• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Andrew Wakefield is suing Brian Deer and BMJ's Fiona Godlee for defamation..

natasa778

It would be a great pity if Deer and Godlee were never to be brought to court for their allegations. Any court would do, US or UK!! But funding is at the bottom of all court cases and boy does it eat money. Wakefield's insurance would not cover his one attempt to sue Deer in the UK, so it never happened there either, despite Deer's insistence that "it failed"..

You couldn't have put it any better. Money is the sole reason why Wakefield didn't appeal to court to clear his name, in the same way that Walker-Smith did. Walker-Smith had insurance that covered his court costs (Wakefield didn't, and couldn't pay out of pocket), and so W-S was able to show GMC 'trial' for kangaroo court of morons and boot-lickers that it was. A ship of drunken baboons wouldn't have made such mockery of a 'trial' any more twisted and illogical (but I'll leave the imagery to Silverblade :). Btw surprise surprise most of bigwigs at GMC have very close links to vaccine manufacturers, either as paid consultants or shareholders.

natasa778

What does encourage me is the growing ground support amongst parents for retaining independant choice when it comes to vaccinations. To give in to the State and lose that freedom of choice would be the beginning of the end for us all. Which is why vaccination will never work. And why they are so scared of Wakefield winning his appeal.

Absolutely, which is why information is so tightly controlled by the media. The recent court win by the parents of the Italian boy who descended into autism following MMR was given very little publicity in the UK, and one of the papers that did report it was almost apologetic and gave loads of bullshit 'opinions' by 'experts' to 'balance' the report :eek::eek:

SilverbladeTE

Natasa
sorry to inform you, but the drunken baboons have taken out a legal action against Darwin for linking them to the backward, reprobate, twisted bunch of gobshyte nut-lickers of the GMC!
it has blackened their character and impured their sobriety! :p

lookinglass

There is absolutely no doubt that giving vaccinations of the MMR is like playing Russian Roulette with our children. Some immune systems just cannot cope with it. And they (they!) still do not understand why, but they still keep on pushing it. If that isn' downright criminal action on behalf of the State then I don't know what is.

natasa778

Walker-Smith has a thing or two to say about GMC baboons (ops sorry guys!) in his upcoming book.

“I found this “chamber” to be a deeply deceptive room. I regarded the absence of traditional symbols of justice to be highly significant. There were no visual assurances that justice would be done in this room. It seemed to me that the purpose of this room was to deceive the defendants into thinking that this was a room where normal “business” meetings would be held. The implication was that the Hearing was a normal business meeting. This was far, far from the reality, as all the lawyers and panellists knew from long experience. I saw it as a dishonest room where a defendant might be lulled into a false sense of normality. Thereby entrapment by the prosecution might occur. The chairs and the tables had stainless steel fittings. These came to symbolize instruments of torture in my mind. Indeed by the end of cross-examination I came to regard the room as a “Torture Chamber”.” (p.226)

Walker-Smith writes under the sub-heading ‘The Central Mystery:
“The central issue for me over all the years from the time of the first complaint had been made to the GMC by the journalist, was the following. Who or what was behind the decision ab initio to take his complaint against me so very, very seriously? Other related questions remained unanswered, for example: Why was I pursued in such a zealous way by the GMC/prosecution? Was there a department or organisation behind these decisions? I could not understand why I had been forced to give evidence, especially in cross-examination, for such a long time. I asked myself were the charges against me so heinous that they demanded so great a time and such intense cross-examination? Once again I pondered the central mystery of the Hearing for me. Was there another influence behind the GMC, an invisible Deus ex machina?” (p232-3)

For those who like authoritative statements from experts in position of power and insider knowledge, here is a nice one by Dr Peter Fletcher, former chief scientist at the Department of Health:

“Dr Peter Fletcher, who was Chief Scientific Officer at the Department of Health, said if it is proven that the jab causes autism, "the refusal by governments to evaluate the risks properly will make this one of the greatest scandals in medical history".
“He added that after agreeing to be an expert witness on drug-safety trials for parents' lawyers, he had received and studied thousands of documents relating to the case which he believed the public had a right to see.
“He said he has seen a "steady accumulation of evidence" from scientists worldwide that the measles, mumps and rubella jab is causing brain damage in certain children.
“But he added: "There are very powerful people in positions of great authority in Britain and elsewhere who have staked their reputations and careers on the safety of MMR and they are willing to do almost anything to protect themselves."”

HowToEscape?

Absolutely, which is why information is so tightly controlled by the media. ....

You mean one body/mind/Supreme Council controls every major TV/Print/Radio/Internet news outlet?
Even Fox? ;-)

Oh, wait, I can't be reading this, the Media Censor is going to erase my memory.

HowToEscape?

Every interview AW gives is a testimony to his integrity and honesty. And his courage. Not many like him out there. Shame shame on Anderson Cooper for calling him a iiar on TV. I hope he can't sleep at nights.

I've heard him speak. He has a great voice, with old style Queen's English and fine enunciation, all to better deceive the faithful. The entire thing was a testimony to the self-interest of Andrew Wakefield.

HowToEscape?

Newspaper science != science.

Unfortunately, most of us, myself included, do not have the background knowledge (or perhaps patience) to read and consider the papers behind whatever hits the newspapers. News outlets most likely do not have a scientist on staff for each discipline; that would cost a ton but generate no revenue. One doesn't stay in business very long that way. A news desk's job is to attract readers/views who are likely to buy something, and thus the advertisers who pay for the whole biz. I'm sure many people in the industry would like to just dig for and report interesting facts, but first they need a job.

Still, I'm not at all convinced that the Wellcome Trust is controlling the news I read. Reporters can get interpretation of science from a variety of sources, depending on what their goal is. One could ask the Creation Institute to interpret the fossil record, trial lawyers to weigh in on "unintended acceleration", or purveyors of untested drugs which pass as supplements to critique health articles. Any of these will be quite happy to do the reporter's job for them.

The reporter could also learn basic science - you can do MIT courses free, online - or ask the scientists themselves. Reporters can do quality work if they wish, at least if they have a readership that values information more than entertainment. But that's more work, something human nature tends to avoid. There's some pretty good newspaper science reportage and also flavor of the day and breathless fluff based on one small sample study.

currer

Would you like to look at this link, howtoescape?http://johnpilger.com/articles/the-invisible-government

It is by a respected British journalist who has become very concerned by the drop in investigative standards in journalism and the publishing of official press releases (presented as fact) without any criticism or acknowledgement of thir source.

"For what the public did not know was that in order to be professional, journalists had to ensure that news and opinion were dominated by official sources, and that has not changed.
Go through the New York Times on any day, and check the sources of the main political stories--domestic and foreign--you'll find they're dominated by government and other established interests.
That is the essence of professional journalism
I am not suggesting that independent journalism was or is excluded, but it is more likely to be an honorable exception. Think of the role Judith Miller played in the New York Times in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. Yes, her work became a scandal, but only after it played a powerful role in promoting an invasion based on lies."

"Yet, Miller's parroting of official sources and vested interests was not all that different from the work of many famous Times reporters, such as the celebrated W.H. Lawrence, who helped cover up the true effects of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in August, 1945. "No Radioactivity in Hiroshima Ruin," was the headline on his report, and it was false
Consider how the power of this invisible government has grown. In 1983 the principle global media was owned by 50 corporations, most of them American. In 2002 this had fallen to just 9 corporations. Today it is probably about 5. Rupert Murdoch has predicted that there will be just three global media giants, and his company will be one of them. This concentration of power is not exclusive of course to the United States."

natasa778

Would you like to look at this link, howtoescape?http://johnpilger.com/articles/the-invisible-government

It is by a respected British journalist who has become very concerned by the drop in investigative standards in journalism and the publishing of official press releases (presented as fact) without any criticism or acknowledgement of thir source.

"For what the public did not know was that in order to be professional, journalists had to ensure that news and opinion were dominated by official sources, and that has not changed.
Go through the New York Times on any day, and check the sources of the main political stories--domestic and foreign--you'll find they're dominated by government and other established interests.

Absolutely, but it is only half the story.

It is not even only about journalists and what they can or will investigate, but it really boils down to what they editors are willing to publish. There is a number of capable journalists out there willing to investigate and write about vaccines, but are told by editors in no uncertain terms not to go there. One editor that did dare publish very comprehensive and informative articles + a long interview with Wakefield (Observer, few years ago), was swiftly punished by his superiors/paper owners for such misbehaviour.

Murdoch is only top of the iceberg. Btw James Murdoch came on board of GSK very shortly after Sunday Times Wakefield witchhunt. He was welcomed by the company 'for the media relation expertise' that he was bringing on board. This too is only tip of the iceberg...

lookinglass

I am not suggesting that independent journalism was or is excluded, but it is more likely to be an honorable exception. Think of the role Judith Miller played in the New York Times in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. Yes, her work became a scandal, but only after it played a powerful role in promoting an invasion based on lies."

"Yet, Miller's parroting of official sources and vested interests was not all that different from the work of many famous Times reporters, such as the celebrated W.H. Lawrence, who helped cover up the true effects of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima in August, 1945. "No Radioactivity in Hiroshima Ruin," was the headline on his report, and it was false
Consider how the power of this invisible government has grown. In 1983 the principle global media was owned by 50 corporations, most of them American. In 2002 this had fallen to just 9 corporations. Today it is probably about 5. Rupert Murdoch has predicted that there will be just three global media giants, and his company will be one of them. This concentration of power is not exclusive of course to the United States."

Well spotted Currer. Thankyou.

Enid

One really does wonder about the attempts of "mind control" and those responsible. Collapsed in Accident and Emergency where a psychiatrist was deemed the "treatment" for "all in your mind". That is to talk me out it. Quite a snakepit.

lookinglass

My sympathies Enid. BP variables. Arrythmias. Dramatically so. And they think it's all in the mind. Hey Ho. Onwards and Upwards Enid.