• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GABOB/amino butyric acid, for sleep and anxiety

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Has anyone used this amino acid type supplement, supposedly similar and safer then GHB/xyrem for sleep and anxiety issues. Its classified as a supplement and said to work on the neurotransmiiter GABA? Heres a copy and paste:

Amino Butyric Acid, more commonly referred to as Gabob, is widely used in Europe as an anti anxiety medicine. Gabob supplement is primarily used to treat epilepsy, but it is also known to increase growth hormone levels, which help the body heal and rejuvenate itself.
Gabob has many uses beyond its efficacy as an anti anxiety medicine. Gabob supplement is derived from the neurotransmitter GABA, which plays a crucial role in regulating the ‘excitability’ of neurons in the nervous system. It has similar stimulatory effects to GHB (the ‘date rape’ drug), without inducing unconsciousness. Gabob supplement is also proven to increase growth hormone levels, thereby reducing the effects of ageing.
A supplement that is not often found, yet has been published in medical literature since the 1960s, Gabob’s multiple uses for anti-anxiety, anti-stress and anti-convulsant actions for epilepsy, make it one to look out for.
What can Gabob do for me?

Gaba supplement is the closest legal alternative to GHB and, as such, is a powerful anti stress supplement. It can help overcome stress and anxiety, improve learning and boost memory function. But, perhaps most importantly, for those seeking anti-ageing supplements, Gabob has the ability to increase growth hormone levels in our body.
As we age, the growth hormone levels in our body naturally decline, which means we experience many of the downsides of ageing – tiredness, loss of strength and physical performance. By restoring growth hormone levels, Gabob improves our overall sense of well-being and gives us more energy and stamina.
Gaba supplement is recommended for anyone looking for an anti stress supplement who also wants to reap the anti ageing benefits of Gabob. Those benefits may include:
  • Increasing energy and stamina
  • Improving deep, restful sleep
  • Building muscle and strength
  • Improving fitness
  • Decreasing fat and aiding weight loss
  • Sharpening thinking and improving memory
  • Improving mood and sense of well-being
  • Decreasing and balancing cholesterol levels
  • Boosting the immune system
  • Strengthening the cardiovascular system
  • Lowering blood pressure
Gabob is also a known anti-epileptic treatment, used alongside other anticonvulsant medications.
How does it work?

Amino Butyric Acid – or Gabob – is a powerful anti ageing supplement that works by increasing the growth hormone levels in our body. Amino Butyric Acid is derived from GABA, which is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in our central nervous system. GABA is also responsible for muscle tone.
Our body’s supply of growth hormones declines as we age, as a result of which we often experience:
  • Tiredness and restless sleep
  • Weight gain
  • Loss of muscle tone and physical strength
  • Decrease in physical performance
  • Overall decrease in sense of well-being
By returning our supplies of growth hormones to younger, healthier levels, Gabob reverses many of these effects of ageing. And it has been clinically proven in trials. For example, in one study published in 1982, women infused with 100mg of Amino Butyric Acid over a period of 20 minutes, showed significant rises in their growth hormone levels.
These results backed up earlier studies, which indicated that Gabob stimulated both human growth hormone and prolactin levels in women.
Another study on men who were injected with 300 mg of Gabob, demonstrated significant increases in growth hormone, prolactin and cortisol. http://www.antiaging-systems.com/38-aminohydroxybutyric-acid-gabob-buxamin
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/872825

cheers!!!

Rand56

hi Heaps

Interesting info. Do they know how long levels of prolactin are significantly increased? Unless it is short lived during sleep, I don't see that as a plus if they stay elevated for awhile since prolactin is antagonistic to dopamine and that can be troublesome if someone is dealing with depression. Not to mention ones libido being shot when prolactin levels are high.

heapsreal

hi Heaps

Interesting info. Do they know how long levels of prolactin are significantly increased? Unless it is short lived during sleep, I don't see that as a plus if they stay elevated for awhile since prolactin is antagonistic to dopamine and that can be troublesome if someone is dealing with depression. Not to mention ones libido being shot when prolactin levels are high.

Rand i dont know how long prolactin would be elevated for, i wonder if its parallel with life of GABOB, maybe minimised if using it intermittently. I suppose the trade off would be better sleep and increased growth hormone, both which would help libido if they were previously low. I know if i havent slept for a couple of nights i could be in a room full of play boy bunnies and still have tackle as hard as a bowel of jelly, lol. The link that sells GABOB dont have this product available at the moment but when they have it in stock i will order some as its priced ok and if it works then any price is good:)

Just thinking prolactin type side effects shouldnt been any different to xyrem.

you need to buy some to Rand so we can both see how it works.

Tammy

forgive me.............my brain is tired tonight. Is gabob different from gaba? gaba is gamma amino butyric acid. Why couldn't you just take gaba?

Rand i dont know how long prolactin would be elevated for, i wonder if its parallel with life of GABOB, maybe minimised if using it intermittently. I suppose the trade off would be better sleep and increased growth hormone, both which would help libido if they were previously low. I know if i havent slept for a couple of nights i could be in a room full of play boy bunnies and still have tackle as hard as a bowel of jelly, lol. The link that sells GABOB dont have this product available at the moment but when they have it in stock i will order some as its priced ok and if it works then any price is good:)

Hi Heapsreal: I see this is an old post, but did you ever try GABOB?

Thanks, DFox

heapsreal

Hi Heapsreal: I see this is an old post, but did you ever try GABOB?

Thanks, DFox
No i havent tried GABOB, so cant give u a review sorry.
phosphatidyleserine i have since added which is suppose to help with high night time cortisol which can disturb sleep. It has worked well for me. I still use sleep meds but it has improved there effectiveness indirectly??