• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Power Plate

carolwxyz99

I was wondering if anyone has tried using a power plate and if it helped or caused a post exercise crash? I have occasionally seen ME/CFS people referring to using one. However I have looked at videos and the excercises shown look very inappropriate for those with ME/CFS. Or is there a special way people with ME/CFS could use one without having to exercise on it?

perchance dreamer

I was interested, also, because of how the vibrations can help with bone density. However, there can be side effects from this kind of technology such as retinal detachment.

Marg

I was interested, also, because of how the vibrations can help with bone density. However, there can be side effects from this kind of technology such as retinal detachment.

Today on www.mercola.com there is an entire piece on the power plate. Today is September 8, in case people read this later. You can run a search on it. Mercola has a lot about it in his archives.

I use the lowest setting and started at l minute. I worked up slowly to 5 and will stay there..that is like 30 minutes of exercise, it is a gentle movement. I over did it at first thinking it was nothing and went too high and was very sore the next day. I did not have PEM in the sense of feeling very tired. You can add more but just the gentle lowest setting is okay for me.

Marg

Today on www.mercola.com there is an entire piece on the power plate. Today is September 8, in case people read this later. You can run a search on it. Mercola has a lot about it in his archives.

I use the lowest setting and started at l minute. I worked up slowly to 5 and will stay there..that is like 30 minutes of exercise, it is a gentle movement. I over did it at first thinking it was nothing and went too high and was very sore the next day. I did not have PEM in the sense of feeling very tired. You can add more but just the gentle lowest setting is okay for me.

PS I do nothing but stand on it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
PS I do nothing but stand on it.

I've used this machine with no ill effects. I haven't used it enough to know whether there would be good effects, but my doctor recommended it for bone strength.

I've used it for 5 minutes at a time--like Marg, just standing on it.

Sushi

Marlène

I used it in 2006-07-08 before I completely crashed, still thinking I could do some sports to improve my health.
End 2008 I ended up near unconscious for 3 months, then in a dark room for another 11 months. The next year completely bedridden or in a wheelchair for occasional tours.Etc.

Recently I read on a forum of MS people that some patients completely collapsed for months after an earthquake. Their theory was that the vibrations had released parasites/toxins/... - whatever it was that made them ill - of their arteries and released it in the bloodstream again.

When I fell of the stairs as a child, I remember my blood values were completely messed up too. I spent two weeks in hospital so the earthquake link triggered me right away.

Marg

Yes, it is true even at a low Power Plate setting there is some detoxing and the lympth gets moving. This is a good thing, the trick is slow and low. I remember the time I overdid it, when I got off my eyes were so gunky I could hardly see..

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yes, it is true even at a low Power Plate setting there is some detoxing and the lympth gets moving. This is a good thing, the trick is slow and low. I remember the time I overdid it, when I got off my eyes were so gunky I could hardly see..

Agreed, one reason I have been using it is to try to get lymph moving. Low and slow--true for so many approaches to this illness.

Sushi

carolwxyz99

Thanks Marg. Its interesting that you are getting benefits just standing on it. I guess one could just sit on it too.

I can see why one would want to start slowly cos of getting too much lymph moving to quickly. I use a chi machine which is fantastic, but I had to start on that very very slowly (30 seconds) and take additional detox support to start with, or the movement just bunged a whole lot of toxins in my blood that I could not get rid of.