• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Possible cause found? Alpha or Beta Radiation.

snowathlete

It would explain why governments seem so keen not to take ME seriously.

I got I'll after moving to where I live now in Wiltshire right on top of old quarries that housed the main, now declassified, cold war bunker in the UK. There are other so called secret underground MOD stuff here now. Maybe something radioactive, who knows...as I type this it sounds so silly I don't really believe im writing it. I sound like a converted conspiracy theorist!

Enid

WW2 bunkers - we had them all round in the UK south east - the only problem is I wasn't there - sent to Cornwall far south west. But no chemical dangers there snowathlete - they simply did not have them.

Nielk

I'm kind of interested now in this topic since I was recently diagnosed with a meningioma.
The only predisposition for this is exposure to radiation.

As a teenager, I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and had multiple GI series done with barium x-rays.

Lou

I wonder if those wrist watches from the 1960's with illuminated dials were radioactive (something sure made them glow in the dark).

SilverbladeTE

Enid
they tested VX nerve gas, in open air sprays from helicopters, in porton Down in England
talk about cuckoo :p
And several ex-military bases in Uk are contaminated by buried mustard and phosgenegas from WW1
and as I explained, here, about mile from me they dug up from under a scrapyard 100 tons of 12inch battleship shells and 40+ tons of other crap...they were planning on building house son it and it was right at corner of major housing scheme
lol, join the conspiracy crackpots! be one in the madness! :p

Lou
yes that stuff was radioactive radium used up to 1960s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radium_dials
Radium dials were almost always painted by young women, who used to 'point' their brushes by licking and shaping the bristles prior to painting the fine lines and numbers on the dials. This practice resulted in the ingestion of radium, which caused serious jaw-bone degeneration and malignancy and other dental diseases reminiscent of phossy jaw. The disease, radium-induced osteonecrosis, was recognized as an occupational disease in 1925 after a group of radium painters, known as the Radium Girls, from the United States Radium Corporation sued. By 1930 all dial painters stopped pointing their brushes by mouth. Stopping this practice drastically reduced the amount of radium ingested and therefore, the incidence of malignancy, to zero by 1950 among the workers who were studied.
"Luminous Processes employees interviewed by a journalist in 1978 had been left ignorant of radium's dangers. They were told that eliminating lippointing had ended earlier problems. They worked in unvented rooms, they wore smocks that they laundered at home. Geiger counters could pick up readings from pants returned from a dry cleaner and from clothes stored away in a cedar chest."[1]
[edit] Safety

Although radium dials may no longer produce light, this is frequently due to the breakdown of the crystal structure of zinc sulfide rather than the radioactive decay of the radium, which has a half-life of about 1600 years.[2] Thus, even very old radium dials remain radioactive. Radium paint can be ingested by inhaling flaking paint from radium dials, leading to radiation poisoning. One estimate of radiation exposure caused by wearing a watch painted with radium is 10-1000 millirads.

snowathlete

The only definite radiation exposure I've had was a radioactive bone scan, that I had a few months before getting ME. Still skeptical tho. Do we even know where this paper will be published and when?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Anyone remember xray shoe fitting machines? Don't know what kind of radiation it was but it can't be good :confused:

images
images

taniaaust1

I am sceptical of this suggestion of radiation, because the fact is, radiation sufficient to cause such harm is detecttable
and, in quantities enough to do such damage throught the system or to a major organ, you'd have massive incidences of cancer, and death, it would show up every time folk took an x-ray, the poor sods would be glowing on the exposures! (though probably not for some alpha emitters)
however, it is interesting.

From what Ive seen it is possible for some to react abnormally to radiation which others could handle no problems. Im saying this due to something weird which happened with my daughter (note..she dont have ME/CFS thou has had a ton of trouble in her childhood which probably indicates some immune abnormality).

My daughter when she was 10-11 years old, her father decided to come back into her life. He had a computer at his place which his whole family used with no trouble. On one of her visits there, she used their computer for a couple of hours and it actually burnt her skin. All her exposed skin of her upper body looked like it had been severely sun burnt.. she was so bad that she actually blistered some. (she hadnt been outside.. just spent a couple of hours or so on thier computer).

After that I made him buy a special radiation screen for his computer and she had no issues with it after that. Anyway its interesting that that computer only affected her and not the rest of his family or the other kids who were younger then her.

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Anyone remember xray shoe fitting machines? Don't know what kind of radiation it was but it can't be good :confused:

images
images

Ah the joys of standing in one of these in the local big department store watching your foot bones for minutes on end while your mum chatted to the shoe salesperson - 'look, I'm a skelertin!'

Of course I asssume any doses were negligible as long as the machine was properly
shielded?

This x-ray fluorescence machine is one of the thousands used in shoe stores to produce images of feet as a check on the fit of shoes. They are unshielded and remain on as long as the feet are in them, producing doses much greater than medical images. Children were fascinated with them. These machines were used in shoe stores until laws preventing such unwarranted radiation exposure were enacted in the 1950s.
http://cnx.org/content/m42652/latest/?collection=col11406/latest

Eeeek!
But of course they're banned now (although still going in the 1960's/70's in my neck of the woods).

Joking aside, while its fun to speculate we could have a much more informed discussion if and when a paper is published.

snowathlete

This x-ray fluorescence machine is one of the thousands used in shoe stores to produce images of feet as a check on the fit of shoes. They are unshielded and remain on as long as the feet are in them, producing doses much greater than medical images. Children were fascinated with them. These machines were used in shoe stores until laws preventing such unwarranted radiation exposure were enacted in the 1950s.

WHAT?!
I was born in the early 80's. I cannot believe these things were used back in the 60s and 70s. Thats mental!
Man, its a wonder the human race survived for me to even be born!

Articles are now posted on Gail Kansky's site The National CFIDS Foundation...Publication soon to follow now...U.K. Scientists are also involved including numerous radiation experts...Gail's team proved many moons ago Stat-1 meant viral or bacterial causes were impossible...Also understand numerous reporters who get too close to these illnesses are demoted or working in small towns...In 2008 Hawaii proved auto immune system links but Science takes decades to catch on...Let's now let Scientists step in to prove this is it or it's not...All I can do as a person who is sick as well is try my best to help everyone with the Science that crosses my desk, I am not a blogger nor am I some kind of computer genius or a medical expert I was a former Executive labor union official also at school working on a commercial pilots ratings and I went from a top conditioned boxer to an acute illness the following day and lost everything in June of 1990...All I can do is try to help all of you the best way possible, if I knew a cure existed tomorrow nobody would step in my ways whatsoever I would try to inform all of you the best way I could do that so for all of you who believe it's possible or true or not instead of going back and forth fighting or comments let's all try our best to get as much of this information now out to all patients medias t.v. radio newspapers and let science do what they are suppose to do ok and that's finding the reasons and treatments for us ok...Please try and spread as much as possible this information whether you believe or not let doctors scientists conlude the information now at hand...God bless everyone of you out there I want all of you to be well ok I am for all of you not your enemy...Blesses always Aidan Walsh...p.s. may God Almighty walk beside you or carry you all in these trying times blesses...

It would explain why governments seem so keen not to take ME seriously.

I got I'll after moving to where I live now in Wiltshire right on top of old quarries that housed the main, now declassified, cold war bunker in the UK. There are other so called secret underground MOD stuff here now. Maybe something radioactive, who knows...as I type this it sounds so silly I don't really believe im writing it. I sound like a converted conspiracy theorist!
Scientists involved now will prove or rule it out but it could be why we are so sick...

Articles are now posted on Gail Kansky's site The National CFIDS Foundation...Publication soon to follow now...U.K. Scientists are also involved including numerous radiation experts...Gail's team proved many moons ago Stat-1 meant viral or bacterial causes were impossible...Also understand numerous reporters who get too close to these illnesses are demoted or working in small towns...In 2008 Hawaii proved auto immune system links but Science takes decades to catch on...Let's now let Scientists step in to prove this is it or it's not...All I can do as a person who is sick as well is try my best to help everyone with the Science that crosses my desk, I am not a blogger nor am I some kind of computer genius or a medical expert I was a former Executive labor union official also at school working on a commercial pilots ratings and I went from a top conditioned boxer to an acute illness the following day and lost everything in June of 1990...All I can do is try to help all of you the best way possible, if I knew a cure existed tomorrow nobody would step in my ways whatsoever I would try to inform all of you the best way I could do that so for all of you who believe it's possible or true or not instead of going back and forth fighting or comments let's all try our best to get as much of this information now out to all patients medias t.v. radio newspapers and let science do what they are suppose to do ok and that's finding the reasons and treatments for us ok...Please try and spread as much as possible this information whether you believe or not let doctors scientists conlude the information now at hand...God bless everyone of you out there I want all of you to be well ok I am for all of you not your enemy...Blesses always Aidan Walsh...p.s. may God Almighty walk beside you or carry you all in these trying times blesses...
*****Please share my response here so all can see what I just wrote to you I am busy now trying to inform news outlets as well...THANKS APRECIATED AIDAN WALSH

A cause has been found for cfs/fibro...Paper has been submitted for publication and Alpha radiation or Beta radiation are responsible...Both tests were done with urine analysis...More news will be coming out very soon and also Drs. Klimas & Peterson are also finding CD-56 brights cells at Bond University in Austrailia which is also a marker for radiation ionizing injuries...This will be the third time radiation has been mentioned associated will illness prior at Wayne State University researchers found in Gulf War Vets blood using a procedure called 'Sky Test' chromosone breakage and translocations...

Years back researchers at the Uiversity of Hawaii looked at cfs/gwi/fibro and had said there is absolutely no difference in illnesses they are all the same...This same research team tested thousands of samples across the globe and found that they were all positives to ciguatera (epitopes) which actually meant the ciguatera was different than others because something was not right about this infection and the key found now is linked back to the recent finds of ionizing radiation...I believe now that this cause will change the path only forward for much needed serious fundings and I can assure all of you here now that the scientists involved in this ground breaking research are the best and will have no problems whatsoever proving their research is correct and a true cause to suffering has been found..

.Chernobyl, even spent Military dumpings in the oceans are also being mentioned so are the 1986-1988 imports of foods to North America with contaminations from Chernobyl fallouts...For all of you who have not seen the Discovery Channel 4 part series this will give you an idea about these findings through U-tube 'google' search this 'gulf war vets conspiracy blood test' parts 1 to 4...

God bless all of you and if you need to reach me I am on Facebook Southampton area Aidan Walsh you will see a gold Angel as my profile picture...

Blesses everyone also red grapes 'skin' may help also Aloe Vera plant 'pure sap' and also Reservatrol but discuss things with your Doctors...

I also posted on my timeline about a patent filed on treating Chernobyl children with Spirulina that reduced radiation as much as 50% over a 45 day period...

Take care more good news coming out soon do not give up and never give in to the phycobabblers uneducated lies, Court if you need to reach me I believe you have my email address ok bye everyone x x hang in there their are great minds working very hard for everyone and new medicines are also being looked into and this also looks to be involved in numerous other illnesses with the potential as markers for auto immune disorders....................................BLESSES..............................
THE NATIONAL CFIDS FOUNDATION WEBSITE HAS NOW POSTED INFOMATION MENTIONED ABOVE SO YOU ALL CAN CHECK OUT GAIL KANKY'S POSTINGS OK SHE HAS GIVEN ME PERMISSION TO INFORM EVERYONE GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU LET'S LET SCIENCE NOW STEP IN...WHOEVER KNOWS HOW TO POST HER SITE INFO. PLEASE DO SO THANKS...LET'S GO EVERYONE LET MEDIA KNOW AS WELL...

Wifi123

After reading all of the postings, actually you are looking in the wrong direction. I have been through all this stuff over the past 42 years with PTSD, ME, CFS, SBS, IBS, BMS, FMS, EMS, ES and EHS. And after 42 years of research the offending causation factor of ME/CFS is the disruption of the central nervous system, as stated by WHO a few years ago, by the non-ionised electro magnetic radiation and electrical magnetic radiation from cell phones and towers, Wi Fi towers, Wi Fi hotspots, wireless computer setups (modems, routers, and mouse), DECT phones (the most dangerous of all) and smart metres. Most of ME/CFS sufferers were probably living in house with faulty eletrical wiring, or close-by high power transmission lines, or underground power sources. The Alpha/Beta radiation is something that the Russians used against the US Embassy in the early 1970s. The Russians used a microwave oven. In Russia the microwave overn is banned, because the Russians know what it can do, and it causes Radio Sickness which is similar to ME/CFS symptoms. and ES/EHS symptoms. Well that is what I have discovered over the past 42 years. Blessings.

SilverbladeTE

if the Russians had use Alpha radiation against the US embassy in Moscow, we'd all know about it, because it would have started a war.
Alpha radiation is incredibly short ranged, basically it has to be inside you, to harm you, such as polonium
and it's incredibly damaging, hence powerful alpha emitters when ingested kill ya, again, like polonium

Alpha and beta radiation do not come form microwave ovens.
some folks need to read up on ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, or go back to school ;)

US/russia did do a lot of dirty tricks on each other, including lots of silly stuff with each other's embassies, mostly bugging, and sure I wouldn't put it past 'em to try using EMF to induce sickness or intefere
again though it's easily detectable. :rolleyes:

Microwave ovens were NOT banned in the USSR, though I cna well believe they were discouraged/fobbed off or what have you by government, because of expense, power drain on the Russian's so-so electrical supply, and Soviet build quality sucked ass so not something you'd want to risk having in yer kitchen!