• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B12 injection question..

I think I am going to get a B12 injection and I have read so much here that I cant remember where I read things, but are there certain questions I should ask before I get one?

Like a specific kind? Are there different kinds of injections, different ingredients in injections??

Just wondering what I should be asking and looking for before I do it.

thanks

So I called the lab and they said the shot I would be getting is the cyno-whater (cant spell) and NOT the methel-whatever and it is 2.4 ml

Is this good?

richvank

Hi, Stacy.

It would be better if it was hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalamin, but if cyanocobalamin is all that's available, it will probably be O.K. and will probably be better than nothing. Rarely, a person has difficulty detoxing the cyanide in cyanocobalamin when large dosages are used, but most people can cope with it alright.

2.4 milliliters tells us the volume, but without knowing the concentration in micrograms or milligrams per milliliter, we don't know the dosage in micrograms, which is the important number.

Best regards,

Rich

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi, Stacy.

It would be better if it was hydroxocobalamin or methylcobalamin, but if cyanocobalamin is all that's available, it will probably be O.K. and will probably be better than nothing. Rarely, a person has difficulty detoxing the cyanide in cyanocobalamin when large dosages are used, but most people can cope with it alright.

2.4 milliliters tells us the volume, but without knowing the concentration in micrograms or milligrams per milliliter, we don't know the dosage in micrograms, which is the important number.

Best regards,

Rich

Yes, the micro or milligrams is extremely important. Different doses give different responses and sometimes a higher dose is not pleasant! I seem to vary from time to time on the injected dose I can tolerate. I take hydroxocobalamin.

Best,
Sushi

I can not in good conscience put cyanide into my body. The thought blows my mind. :(

thanks for the info, guess I cant do injections :(

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I can not in good conscience put cyanide into my body. The thought blows my mind. :(

thanks for the info, guess I cant do injections :(

Stacy,

Lot of us do injections ourselves. The doc just gives you a prescription for Hydrox B12 or Methyl B12 and you fill it at a compounding pharmacy. It isn't very expensive, the injections are easy, why not give it a try? I think most of us order from pharmacies at a distance as they are often cheaper. I use one in California that is very competitive--they mail it to me.

Best,
Sushi