• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is Yasko's Nutrigenomics Panel enough?

roxie60 said:
Nanonug, sorry if I asked this already but I presume you were able to interpret the results from 23andme? Also did they include MTHFR in their gene test?

Greenshots replied:
Good luck with 23&me's "interpretation" of your test results, its a joke! They also don't include about 10-12 of the more important genes Yasko tests for like NOS, SHMT, ACE, ACAT, and more.

Everything you said in this paragraph is false and why I originally replied to you. I explained exactly why what you said was not accurate. I listed the SNP's that 23andme does not report on at the moment and explained that you can in fact search for the genes you say 23andme does not test for within the raw data browser. You were the one spreading false information here. Go to the raw data browser and search SHMT1, ACE, NOS1, NOS2, NOS3, ACAT1 and ACAT2 and let me know if you get SNP results.

Greenshots said:
In my opinion, going the other way means spending months or years of your time trying to decipher things even while alotta people behave as if they've got it all figured out somehow but then you really don't even know if you're treating yourself the right way. Everyone here, aside from maybe Dr. vank and maybe Freddd are just guessing and that may be okay for some with milder problems but if you're really sicker then its a big waste.
You said you wasted your time searching for your results, so I tried to help you understand by linking my spreadsheet and offered you my assistance. That's why I asked if you had run your data through promethease. It just sounded like you were overwhelmed and didn't know where to start.

You reply back to me with quite a snippy attitude. Implying that if I didn't get Yasko tested, that I'd have to spend all of this time trying to figure out my Yasko SNP's and that I'm wasting time. Also essentially my ideas are not meaningful because I'm not Fredd, Rich or Yasko and I don't have a MD behind my name.

I have asked you at least twice now to give specific SNP's that are “obsolete and inaccurate” but you have yet to provide me with that data. If you are only questioning the BHMT's, then I have flat out asked you if your results from 23andme vs Yasko were different. You again avoided answering this question yet continue to say my spreadsheet is inaccurate and obsolete. Can you understand why this is frustrating? I'm trying to get to the bottom of your accusations of having “inaccurate and obsolete” SNP”s, but you aren't providing me any compelling evidence.

Greenshots said:
I don't know about you, but we're not all officially disabled and allowed to collect FundsI so some of us have to get on the ball rather than researching intersting topics for the next decade. I don't begrudge anyone their Disability payments either, I congratulate you!

You then try to insult me by being snarky and implying that I'm just sitting around collecting checks, so I have all the time in the world to waste being sick... Talk about being rude! You do not know anything about me!

You continuously have accused me of spreading false info, but my point is that you are doing this in regards to the info provided by 23andme. 23andme does in fact test for the GENEs on Yasko's test, but does not test for a few specific SNP's.There is a huge difference.

You have NOT provided me with any evidence that my spreadsheet is in fact wrong. You just continue to repeat that there are "obsolete and inaccurate" SNP's, but you haven't shown me a single set of data that backs up your claim.

Therefore if anyone on here has concerns about my spreadsheet, I want to know about them and I encourage you to email me or PM. BUT if you aren't going to work with me to determine the discrepancies or even provide evidence that there is a discrepancy, then I cannot take your concerns seriously.

searcher

Calico13 - Thank you so much for putting together the spreadsheet. I had looked up a lot of these SNPs before but never put it in such a structured format despite my best intentions. I always like being able to see the relative frequency for each polymorphism-- I always have to remind myself that many mutations are very common in the general population, and while they may be contributing to our illness are not the cause.

I highly recommend 23andme for anyone who wants a cheaper way to get a lot of genetic information, especially if you are curious about ancestry info. I first got it to make sure I wasn't missing any obvious genetic diseases but have found a lot of the additional information really interesting and helpful.

So far I don't see any mistakes in your spreadsheet but will let you know if I see a discrepancy.

greenshots

You have way more time on your hands then I do with my level of treatment and 3 kids so I'm going to just let this be. I'll assume you know someone in the Yasko camp personally who gave you her specific nomenclature and codes. If so, it couldn't be better news!
Angela

roxie60

How long does it take to get 23andme results back? Forgive me if I have already asked this, my mind is in a fog. When I get $300 I'm going to order the test.

roxie60

Calico - what is the raw data browser? I that on their web sight(or your spreadsheet (thx BTW for that)? If so I'm trying to understand why one would go to a data browser for some SNPs results - wouldn't the result be in the report I get back from 23andme?

roxie60

I do wish Health Diagnostics had a web presence. Makes contacting them a pain in the ass if you're not in a similar time zone.

I've thought of trying to get the Doctor Data panel via a local reseller in Australia, but the panel just doesn't seem as good as the HDRI one. Extracellular measurements. No glutathione measurements or measurements of the forms of folate. Homoecysteine is easily done in Australia for $0. So the DD panel just has the methionine,cysteine and cystathionine to offer.
I think they do have a web presence hixxy but I think I recall seeing it was something like www.vitamindiagnostics.??

does anyone have a list of genes \ SNP´s that 23andMe test? i´ve been going through their website and cant seem to find it.

Also does anyone have experience doing the dr.yasko test outside the USA? can you ship it as 23andme test?

thanks

drex13

does anyone have a list of genes \ SNP´s that 23andMe test? i´ve been going through their website and cant seem to find it.

Also does anyone have experience doing the dr.yasko test outside the USA? can you ship it as 23andme test?

thanks

23andme tests something like over 1 million genes, or maybe over a million SNP's. At any rate it's way more than what is on the Yasko test. But you have to browse through the raw data, or look up each individual gene by searching in Browse Raw Data to find your results. However they may not test for some of the same SNP's that Yasko tests for, but most of them are there.

Hi Angela

What is the name of your doctor as understand they are a couple consulting on this website.

I wanted to send you a private message but can't find how to do this.

Many thanks,

Zoya

I got the most for my money for me, my 3 kids, my husband, and my best friend's family with the Yasko SNP panel along with maybe a MAP test, which is a metabolic profile from Genova. The two tests cost $700 and gave me the best snapshot of what to go after. Unlike many here, I got VERY lucky and found a very good practitioner (after failing with the so called best of the best!) who gets nutrigenomics inside and out. I followed her plan for my kids (2/3 fully recovered from autism) and me. I had severe CFS and was bedridden for well over a year and highly deconditioned. I used to be an ICU nurse but had to leave to do all this stuff for my kids and then I crashed. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't have found my doctor, she saved our lives. I have a 30+ biomed group and she treats all of us so I've seen everything from MS, Lou Gerig's, and Parkinson's to autism, CFS, and even a couple of cancer cases (she uses Gerson, Blaylock, & Bugwig) fully recover.

To me, doing it on your own is like getting to your vacation spot across country without a map or GPS, you have no idea where to go or what to do. But I realize not everyone has been as lucky in finding a good doc so they feel stuck or like they can figure it out in their own. But they're guessing and for me, I don't have years to guess. Plus, what if you treat a gene that shouldn't be and develop another problem? Which ones do you go after? Which ones do you let be? She understands this stuff, at least as best as it can be right now., More science is sure to come but I know she studies all of that. Like Dr. Vank, she has a passion for it. I just wanted to start living again and I'm 75% now so I finally am! To me, the proof is in the pudding.

Angela

go to her body chemistry page on the following link and you'll see more of what I mean

www.autismnti.com