• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

alice

That is a hard one. Couple of ideas: unless you are reacting to dairy, I haven't heard of anyone getting an allergic reaction to GcMAF--though anything is possible. But, GcMAF is known to cause histamine to rise -- for other reasons that I can't remember. Hence, at least with injections, many doctors tell you to take histamine blockers.

The whole interaction between histamine, inflammation, and the immune system is complex I think.

Sushi

Sushi
So do you take something like Benadryl after every shot? Wonder if other anti-histamines would work too. Benadryl makes me feel like a zombie and gives me insomnia - which is something I battle anyway.

alice

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Alice,

No, I don't take Benadryl. I take Allegra, but it probably isn't a good idea to take a dose close to the time of the shot. About 6 hours later was what I was told. I take it once a day.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Sushi

Allegra is a "second generation" antihistamine which means it doesn't make you sleepy. I don't use it for sleep. I take it in the morning usually. It is the "first generation" antihistamines that are apt to make you sleepy.

Sushi

Forebearance

I've been taking the MAF every five or six days, so far. I wait for the effects to wear off before taking another dose.

My allergy-type symptoms started when I ran out of AllerTame. I've got to get some more!

ukxmrv

I've come down with the cold/flu and it's gone to my chest. Other members of my family have it so it's not MAF related. This isn't a good sign for me as I'm one of the PWME who gets "everything" and for a long time. So far it's been the same as other colds and flus I have had in the past 5 years.

My feeling is that the MAF could be making me more sleepy at nights. Often with a cold/flu I get insomnia but it has hasn't happened as normal. My body temp has gone up but that could be this virus as it is the same temp as previous similar bugs.

I've not had the benefical stomach reaction to the MAF878 that I had with the MAF314 but it's early days for me.

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

alice

This is from Dr. Erlander's Facebook page

>>>>Derek Enlander

Yesterday
MAF 878 is normally sent priority mail or FEDEX . Both methods seem to roughly handle the shipments resulting in breakage or spillage. We will replace any spillage. With the present 100 degree heatwave in New York we will delay the shipments as this temperature in a delivery van no matter how fast the shipping will spoil the MAF . Thank you for your understanding
Joy<<<<

So if anyone ordered Maf878 in the last couple days, the shipment might be delayed.
alice

Hello all I suddenly today became very dizzy and sick to my stomach. If I raise my head I become dizzy and very nautious. I have had to lie with my head flat and no movement to prevent the dizziness/nausea.
I have never had this before could it be from the yogurt?
If anyone knows please let me know.
Pinky

maddietod

Daffodil, do you know how to safely send things like the starter or the yogurt? "Overnight" mail now takes 2-3 days, depending on distance. I'm interested in sharing, but am concerned about summer heat and winter cold.

Madie

Sushi

Daffodil, do you know how to safely send things like the starter or the yogurt? "Overnight" mail now takes 2-3 days, depending on distance. I'm interested in sharing, but am concerned about summer heat and winter cold.

Madie

I just got a supplement--shipped cold, came in 3 days with 5 ice packs, in a styrofoam box--all completely melted and the supplement was warm--which with this particular supplement is OK for a couple of days, but probably not with the MAF 878 starter.

Sushi

mellster

Marco
You don't have this issue with the MAF314, as you make everything from scratch and the 2 starters are powder - it seems slightly costlier though.

Sushi

You don't have this issue with the MAF314, as you make everything from scratch and the 2 starters are powder - it seems slightly costlier though.

How is it going with the 314? Are you still getting noticeable immune activation?

Sushi

mellster

Marco
My cold is almost gone after lasting 10+ days. I don't get much noticeable inflammation from the MAF314 anymore, maybe very mild. I am starting week 5 on Monday. One issue is that I cannot get my hands on fresh liquid colostrum since the idiots at the FDA/local health authorities have barred the last company (organic pastures I think) from selling raw stuff (raw milk has been disappearing from the shelves in CA as well), so I go with colostrum powder part time and import fresh liquid colostrum from Germany other times. I have stabilized around 9 now and will have blood work done soon, incl. an updated immune panel - then I will know whether the good feeling also translated into lab results. One thing I do notice regarding immune activation is my reactive lymph node which is more tender than usual and often hurting - but tolerable (no difference in swelling).

jenbooks

I can't tolerate kefir. I can't tolerate storebought and I can't tolerate the two I have made--one from a friend's grains and another I bought. I love the tangy taste but I think I'm allergic to all yeasts. I can't take sacch. boulardii either. So, I'm not going to do the MAF after all :-(. Whether I should test my NK cells and my c4a and think about a teeny dose of GcMAF I don't know. I think I'd rather do stem cells. Maybe that's biased though. I tend to just want to boost and soothe my system, not jack it up.

clive powney

Hello all I suddenly today became very dizzy and sick to my stomach. If I raise my head I become dizzy and very nautious. I have had to lie with my head flat and no movement to prevent the dizziness/nausea.
I have never had this before could it be from the yogurt?
If anyone knows please let me know.
Pinky
This sounds like viral or bacterial labrynthitis - i had the viral version about 15 years ago and it is not nice at all. Either way I would check it out with a doc asap

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I have this as a chronic condition (due to EBV), its horrible. At the start I was admitted to hospital twice with it, first time they said it probably was a migraine:(second time no diagnosis, got me checked out by a neurologist who said it definitely wasn't a migraine but didn't know what it was, the senior nurse said she thought it was a virus, no viral testing, in this respect the NHS doesn't do the job properly, they just assume if its a virus it'll go on its own, 7yrs later I still have it. It does go away for most people so hopefully it will only be short term for you, do go to the GP though, as other conditions can cause these symptoms too. And rest, thats the best way to help your body fight the virus.