• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bartonella now found in 20% of PWC's

DML recently - since collaboration with a veterinary insitute/lab - found a lot of people with ME to have a Bartonella infection (not Henselae but another one). If i recall well, he has found allready 400 patiënts to have this infection.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
DML recently - since collaboration with a veterinary insitute/lab - found a lot of people with ME to have a Bartonella infection (not Henselae but another one). If i recall well, he has found allready 400 patiënts to have this infection.

Hi Legolas,

Did he find that you also have Bartonella? If so, may I ask what treatment you are on?

Thanks,
Sushi

yes, i have it too.

I intially had to take doxyciclin and azythromycin for 8 weeks. I couldn't tolerate the azythro, wich i stopped after a week ( did continue the doxy). Now i'm on rifampicin (8w) and avelox (moxifloxacin)(12days a month, 2months). Others also have to take plaquenil.

cigana

Yes, he put me on Doxy and Azithromycin. I will PM you the doses. I also have Rickettsia, so this may actually be what he is treating, I don't know...

Hi Legolas,

how it goes with avelox (moxifloxacin) and rifampicin? Dose?
You feel something?

Thanks, C

Moxi 400 mg (12 days/ month, 2 months)
Rifampicin 300 mg (8 weeks)
both 1/day

I had improvement before with doxy and azythromycin. Because i didn't tolerate the azythro (or was it a herxheimer??), he switched me to the meds above.I recently started taking liposomal glutathion (wich helps if i take it in the right dose), so it's hard to tell wether these AB give me an additionel improvement or not.
At his consultation he mentioned Plaquenil, but didn't prescribe it, maybe it's for next moth, dunno.

Interesting. I'm on:
2 x Mino/day
1x Azi/day
2 x Quensyl/day

I am at the beginning of October again by KDM.
I had Herxheimer for 10 days beginning on, I think!??
Peviously (5 weeks) I feel nothing.

Hip

This is an interesting paper on how Bartonella may be linked to agitation, panic disorder, and treatment-resistant depression.

Note that this paper says:
Routine national labs offer testing for only 2 species, but at least 9 have been discovered as human infections within the last 15 years.

In the last 15 years, 9 Bartonella bacteria have been identified that are known to infect humans: B henselae, B elizabethae, B grahamii, B vinsonii subsp. arupensis, B vinsonii subsp. berkhoffii, B grahamii, B washoensis, and, more recently, B koehlerae and B rochalimae.

Currently, the largest national laboratories offer tests for only 2 species (B quintana and B henselae).

GhostGum

This is an interesting paper on how Bartonella may be linked to agitation, panic disorder, and treatment-resistant depression.

A psychiatrist diagnosed him as having bipolar disorder, despite the fact that he had no genetic history or any previous history of depression or mania.

I just found this so comical I could not stop laughing, has made my night.

They are so insightful aren't they.