• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yasko vs. Vitamin Diagnosic Panel

I know Dr. Rich recommends the Methylation Panel by Vitamin/Health Diagnostics, but I'm just wondering if Dr. Yasko's panel is a more comprehensive version of this? Or if it's a completely different set of tests. Which would be the most beneficial for us CFS/ME folk?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I know Dr. Rich recommends the Methylation Panel by Vitamin/Health Diagnostics, but I'm just wondering if Dr. Yasko's panel is a more comprehensive version of this? Or if it's a completely different set of tests. Which would be the most beneficial for us CFS/ME folk?

It is a different set of tests. The Yasko panel tests SNPs--genetics--while the Health Diagnostics Panel tests levels of about 13 different nutrients related to methylation. The second will give you a view of how your methylation is functioning at the moment (whether you have a partial methylation block), and the first will give you an idea of genetic predispositions.

It is hard to say which would be more useful to you--it depends on what you are looking for. The Health Diagnostics Panel is much less expensive if that is a big consideration.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Thanks, Sushi. I think the Health Diagnostic Panel is the way for me to go then, for starters, to tell me the current functioning of my methylation cycle. I want to get started on Fredd's protocol, and that should lay the foundation for me to do it.