• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Will Freddd be back on these forums?

arx

Hi,

I am on his Active B12 Protocol. I would like to know if and when he will be back here as I haven't seen him in a very long time.Although he has written most of the information one could ask about the protocol and the issues one faces while on it, there are some doubts I have time and again and it will be really helpful if I could contact him. If you know when he'll be back here or any other ways to contact him, please reply or PM.

Thanks a lot.

Seadragon

Hi arx,

He has been unwell recently and has not answered my emails the past couple of weeks either.

I'm not sure if or when he will be back :(

Love Esperanza x

Nielk

I've been looking for him too. I'm sorry to hear that he is not well.

arx

Hi arx,

He has been unwell recently and has not answered my emails the past couple of weeks either.

I'm not sure if or when he will be back :(

Love Esperanza x

Hi Esperanza,

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that he gets well soon. Thank you so much for informing me.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Fredd sorry to hear you've been unwell, sincerely hope you're okay and getting better.

Arx,

Thanks for the reply. I did know that Freddd had CFS in the past, but he was recovered. I am one of his success stories and have myself recovered from severe CFS using his protocol. I was severely ill in the summer of 2009, I used Freddd's protocol, antimicrobial herbs, and alterations to my diet to recover at the time.

I no longer take any supplements and have continued to do well following using brain retraining techniques for MCS and food sensitivities, but I would never have been able to get to that point without Freddd's protocol.

I was wondering if his current illness, the one people have spoken about above is related to CFS or something else - for example, diabetes or ???. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough when I asked my question.

Velha

arx

Arx,

Thanks for the reply. I did know that Freddd had CFS in the past, but he was recovered. I am one of his success stories and have myself recovered from severe CFS using his protocol. I was severely ill in the summer of 2009, I used Freddd's protocol, antimicrobial herbs, and alterations to my diet to recover at the time.

I no longer take any supplements and have continued to do well following using brain retraining techniques for MCS and food sensitivities, but I would never have been able to get to that point without Freddd's protocol.

I was wondering if his current illness, the one people have spoken about above is related to CFS or something else - for example, diabetes or ???. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough when I asked my question.

Velha

Hi Velha,

It's great to hear that you have recovered from his protocol. I don't know about Freddd's current illness. I hope that he recovers from it soon. Also, if anyone is in touch with him,please let us know what is wrong with him. People here deeply care for him.

Red04

I hope Freddd has a speedy recovery. There is no doubt that his help saved my wife's life and I am forever grateful. We have a 10 week old, healthy son that wouldn't be here either without Freddd's help as well. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Velha

Can you expand on this? My wife is 95% recovered from CFS, but if she goes without supplements for 3-4 days, it comes roaring back. Depression/Anxiety creep in and fatigue a few days later. A few days on supplements and it fades away like nothing was ever wrong. The most difficult part is that she doesn't realize it. It creeps in so slowly that she doesn't feel it. I have to watch her and sometimes I miss the signs if we are busy or its over the weekend or traveling or something...

I think we have pretty much accepted that she will remain on the protocol indefinitely. We feel extremely fortunate after dealing with CFS for a few years, anxiety/depression and weak immune system most of her adult life. However, the thought of needing methylfolate/b12 for the rest of her life, without a real understanding of why, is a little uneasy.

I wasn't aware of anyone using the supplements to get well and staying off of them. So, I would like to hear more if there are others out there as well. I would like to think that it is diet related, but altering her diet significantly might be harder than taking the supplements.

Hi Red04,

I had recovered on Fredd's protocol, but I still always felt like I was pushing my body hard all the time. Too many symptoms to mention had gone away, but I still had some that remained which seemed to be related to systemic inflammation.

Stomach and intestinal issues (gastritis and IBS) that would return without supplemental support (this is in addition to Fredd's protocol, I took antimicrobial herbs and I took intestinal soothing remedies like DGL and others). I also suffered from diagnosed interstitial cystitis which remained very painful, tooth grinding in my sleep, eczema, had nervous system inflammation that resulted in numbness in my hands and feet (this went away, that is was not getting worse, with the protocol but would progress without twice daily mB12 injections, an old knee injury would always ached, and following an asbestos exposure I had painful lung inflammation that no one could explain (symptoms like that are supposed to take years to show up, but mine started about 45 minutes after the exposure).

I was on Freddd's protocol for about a year when a close family member was diagnosed with a terminal disease and died within a year. This was extremely stressful for me and I found myself getting worse and worse. All of the inflammatory symptoms above were at their worst when one day I decided to take some aspirin (something I had used all my life with no apparent issue) to see if the anti-inflammatory nature of it could help my symptoms. I was very suprised to find they all got much worse almost immediately after taking it!!

I searched on how I could possibly get the opposite effect and found the salicylate sensitivity forum:

http://www.salicylatesensitivity.com/forum/

From reading around this site I realized I had this and other chemical sensitivities - phenols, amines, sulfite...With so many of these sensitivities I realized I was potentially a "MCS", multiple chemical sensitivity patient rather than the CFS one I had always identified (as no energy and fatigue were my major symptom previously) myself as.

At this time I also felt that some of my supplements were contributing to my symptoms. I took much in excess of what Freddd recommends, thinking more is better. Lots of bioflavinoids, herbs, too much to mention... I stopped taking all supplements and I followed the instructions on that website for a low salicylate diet. I did this for about 6 months. I felt absolutely amazing!! All of the inflammatory symptoms were close to resolved, though low levels remained. I no longer grinded my teeth and could throw out my mouth guard and not suffer painful headaches, I no longer woke up many times a night to empty my painful irritated bladder, my knee symptoms and eczema went away...My energy was really better than I remembered since childhood.

I had a problem that many on the low salicylate diet experience. As I reduced salicylates I became more and more sensitive to them. I went from excluding high and very high foods, to needing to exclude the moderate ones to continue to feel as well, eventually even the low ones left me with some symptoms. If you read the food list you will see that this left me without much to eat. I was also dairy and gluten free, so, nothing much to eat at all.

Since I identified with MCS I was also reading more about it. I found an amazing website where many are getting completely well using brain retraining. The following links for have some success stories:

http://planetthrive.com/2011/04/eft/

http://planetthrive.com/2011/11/positive-choices/

http://planetthrive.com/2011/02/eft-for-mcs/

http://limbicretraining.com/contributors/kath/getting-my-life-back-using-eft/

There are programs you can buy, but I wasn't interested in spending more money, so I tried EFT. It's completely free and really worked well for me and some other on the site. This man in particular had success and I tried some of his suggestions ( the eye movement, humming, tapping, counting all at the same time, all day whenever I could for two days to have a complete reversal of all my food and chemical sensitivities - could tolerate alcohol and caffeine too, eat gluten and dairy and salicylates). I had a really great summer this year.

http://planetthrive.com/2012/03/t-cans-mcs-recovery/

When I got started I downloaded this free book. It covers so much on EFT and you don't need to buy any of the programs that are advertised to learn everything that is out there. If you can read and are willing to try different approaches this can help. The free ebook is here:

http://selfheal4me.com/

One comment I will add is that all of the brain retraining sites suggest a minimum of six months for your brain to cement new neural pathways once you have recovered. I stopped after ~6 weeks when I felt great and felt great for over 6+ months, but slowly my symptoms started coming back. They are very minimal but because of my history I recognize the path I am headed down and I am now tapping again. The symptoms slowly rebuilt as everytday life stresses rebuilt in me, some say EFT should be a lifelong tool to help deal with stress.
Velha

Idie

Hi Velha and Red,

I have heard from Fredd. He is recovering and will hopefully come back here soon. I will let him tell his story when he returns but suffice it to say, he has had a rough time of it. Fredd helped me when I was in pretty rough shape and I contribute my recovery to his protocol and advice. I don't know when he will feel well enough to return but I was relieved to hear from him and wanted you all to know that he is improving.

Idie

Idie

cph13

I am happy to know you have heard from him. I know I and many others were concerned.
So sorry to hear he has had a setback. Please tell him we wish him well, a speedy recovery and he is missed. Carol

Freddd

Hi Everybody,

Everything has ganged up on me; the anniversery of her death, the sentencing of the drunk driver who killed her, her birthday last week has left us all down, a FMS and neurological relapse that has become clear in retrospect, with a lot of instructive characteristics and the realization that I got too comfortable and wasn't paying attention to slow changes and got careless, behaving like I was an invulnerable 18 year old. I have a complete revison of things to get ready, integrating everything I have learned in the past 10 years. With the failure of Jarrow mb12 out of the 5 star category I had to retitrate and get my neurological healing going again leaving me in that volitile intense mood healing zone currently and lots of pain in my back, shoulders, arms and hands. These were the last to improve and first to worsen. I was so very sorry to hear of Rick's death during my absence. I had a whole load of new questions for him. I learned much in our dialogs.

maddietod

Hey, welcome back!!!! You have been deeply missed.

I'm sorry it's been such a rough time for you, on so many levels at once. Your strength is inspiring.

I'm looking forward to hearing your new ideas.

Madie