• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transition season, histamine and detox

I wonder if negative symptoms such as tiredness in the transition season connects to higher level of histamine or other body's response to it in this season. How do you deal with histamine levels? I try to avoid from nutrition which increase the histamine level.
Does histamine has a connection to detox process? Does the immune system powerful reaction on this season means there're more toxins which remain in the bloodstream?

Seven7

Seven
OMG I was just gona post on the subject. I FIGURE IT OUT. :balloons: 100% Sure, I have had 3 relapses and everytime they happen in the fall season :eek: . I just remember everytime I got sick I went home so I can look back and they all coincide with the fall allergies which is when I react the worse!!!

So I started to be more diligent w the nose spray (AH1) and see if I can do better this season and avoid relapse.:thumbsup:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
OMG I was just gona post on the subject. I FIGURE IT OUT. :balloons: 100% Sure, I have had 3 relapses and everytime they happen in the fall season :eek: . I just remember everytime I got sick I went home so I can look back and they all coincide with the fall allergies which is when I react the worse!!!

So I started to be more diligent w the nose spray (AH1) and see if I can do better this season and avoid relapse.:thumbsup:

I my experience nose spray is not enough in the fall and spring. Maybe look at other options too?

Sushi

what does the change in seasons have to do with histamine.
Change in season cause to allergies to many people with unsolved conditions in the body. Allergy release histamine and it can cause muscles contraction (when the muscle shrinks) and blood vessels expansion . If at least a part of the cfs story is actually a kind of strong allergy to toxins,which are also located inside the cells,tissues so the body has stronger reactions to this in times of seasons change.

Seven7

Seven
Nice to know spray will not be enough. I will try Allegra instead / also?. How much Histamine do i need? I don't like benadryl because it dries me out.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Nice to know spray will not be enough. I will try Allegra instead / also?. How much Histamine do i need? I don't like benadryl because it dries me out.

Of course we all respond differently, but during allergy season I need a nasal spray, an antihistamine such as Allegra (I sometimes even need to double the dose), plus nasal irrigation with saline with an electric, pulsing neti-pot type machine.

Sushi

Hey, I know it's a old thread, but maybe it can revive. For a couple of years the transition season was crucial for my illness - I got low grade fever every beginning of spring (April), which would at the beginng of fall (September).

I don't have any allergy and I think it was a matter of serotonin/melatonin balance, as the latter has anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine properties.

Here's my short story: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ly-symptom-spring-summer-exacerbations.42599/