• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising close to winning $10,000 - Last few days. Vote now!

Chase is giving lots of money away in their Facebook vote off extravaganza

Phoenix Rising is currently 155 on the Leaderboard with 913 votes, and any organisation in the top 196 wins $10,000. Yes, that's a lot of money for relatively few votes.
Voting ends in a few days - this Weds 19th at Midnight (EST)

PR is hovering just 107 votes above the cut-off point for zero money. Voting speeds up as the deadline approaches and we will need a lot more votes to secure the $10,000. Every extra vote is crucial to securing that money.
To vote, go to Phoenix Rising's page at Chase Giving and Vote

Note: Before you can vote, you will be asked to accept the Chase Giving app on your facebook page: it's harmless enough and you can always delete it when the voting is over (facebook instructions on deleting apps).

ps if you want to have twice the impact, read how to get a bonus vote

Countdown to $10,000, maybe more!

Here's a graph showing where we stand at the moment, just inside the safety zone for $10,000. We'd be on track for $20,000 if we had another 474 votes today.

*UPDATE*

View the Post on the Blog

So anyone with a facebook account can just go to this page: http://fb.chasegiving.com/charity/view/ein/27-3313361 , accept the Chase Giving app, and then vote for Phoenix Rising?

By golly-gosh, that was so easy and fun that I'd have done it even if these votes wouldn't allow us to win $10,000 to help provide new information services to patients! I'll be sure to share the thrill of voting with as many people as I can on facebook - woot-woot!

Last year, voting really picked up in the last two days, as organisations who only need a few hundred more votes to win $10,000 really put in an extra effort, so we'll have to as well. It would be terrible to miss out at that end by only a few votes.

1,000 Votes!

Just checked (see post for timestamp), we have 1,006 votes. Unfortunately those below us seem to be adding votes faster than us but we are in the race.

ps those figures posted by Merry above are from the leaderboard which unfortunately isn't live and was last updated 6am EST. Next one due 6pm EST.

1,000 Votes!

Just checked (see post for timestamp), we have 1,006 votes. Unfortunately those below us seem to be adding votes faster than us but we are in the race.

ps those figures posted by Merry above are from the leaderboard which unfortunately isn't live and was last updated 6am EST. Next one due 6pm EST.
Oops. Sorry, Simon. I'm getting mixed up. Contest fatigue.

Here's an email I just sent out to my friends - we need one last push, and perhaps if a few of us do this it will get us over the line...

Subject: Urgent Appeal: 24 hours to go: Please Vote on Facebook to help us win $10k

Hi,

Apologies for the mass email but I really need the help of all Facebookers: Phoenix Rising has just over 24 hours left in the Chase Giving contest, and we are touch and go to win $10,000 - money that would make a huge difference to us. All I need is a couple of minutes of your time to vote for us - and every vote really does count. This contest will be decided by a handful of votes, and we are at real risk of missing out at the last minute.

All you have to do is go to Phoenix Rising's page at Chase Giving, and vote for us:

http://fb.chasegiving.com/charity/view/ein/27-3313361

Of course, if you can ask your facebook friends to vote for us too, that'd be even better! :)

Full instructions are here:

http://phoenixrising.me/

You have to accept the Chase Giving app on your facebook page, but it's harmless enough and you can delete it when the voting is over at 5am on Thursday 20th - instructions on how to do that are here:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=170585223002660

Phoenix Rising operates on a very small budget and this money would really make all the difference to us, so I really hope you can help us out.

Thanks ever so much,

Mark

This is going to be so tight!

Sliding down here but as at 2.30am EST Weds (7.30 BST) I would say we are just about holding are own in the bottom 20 - despite having jumped to 1,120 votes. It will be a photo finish. Please contact anyone you can to vote.
PR1,3.jpg

I wonder if any votes meant for this PR got diverted to this other one:
PHOENIX RISING

PO Box 17936, Nashville, TN, 37217
EIN: 30-0548817

votes

Hi, Sherlock.

On the first day of the contest, I read at the Facebook ME/CFS Fundraising Group that someone mistakenly voted for the wrong organization "Phoenix Rising" rather than Cort Johnson's "Phoenix Rising an NEID Corporation." Those working on the contest have repeatedly pointed out which organization is the correct one, especially here on these forums.