• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

If money was no object...which treatment?

baccarat

IThere are enough studies on fibromyalgia/POTS/CFS where they know exactly what is going on. It is increased levels of norepinephrine and awkward acting beta and alpha adrenergic function primarily which causes all the symptoms including immune suppression.

They who? I thought you said the cause of CFS was linked to milk and carbs consumption...
Real people who actually get better usually achieve that by sorting their infections out and/or remove their toxins load.
Everything else gets better as a result.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
... There are enough studies on fibromyalgia/POTS/CFS where they know exactly what is going on. It is increased levels of norepinephrine and awkward acting beta and alpha adrenergic function primarily which causes all the symptoms including immune suppression. ...

Huh? References?
(my bolding)

Sushi

SOC

I know people on here who take valcyte and are still just as screwed up as when they started it. Yeah maybe they can brush their teeth now without being out of breath but that's about it. If someone knows of a success story here though by all means prove me wrong.

Try reading the thread. I already mentioned some. :rolleyes: Don't talk about stuff you know nothing about.

xks201

I meant to say that there are some abnormalities that are clear in CFS studies. Of course there is not one cause to every case of CFS. Yeah if you have an overgrowth of lactic acid producing bacteria that will cause CFS.

taniaaust1

The only other thing i would like to try would by XYREM and growth hormone, both are very expensive and can help with sleep and general recovery.i have heard the odd person say that growth hormone has fixed their sleep.

cheers!!!

hi heaps, can you remember around how much the cost of growth hormone is? and do you know if it would be covered if one is on a pension if one was found to have a deficiency of it?

thanks.

To the poster who said that this thread was pointless (or something those lines)... I personally think this is a great thread. I have an interest in what others would like to be doing to treat ME/CFS...

Dainty

Well, I'm currently on my dream treatment (which costs $60 a month, including a Dr. visit) but there's a bit of a catch: its efficacy is inversely proportional to the amount of stress, noise, EMFs, and other burdens placed on my body. It is bringing about permanent healing so I won't alays need to manage myself this closely, but in the meantime stressors can put a significant dent in my progress.

Ergo, my ideal treatment at this time, in adidtion to cranial ostoepathy, would be:
  1. An isolation tank - get to float with all noise and light shut out. Might even sleep in it.
  2. 10+ acres of quiet property, not too windy, lightly treed with some meadows. No crows.
  3. A swing. A very large swing. So I can enjoy the feeling of movement without expending much energy.
  4. A chemical-free hot tub to soak in
  5. A chemical free swimming pool or private lake to swim in
  6. A chemical-free building structure large enough for me to swing my arms around in. I'm thinking a yurt or similar tent-like structure pitched over a heated concrete slab to keep me warm.
Yeah, I think that would do it. :love:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
You would need some horses for those meadows. Then I suppose you would need someone to take care of them.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hi heaps, can you remember around how much the cost of growth hormone is? and do you know if it would be covered if one is on a pension if one was found to have a deficiency of it?

thanks.

To the poster who said that this thread was pointless (or something those lines)... I personally think this is a great thread. I have an interest in what others would like to be doing to treat ME/CFS...

growth hormone is around $350 a month, as for it being covered under our aussie health system, buckleys and none even if u have low levels. only covered if your a child with growth problems.

If there is a way to improve stage 3/4 sleep then this would help our natural groth hormone. i have seen a study showing baclofen 9ncreases stage 3/4 sleep.

cheers!!!

taniaaust1

growth hormone is around $350 a month, as for it being covered under our aussie health system, buckleys and none even if u have low levels. only covered if your a child with growth problems.

If there is a way to improve stage 3/4 sleep then this would help our natural growth hormone. i have seen a study showing baclofen increases stage 3/4 sleep.

cheers!!!

At that price..it certainly comes under that "if money was no object" thing. Now I know why I dont hear of many people doing this.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
The only other thing i would like to try would by XYREM and growth hormone, both are very expensive and can help with sleep and general recovery.i have heard the odd person say that growth hormone has fixed their sleep.

I have tried growth hormone. I did badly on it. Made me worse. The hormonal experts say that growth hormone is the last hormone you should correct/supplement when all the others have been corrected first. I don't know if that is true, but certainly fits in with my case.

As for Xyrem, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. It can depress the CNS/respiratory drive, so potentially very risky. I have actually tried a drug for sleep which is chemically similar to xyrem, and it did depress my respiratory drive, so I am extra cautious about xyrem.

In answer to the question, if money were no object I would do some kind of environmental cure. Move to a pristine stress-free environment where I have my own personal chef cook salutogenic food for me. I'd also get daily massages, and other daily therapy. I'd have a personal assistant to manage everything so I could concentrate on being a patient, and not have to play doctor/ researcher / carer / organizer for myself as I currently do.

Somewhere near the beach/sea would be nice. And somewhere with some sun ...