• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cheap recovery plan

baccarat

I've experienced significant improvements over the past few months and I think I'm about 70% recovered. Note that prior to that I had treatment for Lyme disease, mainly oral antibiotics which helped but only in part.
I have financial constraints and this is certainly a problem with CFS. So I had to focus on a few things I could afford which I'd like to share for others' benefit.

1. Kill the parasites
I tried the Klinghardt protocol and it worked miracles.
As far as I'm concerned, the guy is absolutely right, parasites are bigger than any bacteria or virus and auto-urine therapy really helped.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...arasite-protocol-any-input.13376/#post-224475

I travelled a lot around the world and this may have caused me to pick up things. However, my partner who didn't travel at all, doesn't have CFS but had early signs of arthritis and cognitive issues, tried it and resolved her problems.
Note that a few years ago I had a stool test and no parasites or other nasties were found.

2. Kill the yeast
I thought I never had a problem with this but the following helped
- fresh garlic juice: 1/4 tsp of fresh garlic juice mixed with lots of tomato juice twice a day
- own MAF brew : make yoghurt from raw milk, add colostrum, leave it for a day, add raw milk kefir.

3. Enzyme-rich diet (see Annesse Brokley's book)
Raw sauerkraut is immense.

richvank

Hi, baccarat.

This is wonderful! Sounds like you fixed your gut big time!
I think this is especially important after undergoing oral abx treatment for Lyme.

Best regards,

Rich

Rand56

I actually just started about 1.5 weeks ago on the herbal extract of green black walnut, wormwood, and clove leaf by NOW for parasites. I just read the thread that baccarat posted above. Am I to assume that all the meds listed on that thread are the big gun artillary that I would need and this herbal extract is not going to do much for me?

I actually just started about 1.5 weeks ago on the herbal extract of green black walnut, wormwood, and clove leaf by NOW for parasites. I just read the thread that baccarat posted above. Am I to assume that all the meds listed on that thread are the big gun artillary that I would need and this herbal extract is not going to do much for me?

Depends on which parasites you have. Also I read if you kill off some with the herbal combo, it makes it easier to take the meds. Someone going right to the meds could have awful herx symptoms.

ukxmrv

I'm so pleased for you, Baccarat. Sadly, my own experience of treating parasites, yeast and adding things like Sauerkraut to my diet didn't result in any improvement of symptoms. Many of the things I took left my stomach far worse off and for a long time.

The MAF though, made a huge difference to my gut symptoms even in the first week and your recipe for your own version may be really useful to others.

Hope your improvement continues!

Rand56

Depends on which parasites you have. Also I read if you kill off some with the herbal combo, it makes it easier to take the meds. Someone going right to the meds could have awful herx symptoms.

hi SOS

I don't know if I really do have parasites since I have not been tested for it. I just figure this might be something else I can try if in fact I do have some of those critters. Actually it is possible I might, although I'm not positive, but I do get some fleeting moments of feeling nautious without getting sick. No other Herx type symptoms. That does make sense that taking this herbal extract I'm taking could lessen any other Herx reactions from those other meds.

baccarat

Thanks Rich and ukxmrv for your good wishes.
Actually, Rich I should have mentioned that I also followed the SMP until a few months ago and that helped quite a bit and felt less toxic as a result. I hope I got to a stage where I can keep up the level I've reached without going back to supplements.

baccarat

I tried a few herbs hulda clark's formulas, artemisia, and clove but had no effect.
I don't think here we're dealing with some easy worm in the gut but more sophisticated beasts that infect the brain.

I cannot explain otherwise, how I got rid of some symptoms of dysautonomia including constant panic and wired feelings. I feel so calm now and I found a resilience that I would have never dreamed it possible.

2. Kill the yeast
- fresh garlic juice: 1/4 tsp of fresh garlic juice mixed with lots of tomato juice twice a day
- own MAF brew : make yoghurt from raw milk, add colostrum, leave it for a day, add raw milk kefir.

Just raw milk, colostrum, and raw milk kefir, no other starter?

How much did the Klinghardt protocol cost?

Rand56

Does anyone know if you can order Nitazoxanide <Alinia> without a prescription and if so, know of any reliable inexpensive source for it? I live in the US.

Also anyone know a reliable inexpensive source to get mimosa pudica?

maddietod

I've experienced significant improvements over the past few months and I think I'm about 70% recovered.
2. Kill the yeast

3. Enzyme-rich diet (see Annesse Brokley's book)
Raw sauerkraut is immense.

Hi, Baccarat. I'm trying to understand what MAF is. Can you explain how this combination produces MAF? Or is MAF?

baccarat

I got it by trial and error. I can't guarantee it's got a lot of Maf in it because it's not been assayed. However if you look at some studies on hiv, they found that certain strains of probiotics added to milk helped increase CD4 count and some believe this may have been the result of Maf naturally produced by the probiotics.

So back to my Maf. I just make an ordinary yogurt but starting from raw milk at 40C and adding some very strong bifido probiotics. Once the yogurt is ready, I cool it and add colostrum and then raw milk kefir made with ordinary kefir grains.
This is the best sequence I found. I used to add colostrum straight away thinking that the probiotics would grow and convert the proteins into maf but the yogurt didn't come out right.
The idea is that the probiotics naturally occurring in raw milk as well those added help convert the colostrum protein to maf.

I use raw milk from purely grass-fed cows. I believe this is important when using raw milk. You don't want cows fed silage or other fermented feed as this may introduce other bacteria into the milk, which although not harmful to human health (I suspect though it may upset someone with a sensitive gut), may nonetheless affect the balance in the yogurt.

maddietod

Baccarat, do you mind sharing your proportions milk-probiotics-cholostrum-kefir?

Is there any reason this wouldn't work with pasteurized milk? Raw milk is illegal where I live.

Thanks

Madie

Marg

Madie, I recently t read somewhere that if you use organic milk (from grass fed cows) it would work. I think it was in Natasha Campbell McBride's book. She has a video on Mercola but much more in the book. The video is very good though.

baccarat

Baccarat, do you mind sharing your proportions milk-probiotics-cholostrum-kefir?

Is there any reason this wouldn't work with pasteurized milk? Raw milk is illegal where I live.

Thanks

Madie
Approx. 1l of milk for yogurt, 1l for kefir, bifido 200billion strength, colostrum 1 bottle of 125ml.

Pasteurised milk should work, why not? I think the animals' diet is probably relatively more important than patseurisation.
I use unpasteurised because I find it easier to digest and I assume it has other probiotics which should help making MAF, which is what happens in nature but in the studies I've seen I doubt they used unpasteurised.