maddietod

Thanks Madietodd. I've been reading the CDC website on Lyme (I know many don't agree with it, as their info on M.e/cfs is so bad, I'm open to it being wrong) which says an IGM positive and IgG negative result suggests a recent infection. Does your doc agree with this?

Yep, on the CDC website it says even if you clear the Lyme infection you may still have antibodies for quite a few months after.

Yes, this is a recent infection. Apparently "recent" can mean in the past year.