• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of ME/CFS charities as potential Chase nominees?

Merry

Rocky Mountain RMCFA has reported that they are all set for the contest and Chase has posted them at the contest site.

Thank you, frenchtulip. I'm relieved to hear this.

I saw the message about the contest at co-cure. I am willing to contact organizations in Canada, to start with. Should I go ahead, and, also, should I use the message posted at co-cure?

Kati

Patient in training
since we have only so many votes, can you please Cort discuss how the funds would be used if you won a significant amount of money?

Merry

The groups with updated mission pages that I can find are

Phoenix Rising An NEID Corporation
New Jersey
NIDA (Neuroimmune Disease Alliance)
Rocky Mountain CFS Association
Wisconsin CFS Association

I have trouble, though, getting URL's for each - the URL's end up being all the same when I use chase search - http://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving/app_162065369655

At www.chasegiving.com the different organization profile pages have different urls. I haven't looked at the Facebook page. I may not understand what information you are after or what use you want to make of the urls.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
since we have only so many votes, can you please Cort discuss how the funds would be used if you won a significant amount of money?
Thanks Kati for the opportunity...we will try to get each organization to lay out what they plan to do with the money...PR has lots of projects on tap
  • Rate A Practitioner program - that would help ME/CFS patients save time, money and improve their health by finding good doctors and avoiding bad ones.. much of the basic coding for this one is done.
  • Community Rising program - to break up the isolation and connect people in their local communities, provide avenues for assistance, provide reviews of local clinics and physicians, etc. For more on the CR project click here.
  • Keeping the Content Going - supporting our content provider (Cort) so that he doesn't have to get another job at the end of the year
  • Making the Forums More Accessible to the Visually Impaired - upgrading the Forums so that as many as possible can participate
  • Providing Crisis Counseling - providing professional crisis counseling to those in need
  • Community Marketplace - providing a place people with ME/CFS can promote their goods and skills - empowering the community financially.

Kati

Patient in training
Thanks Kati for the opportunity...we will try to get each organization to lay out what they plan to do with the money...PR has lots of projects on tap
  • Physician Review program - that would help ME/CFS patients save time, money and improve their health by finding good doctors and avoiding bad ones.. much of the basic coding for this one is done.
  • Community Rising program - to break up the isolation and connect people in their local communities, provide avenues for assistance, provide reviews of local clinics and physicians, etc. For more on the CR project click here.
  • Keeping the Content Going - supporting our content provider (Cort) so that he doesn't have to get another job at the end of the year
  • Making the Forums More Accessible to the Visually Impaired - upgrading the Forums so that as many as possible can participate
  • Providing Crisis Counseling - providing professional crisis counseling to those in need
  • Community Marketplace - providing a place people with ME/CFS can promote their goods and skills - empowering the community financially.

Thx Cort, these are all commandable projects. Wish you luck for the Chase season!