• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where exactly does the money go from Chase, etc.

This is probably a stupid question, only because I have not read through the threads. Who gets the
charitable donations? And what is it exactly used for? probably not any personal assistance for patients....?
Inquiring minds :)
B

CJB

I know if Phoenix Rising wins, they have plans for building member/patient resources here. I think it's probably in the first article announcing the contest. Each contestant probably has different purposes for the money. I'm not familiar with any that are planning on providing direct patient assistance. Good question.

*GG*

No stupid questions. Here is the post that Phoeinix Rising posted about what it would try to do with any winnings:

http://phoenixrising.me/archives/13427

:)

Yes, another similare link:
http://phoenixrising.me/archives/13417

Phoenix Rising’s Winnings

Phoenix Rising has several projects it could spend the winnings on. Check some of them our here:
  • Rate a Practitioner program - to help ME/CFS patients save time, money and improve their health by finding good doctors and avoiding bad ones
  • Community Rising program - to break up the isolation and connect people in their local communities, provide avenues for assistance, reviews of local clinics and physicians, etc.
  • Making the Forums More Accessible to the Visually Impaired - upgrading the Forums so that as many as possible can participate.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
most of the orgs have listed what they will be doing with the funds in their purpose statements (which can be read at the voting pages on the Chase FB application).

PR is in the thread already.

NIDA is here:

*"NIDA"* will be giving the entire winning grant to* The OMI-MERIT
Initiative* described below. We have a chance to win $10,000 -
$250,000 for specific research projects that are waiting to be
started, simply by getting the most votes in this contest!

$5 million is up for grabs to 196 winning charities.

"The OMI-MERIT Initiative" is a specific list of high-priority
projects focused on finding diagnostic tools and treatments, including
a Rituxan clinical trial, that was created and agreed upon by a global
consortium of world renowned researchers and clinicians including, in
alphabetical order, Drs. Lucinda Bateman, Yenan Bryceson, Ron Davis,
David Dreyfus, Oystein Fluge, Mady Hornig, Nancy Klimas, Andy Kogelnik
(Chair), Charles Lapp, Jay Levy, Alan Light, Kathleen Light, Sonya
Marshall, Mauro Malnati, Olav Mella, Jose Montoya, Dan Peterson,
Simone Pensieroso, Ila Singh, Carmen Scheibenbogen, Charles Shepherd,
and Rosamund Vallings .

Thank you from all of us working for a CFS/ME free world!

Regards,
Andy

Andreas M. Kogelnik, MD, PhD
Open Medicine Institute

and all the orgs are here

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
the year that P.A.N.D.O.R.A. was running, some of the money did go to personal assistance for patients. Also, some of the orgs this year maintain help lines and support groups and things of that nature, although I'm not aware of them doing the types of things that Pandora does. (they could and I just don't know about that, though)

K2 for Hope

ALways Hoping
larae,

Possibly, if you stated what type of "personal assistance" you were looking for, either here or in a new thread, someone might be able to point you in a direction of help.