• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

ukxmrv

Hi Pinky, I've not heard of that reaction to any of the MAF's. Sounds awful.
My family has been hit by a virus doing the rounds. Went to buy some Vit C yesterday. First time out of the house for days. The pharmacist was there by himself. All his staff had gone home sick. He was sick with the flu. I feel dizzy and awful. My chest feels heavy but my whole family feels like that so I'm guessing it's not the MAF - but who knows.

If I thought it was the MAF I'd take an antihistamine, because that helped with the other MAF symptoms. Can you tolerate benadryl?
Hope you feel better soon.

mellster

Marco
I have been completely jazzed up now (week 5) on the MAF314. I sleep 6-7 hours and am ready to run in the morning (not every), beating my records (they are not spectacular, but decent even for somebody without cfs). I have done bloodwork Monday and will see if it correlated to my improvement. I am also a bit worried to not get enough sleep/rest on the long run and therefore take the car to work half the time to not overdo with my new bike. This shit is potent no doubt, also my lymphnodes have been more tender and hurting though less swollen as part of the activation. Since a new starter is needed every 8 weeks I might pause for a bit after 3 more weeks to get more rest from this state. I want to sleep longer and it is not really insomnia as I get decent chunks of sleep, it is just that when the sun rises I am ready to go - crazy. I think it also has to do with the fact since I have been taken it in the evening lately but I think morning is better (to not interrupt sleep) as the effects seems to come in hardest within the first 12 hours.

shannah

This was recently posted to Scott's FB page with comments further down from others.

"Some recent suggestions that Claritin may help with the negative side effects of GcMAF. I wish I had known that earlier, but it may be worth consideration for people using GcMAF and having negative side effects, inflammation, etc."

https://www.facebook.com/faith.wong.372#!/BetterHealthGuy

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
This was recently posted to Scott's FB page with comments further down from others.

"Some recent suggestions that Claritin may help with the negative side effects of GcMAF. I wish I had known that earlier, but it may be worth consideration for people using GcMAF and having negative side effects, inflammation, etc."

https://www.facebook.com/faith.wong.372#!/BetterHealthGuy

Or any of the other over-the-counter antihistamines. I rotate them, but am now taking Allegra.

Sushi

maddietod

I decided to test myself for dairy sensitivity, and sure enough: 4 days off it I feel better. As this is my 3rd time testing this way, with the same result each time, I have decided to stop taking the MAF 878.

I have 1/4 of my original starter (viable until August 14), if anybody wants it. You'd have to figure out how I could get it to you cold. It's about 1/3 cup, in a tiny all-glass clamp-top jar, easily made leak-proof with tape.

I also have a full jar of made-up "yogurt" that I haven't touched. It went into the fridge on July 5th; if you go by Dr. Enlander's instructions, it's good until August 5th.

Madie

Daffodil

Hi Madie. How do you know its the dairy making you ill and not the inflammation from the MAF878?

maddietod

I've suspected dairy issues for years, but thought the only symptom was fuzziness in my eyes. The last 2 times I tested, I wasn't taking the MAF.

I recently realized that I also have more trouble sleeping when I have dairy - I think there's some swelling in the back of my throat, maybe? An apnea-like problem?

ukxmrv

It's been hard for me to tell what effect the MAF878 has had so far because my entire family (incl. me) has been sick with the flu.

With the MAF314 I noticed within the first two weeks that my sleeping was better, stomach better and there was an acute and different (from before MAF314) immune activation. There were periods of insomnia after the first week but interspersed with a deeper, longer sleep.

With the MAF878 the main reaction that I can see is that I am sleeping very soundly and for much longer than normal. when I wake up I feel very zonked out and that lasts until well after lunch. During the evening I have had periods of being clear headed.

Oddly, I have been able to do some light household cleaning and prepare some papers that I need for a legal matter. I'm largely housebound at the moment but able to leave the home for a short time every 3 days or so.

Early in my MAF878 trial anyway (currently day 16).

ukxmrv

Thanks Shannah, Dr Enlander suggested Benadryl so I was able to use that when my immune system reacted to the MAF314. Good to hear others may work. Thanks Sushi for sharing your own experiences as well.

ukxmrv

Mellster, sounds like a good plan. The good effects on energy from the MAF314 lasted even when I finished it. I wasn't as good as you as there is no way I can get out of bed early but my exercise capacity increased. Took a month or two to lose that when I finished the MAF314.
My sleep was deeper and better on the MAF314 to start with but then there were nights of insomnia later on. I'll keep a record of what time I take the MAF878 and see if there is a correlation.

ukxmrv

Sorry to hear that Madie. I find it really upsetting when I try new treatments and they make me worse. Especially when they are expensive and labour intensive.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Madie is it not worth trying the MAF with non dairy products such as goats or sheep yoghurt plus dairy free colostrum, its seems a shame to waste the chance of trying, I too have a dairy intolerance so don't think the MAF as recommended would work for me either. My husband gets a lot of phlem(sp) which builds up at the back of his throat, he can't feel it during the day - just when he lies down, inhaling with a salt based nasal spray at night helps with this as well as cutting down the amount of dairy.He forgoes cream and yoghurts now but still has cheese.

ukxmrv - glad to hear its working okay for you fingers crossed it continues - are you still taking a/virals as well as the MAF?

maddietod

Madie is it not worth trying the MAF with non dairy products such as goats or sheep yoghurt plus dairy free colostrum, its seems a shame to waste the chance of trying, I too have a dairy intolerance so don't think the MAF as recommended would work for me either. My husband gets a lot of phlem(sp) which builds up at the back of his throat, he can't feel it during the day - just when he lies down, inhaling with a salt based nasal spray at night helps with this as well as cutting down the amount of dairy.He forgoes cream and yoghurts now but still has cheese.

ukxmrv - glad to hear its working okay for you fingers crossed it continues - are you still taking a/virals as well as the MAF?

The colostrum is already in the MAF878, so there's no avoiding that. I don't see how it's possible for sheep and goat products to be dairy-free. Meaning, I don't know which part(s) of milk cause problems. But that's an interesting idea - I could wait another 2 weeks to completely clear out the dairy and get a new baseline, and then test goat milk. I don't think I can find sheep milk and yogurt.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Madie I have an intolerance to casein which is in all milk but its lower in goat's milk so I can get away with a little. As long as you keep your intake of the new batch of Maf down to a minimum and don't have any other dairy products whilst you're trying it - it may well go okay??

maddietod

Madie I have an intolerance to casein which is in all milk but its lower in goat's milk so I can get away with a little. As long as you keep your intake of the new batch of Maf down to a minimum and don't have any other dairy products whilst you're trying it - it may well go okay??

Thanks for this. I was only taking one tablespoon, so maybe goat products would work.

I think I can get goat kefir and goat yogurt at Whole Foods, but what do I do about the cream?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
What about dried? Or maybe have a google around where you live for fresh goat's cream, its amazing what's out there really?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
What about dried? Or maybe have a google around where you live for fresh goat's cream, its amazing what's out there really?

I used to raise goats and their milk is natually homogenized--I wonder how someone would separate the cream?

Sushi

ukxmrv

It's just normal full fat milk we need for the MAF878 (not seperated cream) isn't it?

Ordinary goats milk should work.

(sorry if wrong here as head still full of the flu)

maddietod

It's just normal full fat milk we need for the MAF878 (not seperated cream) isn't it?

Ordinary goats milk should work.

(sorry if wrong here as head still full of the flu)

My instructions call for yogurt, kefir, and cream.