• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chase III: Maximizing Your Chase Vote: the Bonus Vote Exchange

If you're not sure how to vote on Chase or if you don't want to use the exchange please check out the blog coming just after this one...(This blog is out of order purposefully so we could link to it from the next one)..

This blog explains Bonus Voting and sets up a Exchange we can use to get ME/CFS organizations more votes.

First some basics about Bonus Votes...if you know these already skip down to the Exchange..

To Get a Bonus Vote

The best strategy we can come up with to get ME/CFS orgs as many votes as possible is to never vote from the organizations profile page

Sharing Content - To get a bonus vote Chase wants you to share information on an organization you like with a friend and then have them vote for that organization.

There are two catches.... the person voting for the organization must click on your link and then vote without going to any other pages....and you only get one Bonus Vote.

How to Share An Organization

a) go to an organization's Chase Giving page by going to this page , clicking on 'Vote Now' and then using their search engine. Be sure to use the exact name of the organization (see below). The 'Phoenix Rising' listed is not us; we are "Phoenix Rising An NEID Corporation.
and then use the Like/Send/Twitter buttons below the profile or the link in the box in an email to send the Chase Giving request.

a) Like button - clicking the 'Like button - this will put the organization's content on your newsfeed or timeline. Then one of your Facebook Friends (only your friends can see your timeline) can vote.

b) Clicking on the 'Send' button - will send the organization's profile to a person's Facebook or to their twitter account. If they click on the link they can vote. Here's a sample...."One of my favorite ME/CFS organizations, Phoenix Rising, has the opportunity to win 10K in the Chase contest. Please click on this link and then vote! "

c) Twitter - click on the twitter button to send a request on twitter.

c) Linking - taking the link provided below the Send and Like buttons and paste it into an email asking a friend to vote for it.

The Bonus Vote 'Exchange'

You can do two things in this exchange
  • get yourself a Bonus Vote
  • help others to get Bonus Votes
We want to pair people up....The easiest way to do this is to probably to interact using the private messages (conversations) on the Forum.....or provide your Facebook account/email address on this thread if you feel comfortable doing that.

Pairing up People Who Have Votes Left- Eric just came up with this gem of an idea. Two people who have votes left pair up; they use the SEND button on an organizations profile to send that link to each other's Timeline and then vote using the link on the Timeline. Both then get bonus votes.....all they need is each others Facebook address to do this...

If you have votes left and want to do this please say so in the comments section. . If you would like to pair with that person either PM them or leave your name in the comments section...As soon as you pair up with that person delete your comment - keeping the thread from filling up.

You Have No Votes Left But Would Like to Get a Bonus Vote - simply volunteer to send an organizations Chase Profile to someone else - thus securing you a bonus vote. Request to be contacted on the thread itself, via PM or leave your Facebook account number or email address. Once you send that link off come back here and delete your request - thus keeping the thread from filling up...

Remember only one Bonus Vote per person; you can only do this once...:)

Any other ideas or comments? Please let us know.[/quote]View the Post on the Blog

I need a bonus point, too. Anyone out there who wants to vote for Phoenix Rising who would let me send a link of PR's profile page at Chase Community Giving website? Please PM me. Thanks.

I need a bonus point, too. Anyone out there who wants to vote for Phoenix Rising who would let me send a link of PR's profile page at Chase Community Giving website? Please PM me. Thanks.
Merry, You've got this backward, I'm afraid. In order for you to get a bonus vote, You send someone else a link (when you vote) and when they click on your link and vote then you get your bonus vote.(see Cort's post above yours)

Does anyone know if it is possible to send someone a link if you have already voted twice. (you didn't understand and therefore didn't get your bonus vote)

That is why I keep saying, please folks, PICK A PARTNER BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!

Merry, You've got this backward, I'm afraid. In order for you to get a bonus vote, You send someone else a link (when you vote) and when they click on your link and vote then you get your bonus vote.(see Cort's post above yours)

Does anyone know if it is possible to send someone a link if you have already voted twice. (you didn't understand and therefore didn't get your bonus vote)

That is why I keep saying, please folks, PICK A PARTNER BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!
Right - this is VERY confusing..

Partnering up first and trading votes (links) is the best....

Then doing what I and Merry are trying, since we didn't do that....sending links so that we can get bonus votes...is next...

It's really rather hard to comprehend :confused: ... I still have to whirl it around in my head.

I think the trick is to get as many of our friends involved as possible. We need to have get our FB friends voting! Below is the message I’ve sent out to my FB contacts - maybe someone would like to copy/adjust it and use it. I tried to make the instructions as simple as possible. (The direct links don’t seem to work too well, so I involved the Search engine in my message. And my choice of organizations stems from the fact that NIDA and PR are on the Top200 list at the moment and seem to stand a chance - plus they won the FB poll the other day.) /Anne

Friends, please help us raise money for ME/CFS research by voting in the Chase Community Giving Contest. Previous Chase contests have resulted in $170.000 to ME/CFS research – this time we can win some more! Help us by voting – it only takes a few minutes.

Vote before Sept 19. Each person has two votes (plus a possible bonus vote, see below). Here’s how:

1. Go to Chase Community Giving’s FB page and click “Like” (if you haven’t done this previously).
https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving?ref=ts

2. Then go to this page:
https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving/app_162065369655

NOTE: The Chase FB site is overloaded at times, so if it behaves weirdly, please try again later!

3. In "Search charities", type NIDA, and "Neuro Immune Disease Alliance" will appear. Click "Vote". At the question "Allow" or "Allow App", click Yes.

Once you have voted, click the "Like" button and write a short message to post it on your timeline (if someone then follows the link and votes you get a bonus vote).

4. Then please return to
https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving/app_162065369655
and in the box "Search Charities", type NEID. Then vote for "Phoenix Rising, an NEID corporation".

5. Send this message on and ask your friends to vote too!

6. If you get a bonus vote, you can use it to vote for NIDA or Phoenix Rising NEID again, but you have to wait a while.

The top 200 organizations will receive $10.000 each.

Many thanks!

The top 200 organizations will receive $10.000 each.

Thanks, Anne. Good idea. I didn't look at your message to your friends closely but did notice in the sentence before the end that the number has a period in it where a comma belongs. At least that's what it looks like to my tired eyes. :)

OK, new version of the message with commas in the sums of money (is that what you meant?) and, more importantly: now with direct links to the two organizations – much easier! /Anne

Friends, please help us raise money for ME/CFS research by voting in the Chase Community Giving Contest. Previous Chase contests have resulted in $170,000 to ME/CFS research – this time we can win some more! Help us by voting – it only takes a few minutes.

Vote before Sept 19. Each person has two votes (plus a possible bonus vote, see below). Here’s how:

NOTE: The Chase FB site is overloaded at times, so if it behaves weirdly, please try again later!

1. Go to Chase Community Giving’s FB page and click “Like” (if you haven’t done this previously).
https://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving?ref=ts

2. Go to this page:
http://fb.chasegiving.com/charity/view/ein/27-2861703

(Or type NIDA in the box “"Search charities".) "Neuro Immune Disease Alliance" will appear. Click "Vote". At the question "Allow" or "Allow App", click Yes.

Once you have voted, click the "Like" button and write a short message to post it on your timeline (if someone then follows the link and votes you get a bonus vote).

3. Then go to this page:
http://fb.chasegiving.com/charity/view/ein/27-3313361

(Or type NEID in the box "Search Charities".) "Phoenix Rising, an NEID corporation" will appear. Click “Vote” and then click “Like” and write a short message for your timeline.

4. Send this message on and ask your friends to vote too!

5. If you get a bonus vote, you can use it to vote for NIDA or Phoenix Rising NEID again, but you have to wait a while.

The top 200 organizations will receive $10,000 each.

Many thanks!

NIDA (Neuro-immune Disease Alliance) is in the top 100 with over 200 votes, Phoenix Rising is just out of the top 200 with 118 votes - we were actually in the bottom 400's yesterday (I counted wrong), Rocky Mountain has 25, New Jersey has 13, OFFER has 8 votes, who am I missing....

Both Phoenix Rising and NIDA moved up quite a bit yesterday - a good sign. I am going to send out newsletters today and hopefully we'll climb more...I will focus mostly on NIDA and PR