• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant

clive powney

June update:
I decided to stay on 4 tablets a day until things stabilised. After a week or so I felt quite a bit better and my symptoms died down a bit. I then had quite a good couple of weeks, not symptom free but not feeling as bad as normal. My elbows joints are still painful and my feet ache like mad first thing in the morning or if I lie down for a while then get up. My need to nap in the day disappeared again and I felt a lot better about life in general. My potassium level has increased with the diuretics but not enough for the doctor to stop them - so he has represcribed for 3 months and then a further blood test.
My blood pressure is back to normal 123/83 after being quite high 145/90 for a few months.
On sunday this week I decided to increase the dose to 5 tablets and on monday painted the kitchen ceiling with a roller. Tuesday I was feeling absolutely dreadful , slept most of the day still felt extremely fatigued with aches all over and felt quite low - was it the tablets increasing or the painting - God knows. Things improved a bit wednesday + thursday and today am about at my normal ME state (rough, but not as bad as I can be). I think I have a cold or something coming on but it doesn't seem to get any further than the sniffles and a bit of a cough and slight sore throat.
I had planned to stop taking these tablets after 4 months but decided to try another month whilst I was on a bit of a 'high' - so maybe things are looking up - maybe I shouldn't say that as it always goes T!T$ up if I do!!!

clive
July update:
If I had posted on wednesday 11th you would have pretty much heard all positives. I had been feeling generally in a much better place - not full of energy but a more general feeling of things were getting towards ok. I started yoga classes about 5 weeks ago now and moved up to 2 classes a week. My blood pressure was low at 115/75 and I had started going on walks (without being pressured - actually wanting to!) , until the 11th. I have also started taking milk kefir and sauerkraut (NOT at the same time :)) for about 2 weeks now , this is on top of the equilibrant.
Then on 11th I went out for a walk and after about 1/2 a mile I felt a twinge in my chest area and started feeling a bit sick and tired (my usual ME type stuff) . Carried on with the walk to get home and felt quite rough for the rest of the evening. Woke in the night with one of my " panic attacks* and struggled to sleep all night. Next day I was feeling quite rough again , brain fog , tired , nauseous and generally very downbeat. I have recovered a bit now but still have my old 'heavy' feeling around my chest area and almost constant mild nausea. My blood pressure is back up to 145/95 and I feel a bit low again. I am off on holiday for 2 weeks from saturday so i am hoping that some sun will give me a bit of a boost as it normally does.

ukxmrv

Sorry to hear about the set back Clive. It's good news though that you are able to do some yoga. Sounds like the walk was just too much for now. Hope your holiday refreshs and you get some sunshine (not much of that in the UK right now).

All, apologies I have not read the entire... thread.
I'm wondering if any of you been on imunovir (first, or later?) I know Dr. K and Dr. R often start with imunovir, and then go to equilibriant. They are both "right to left" immune shifters (Th1 to Th2), yes? I wonder of any Dr. Chia patients, can speak to why he likes equilibriant more than imunovir? (or that's what it seems like from some posts here)?
Thanks much for your thoughts!
Htree

SOC

All, apologies I have not read the entire... thread.
I'm wondering if any of you been on imunovir (first, or later?) I know Dr. K and Dr. R often start with imunovir, and then go to equilibriant. They are both "right to left" immune shifters (Th1 to Th2), yes? I wonder of any Dr. Chia patients, can speak to why he likes equilibriant more than imunovir? (or that's what it seems like from some posts here)?
Thanks much for your thoughts!
Htree

For me, Dr R prescribed a low dose of Equilibrant without imunovir. I believe we skipped the imunovir because my NK cell function was good, but I have low CD8 cells. As I understand it, imunovir works to improve NK cell function. Equilibrant, while it has some immune modulating properties, is also the best thing we have available for enterovirus infections (which is why I'm taking it).

Marg

For me, Dr R prescribed a low dose of Equilibrant without imunovir. I believe we skipped the imunovir because my NK cell function was good, but I have low CD8 cells. As I understand it, imunovir works to improve NK cell function. Equilibrant, while it has some immune modulating properties, is also the best thing we have available for enterovirus infections (which is why I'm taking it).

Hi,

I started with Imunivor and a year later Equilibrant was added. Last May on testing my NK cells had gone from only working at 5% to high end of normal. I have only taken 2 a day of each until a few weeks ago I went to 3 Equilibrant, did okay and now went to 4 and pain so I am not sure about backing down or pushing through it, if that is possible. I wonder if it is die off of some kind. Acycloivir was added last May. I still have some EVB HHV6 activation. Dr. Ksaid she liked that because it was not as toxic.

Thanks for your input SOC, Marg
P.S. Has Imunovir/Equilibriant helped at all thus far? and wonder if you had any neuro reactions at first (dizzy, vertigo, worsening OI etc?)

SOC

P.S. Has Imunovir/Equilibriant helped at all thus far? and wonder if you had any neuro reactions at first (dizzy, vertigo,
worsening OI etc?)

Yes, I think the Equilibrant has helped. It's not huge, but it's noticeable. Every time I treat another infection, I feel somewhat better to the point where I feel pretty good now. I'm still fighting the PEM/exercise intolerance problem, though. :(

The only issue I had with Equilibrant is a temporary increase in flu-like symptoms when I increased the dose. Nothing major.

Marg

Yes, I think the Equilibrant has helped. It's not huge, but it's noticeable. Every time I treat another infection, I feel somewhat better to the point where I feel pretty good now. I'm still fighting the PEM/exercise intolerance problem, though. :(

The only issue I had with Equilibrant is a temporary increase in flu-like symptoms when I increased the dose. Nothing major.

Yes I always have the dizzies and vertigo when I first lie down, especially when I increase. I just increased to four tablets and will have been on it a year and a couple months. I felt a little fluey today too so it is doing something.

I am going to have to go on a parasite kill soon, wondering if I should do all that together. I faxed my test and recommendations to Miami Friday. A very personable young voice answerted the phone right away when I call to say I was faxing. I should have asked if Dr. Rey would have a look at it since Dr. Klimas was at Nova. I will have to call again and see if the fax was sent to Dr. Klimas. I have never tested positive before so don't know if Metematric is better or what. One is a normal one and the other not human and not identified. I guess they getting a lot of my nutrients. They must be very healthy!

Marg

P.S. Has Imunovir/Equilibriant helped at all thus far? and wonder if you had any neuro reactions at first (dizzy, vertigo, worsening OI etc?)

Yes, I am sure it has. I took Immunivor for over a year before I started it and went very slowly. I have been on it a year and a couple months. I just went to 4 as I told SOC. One thing I noticed that was odd was a lot of hip pain, never had that before. A stange pain. I do feel dizzy when I increase and dizzy when I first lie down.

clive powney

July update:
If I had posted on wednesday 11th you would have pretty much heard all positives. I had been feeling generally in a much better place - not full of energy but a more general feeling of things were getting towards ok. I started yoga classes about 5 weeks ago now and moved up to 2 classes a week. My blood pressure was low at 115/75 and I had started going on walks (without being pressured - actually wanting to!) , until the 11th. I have also started taking milk kefir and sauerkraut (NOT at the same time :)) for about 2 weeks now , this is on top of the equilibrant.
Then on 11th I went out for a walk and after about 1/2 a mile I felt a twinge in my chest area and started feeling a bit sick and tired (my usual ME type stuff) . Carried on with the walk to get home and felt quite rough for the rest of the evening. Woke in the night with one of my " panic attacks* and struggled to sleep all night. Next day I was feeling quite rough again , brain fog , tired , nauseous and generally very downbeat. I have recovered a bit now but still have my old 'heavy' feeling around my chest area and almost constant mild nausea. My blood pressure is back up to 145/95 and I feel a bit low again. I am off on holiday for 2 weeks from saturday so i am hoping that some sun will give me a bit of a boost as it normally does.
August update:
not much to report really as there has been no real changes - I did notice that my holiday didn't really give me a boost like it normally does :(. I am not sure if I am going to continue with the equilibrant or not ?
bit short and sweet

SOC

I was off for ten days when I ran out (one of those cash-flow things :() and notices that my HR and BP went up during that time and I felt a bit worse than I had been. I'm back on today -- still only one pill -- so we'll see how I feel in another week or so.

Seven7

Seven
I increased equillibrant to 6 a day now because I was feeling flue like, when I am too high of a dose I get knee pain, to the point I cannot walk. I back down and symptom goes away.

Marg

I recently went to 4 Equilibrant. I did not see any difference, not sure if I should go higher. I am having way less pain, sometimes none. It seems to be the worst when I wake up and then leaves. It is a different pain, cannot describe it. I keep wodering if it could be something in the mattress. My legs then feel like I have overexercised them but sometimes normal.

We went out last night to an organic workshopno wonder we are all sick the food supply is terrible. A lot of work to be done to change it. Anyway they has an entire organic dinner. I had a sinking feeling during the middle presentation but was so far away from the door I waited. I should have taken an electrolye drink. I came home and drank one and felt better. I did not have PEM today.

Andrew

I started taking 1/4 per day. After four weeks I took 1/4 twice a day. Now I'm on 1/4 three times a day. At this dose I'm getting more flu symptoms. But I also had a mini crash because of activity. So it's hard to sort out what's what. I have been improving, but no faster than I was after I started Immpower (AHCC), and I'm still taking Immpower.

I see Chia again next month. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with this. I'm tempted to drop the Equilibrant and see if I continue to improve just on AHCC. But not sure yet what I'll do. Two Equilibrant ingredients are sort of scary to me (the licorice and astragalus).

Oh, I forgot to include this. Since starting Equilibrant, I've developed a new symptom. I get nasal irritation that is so bad it starts me sneezing. If I gently blow my nose and clear the passage with tissue, the irritation goes away, completely. Than after some hours pass I get it again. It seems as if I've developed an allergic reaction to something that's floating around the air in very low concentrations. I don't know if Equilibrant caused this, though.

clive powney

August update:
not much to report really as there has been no real changes - I did notice that my holiday didn't really give me a boost like it normally does :(. I am not sure if I am going to continue with the equilibrant or not ?
bit short and sweet
September update : again had a reasonable 2 weeks after the last update and then back down again for the next 2 weeks. I seem to have almost permanent mild cold symptoms at the moment. I do feel though that I can do a little more exercise than before but not sure if this is just the normal ups and downs that I have always had.
My balance issues seem to be a bit better in general and I havent had a bad case of labrynthitis type dizziness for a good few months now or any dizziness when I try to get out of bed in the morning and nearly fall over. So any progress is slow , if at all.

SOC

I'm still at only 1 Equilibrant. I should get the results of my labs next week to see if this low dose of Equilbrant is having an effect on any of my viruses.

The low dose isn't having a huge effect on how I feel, but the small effect seems sustained. Every little bit helps, imo.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I'm still at only 1 Equilibrant. I should get the results of my labs next week to see if this low dose of Equilbrant is having an effect on any of my viruses.

The low dose isn't having a huge effect on how I feel, but the small effect seems sustained. Every little bit helps, imo.

Hi Soc,
Do u have labs back to see if equilibrant is helping viruses? You feeling better on it?

cheers!!!

SOC

Hi Soc,
Do u have labs back to see if equilibrant is helping viruses? You feeling better on it?

cheers!!!
Yup! My Coxsackie titre is now negative. :D My Parvovirus is still slightly positive, but Dr R ordered a PCR test for Parvo to see if it's still replicating. I am feeling noticeably better, but how much of that is from treating OI and how much is reducing the Coxsackie, I don't know.

I'm still taking the small dose of Equilibrant, 1 pill daily.

clive powney

September update : again had a reasonable 2 weeks after the last update and then back down again for the next 2 weeks. I seem to have almost permanent mild cold symptoms at the moment. I do feel though that I can do a little more exercise than before but not sure if this is just the normal ups and downs that I have always had.
My balance issues seem to be a bit better in general and I havent had a bad case of labrynthitis type dizziness for a good few months now or any dizziness when I try to get out of bed in the morning and nearly fall over. So any progress is slow , if at all.
After 8 months of trying I finally have decided to give this up. I have been quite low the last few weeks - sleeping a lot in the day , muscle aches , cognitive issues, waking in the night , vivid dreams , night sweats etc etc. I am going to try the famvir route