• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone use modalert?

searcher

I haven't used modalert but have tried modafinil. It made my brain fog much worse— and I have positive reactions to adderall so it's not because it's a stimulant. I have heard from other people that generic modafinil helped them, so it could just be me.
Would it be possible for you to get it prescribed? My doctor didn't mind prescribing it to me since there's an obvious need for a wakefulness agent.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I haven't used modalert but have tried modafinil. It made my brain fog much worse— and I have positive reactions to adderall so it's not because it's a stimulant. I have heard from other people that generic modafinil helped them, so it could just be me.
Would it be possible for you to get it prescribed? My doctor didn't mind prescribing it to me since there's an obvious need for a wakefulness agent.

Could get it prescribed but just looking at prices for now, here in australia it is insanely expensive but from what i have seen online its much more affordable.

searcher

I am lucky in that my insurance covered most of the cost-- they don't do much when it comes to treating CFS but are good about giving prescriptions for the symptoms.
Have you tried it yet? Do doctors give samples in Australia? I highly recommend trying a few pills if you haven't yet since you will know pretty quickly if it helps you. I think modalert should be a good generic.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I am lucky in that my insurance covered most of the cost-- they don't do much when it comes to treating CFS but are good about giving prescriptions for the symptoms.
Have you tried it yet? Do doctors give samples in Australia? I highly recommend trying a few pills if you haven't yet since you will know pretty quickly if it helps you. I think modalert should be a good generic.

I dont think they would allow samples of that type of drug class here.
Im just looking into as it seems somewhat unique compared to other stimulants or so has been written, in that it doesnt hype one up but helps one to be more alert and vigilant, supposedly. Im sure there would be a few of us who would react badly to it.

I think just about everyone here would like something to use once in awhile when they have something important on etc. For me it would be a great benefit for those nights i have had very poor sleep and need to work the next day, hopefully reducing the amount of sickies i take for work. But i suppose theres a balance also of not over doing it and pushing yourself into a 'crash'.

cheers!!!

searcher

makes sense. I tried it for the same reason- it seemed really promising as a wakefullness and concentration agent without the usual downsides of stimulants. Adderall is the only stimulant that works for me when I need to work, but obviously it does hype me up. I suspect modafinil is bad for me because it likely increased brain histamine, which makes my brain feel incredibly "swimmy," like it does when my sinuses are a particular mess. I think I have really low dopamine so the traditional ADHD drugs help if I don't take them every day. I am hoping that's a downstream effect of mast cell problems so am going to try Neuroprotek.

Good luck!

xks201

Used modafinil...didn't notice much. I probably get the most buzz of wellbutrin out of all the "upper" meds.