• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2012 Chase Community Giving Contest - Voting, Promoting (Ways to Help!)

Merry

Neuro Immune Diseases Alliance (NIDA) is at 58th with 860 votes.

Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation is at 118th with 489 votes.

If these two organizations can at least hold their positions they will win $20,000 and $10,000 respectively.

The other ME/CFS organizations, I believe, are not on the leaderboard.

frenchtulip

FundraisingPic_6.jpg

frenchtulip

Here is another great contest poster for us to use! If you are on Facebook, there is a version you can "Share" at ME Awareness: Words and Pictures: https://www.facebook.com/MEAwarenessPics?ref=ts
You may wish to include the contest standings when you post. Below is today's update from ME Awaress:
Chase Community Giving has entered into its second half and your votes are needed more than ever. Here are the current standings of the eight ME/CFS organizations taking part this year (in order of number of current votes):

Neuro-Immune Disease Alliance (NIDA) 1,020 votes
Phoenix Rising An NEID Corporation 534 votes
Rocky Mountains CFS Association Inc 69 votes
Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research (OFFER) 62 votes
New Jersey CFS Association 46 votes
Enterovirus Foundation 38 votes
Wisconsin CFS Association 14 votes
HHV-6 Foundation 2 votes

Please consider casting your votes and encouraging others to do so too. Currently, only the top two of our organizations are in line to win but this can change very quickly so more votes are always needed.

Merry

As of 8:30 EST:

Neuro Immune Diseases Alliance (NIDA) 63rd with 1085 votes.

Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation 142nd with 551 votes.

These two organizations, which have been in the running to win cash, continue to slide in the standings.

Anne

Scandinavia is pitching in!

RME, the Swedish national ME Association, has created a Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/143503745793340/

- and RME has also sent an e-mail to all members, encouraging them to vote for Phoenix Rising and NIDA

ME Foreningen, a Danish ME Association, has created an event too:
https://www.facebook.com/events/103252766495772/

Norges ME-forening, the Norwegian national ME Assocation, has posted on its wall:
https://www.facebook.com/MEforeningen?ref=ts

And the Norwegian journalist and author of the book about ME "De bortgjemte" (The Hidden Ones), Jorgen Jelstad, has posted on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/De-Bortgjemte/273407159344792

Can we Nordic advocates challenge the rest of you....? ;-)

PS. Cort and other PR team members, are you OK? I haven't seen posts in a while. Hoping all is well and that you're not giving up on Chase!

Merry

Contest stats as of 8:15 EST today:

Neuro Immune Diseases Alliance 62nd with 1279 votes
Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation 153rd with 624 votes

So, NIDA up one position from yesterday. Phoenix Rising continues to slide.

ME/CFS organizations not on the leaderboard:

Rocky Mountain Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association 79 votes
New Jersey Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association 49 votes
Enterovirus Foundation 43 votes
HHV-6 Foundation 2 votes

Six more days in the contest.

Merry

Contest stats as of 8:30 am EST:

Neuro Immune Diseases Alliance is 66th with 1555 votes. Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation is 161th with 761 votes.

Other ME/CFS organizations continue to pull in some votes but still are not on the leaderboard. Rocky Mountain CFS Association is top of this group with 83 votes. To get on the leaderboard, an organization would need at least 668 votes.

Four days remain in the contest.

Thanks to all who are helping out.

taniaaust1

Yesterday I emailed the SA CFS society (I would of done it earlier but Ive had to much other stuff to sort out) , asking if they could put something on their site up about chase and ask for needed last votes for the two ME/CFS orgs (I had all the needed info in my email to try to make sure that time and effort wouldnt stop that being done).

Unfortunately thou that didnt happen (or maybe they just didnt get to reading my email) as todays international news on the site is about the lack of virus findings :( .

Merry

Yesterday I emailed the SA CFS society (I would of done it earlier but Ive had to much other stuff to sort out) , asking if they could put something on their site up about chase and ask for needed last votes for the two ME/CFS orgs (I had all the needed info in my email to try to make sure that time and effort wouldnt stop that being done).

Unfortunately thou that didnt happen (or maybe they just didnt get to reading my email) as todays international news on the site is about the lack of virus findings :( .

Thanks for your effort, tania. frenchtulip emailed the organizations in Australia and New Zealand right before the contest started, and then one of us sent a follow up message about voting strategy to the same organizations. I believe that SA CFS Society was on the list, but I'm not thinking clearly at this point. I can see that having someone who is a citizen of the same country contact organizations might be more effective.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
The newsletter that Cort put out last night has really helped!

We were are 179 Tues 6:00 PM, now we are at 163 Wed 5:30 - what a great boost.

It's still tough for both orgs - unfortunately NIDA still slipping down to 84 from 79 last night.

Nielk

We - each one of us can make a difference.
Only 12 hours left.
Your vote can mean the difference of $30,000.
$20,000 for NIDA
$10,000 for PR

This is a lot of money for just a few mouse clicks!

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
We are getting it done in this last minute push:

In the 6:18 PM leaderboard update -
- PR climbed up to 136! :p
- NIDA has moved down to 87 since this AM at 84, however from a post above I see that NIDA was in even worse spot earlier today - so C'mon Midnight - we are ready for you!!