• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klonopin - the best drug from ME/CFS? A patients story plus a Survey

Calathea

The survey doesn't really work if you've taken more than one benzo with different dosages, nor if you take the benzo occasionally rather than daily.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
The survey doesn't really work if you've taken more than one benzo with different dosages, nor if you take the benzo occasionally rather than daily.

I posted this on the homepage article on klon.
http://phoenixrising.me/archives/12200

some clarifications please on the survey ( I’ll wait to take til you answer) :
on the "other benzos" page. do you wish to include the atypicals ( ambien, lunesta, etc… ) ?
what if one has tried numerous other benzos ? the answers to the follow ups would be very different ( how long, how much, etc… )
Perhaps it would be also helpful to note drug "holidays" and what happened. Dosages and time frames on your survey might be different for before and after.

maddietod

I took one dose of Klonopin one time and walked into a wall on the way to the bathroom. I refused to take it again. I took a half of the smallest dose of Ambien one time and was awake all night.

I would rather live with the insomnia than deal with these meds.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I added another section if want to review another benzo....

There is a question which asks how often you use them...which goes from daily to down to less than a couple of times a week - ..I added another choice - intermittently..which people can define as they wish but which is less than a couple of times a week.

Having to review different doses of the same medication would have made it too large I thought...so I assumed people would choose the largest dose they took and gave us information about that...That does limit the survey for sure.

Calathea

It's more that if you take benzos intermittently, it's not terribly clear whether or not you should take the rest of the survey, as issues of tolerance and dependency probably won't apply. I use two different benzos, at utterly different dosages, for three purposes in total, and always intermittently, though I can take one for more successive days than I can the other. I couldn't get past the first few questions of that survey before it ceased to apply to me. I know you're doing your best, these things are always hard to design and there always turn out to be unexpected problems.